Forums
Posted By: yewgarth None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 6:50pm
Am over the moon that the Government is bringing in Laws that some people caught committing benefit fraud face prison. I'm fed up of watching fat bloated people, women included, jabbering around. One woman that i see regularly around the car boot sales at the weekend has an electric buggy. She waddles out of it and vaults to the tables, parking her buggy in everyone's way. Some have never done a days work in their lives, feeding from the Government. Another person i know has faked fainting episodes, (any time of day ) so that they got a disabled bay because parking is at a premium where she lives. I could go on all day about this type of thing, There are plenty of genuinely disabled on Wirral and i do honestly feel for them, It's just the (usually) fat bloated lazy bas$"rds that bothers me. I await the replies,
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 6:54pm
I wish there was a "like" button here on Wikiwirral for that statement smile
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 7:00pm
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
I wish there was a "like" button here on Wikiwirral for that statement smile

withthat
Posted By: Moonstar Re: None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 8:54pm
What does a disabled person look like then Yewgarth?
Posted By: yewgarth Re: None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 9:17pm
Right here we go. To get mobility i quote.....
your disability must be severe enough for you to have any of the following walking difficulties, even when wearing or using an aid or equipment you normally use:

because of a physical difficulty, you are unable or virtually unable to walk without severe discomfort, or at risk of endangering your life or causing deterioration in your health by making the effort to walk
you have no feet or legs
you are assessed to be both 100 per cent disabled because of loss of eyesight and not less than 80 per cent disabled because of deafness and you need someone with you when you are out of doors
you are severely mentally impaired with severe behavioural problems.
How many Mobility drivers do you honestly know like that Moonstar? I know two people that could overtake me when they're swinging their walking sticks around like Charlie Chaplin. I can honestly say that if a person is not either physically or mentally ill, the fat leeches should be eased into a work programme. Much like the way they are eased in and out of their cars, with a giant shoe horn!
Posted By: Moonstar Re: None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 9:26pm
I am sure it is not quite that simple Yewgarth. Perhaps some disabled people are fat because they cannot exercise rather than being fat before being disabled. I also understand that there are several conditions that are not visible to the casual observer.
Posted By: Dodgy_Bob Re: None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 9:44pm
It's about time the government did something about this, a prime example was on tv a few weeks ago on that Benefits Britain 1949, a woman who claimed every benefit going for herself, yet apart from being slow and cumbersome, with the occasional aches and pains (all impossible to prove or disprove) refused to even attempt a simple task in a factory adapted for the disabled who were determind to work and contribute, then had the cheek to challenge why someone who had a clear disability like spina bifida should get something she shouldn't of in 1949 when in reality it looked as though he was claiming less than what she was present day!
I myself have very serious heart problems that have resulted in life threatening surgery and regular checks, scans etc, yet someone I know has had merely a scare, no surgical intervention or anything and they are claiming everything under the sun including a lovely new car. I've never even looked into wether I'm eligible and have no interest in even finding out, I'm a working man and pay my own way in life and will until the day I drop dead so why on earth should I pay for scroungers who won't even attempt a days work if not just to prove their case!
Posted By: guitarlad Re: None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 10:49pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth
Am over the moon that the Government is bringing in Laws that some people caught committing benefit fraud face prison. I'm fed up of watching fat bloated people, women included, jabbering around. One woman that i see regularly around the car boot sales at the weekend has an electric buggy. She waddles out of it and vaults to the tables, parking her buggy in everyone's way. Some have never done a days work in their lives, feeding from the Government. Another person i know has faked fainting episodes, (any time of day ) so that they got a disabled bay because parking is at a premium where she lives. I could go on all day about this type of thing, There are plenty of genuinely disabled on Wirral and i do honestly feel for them, It's just the (usually) fat bloated lazy bas$"rds that bothers me. I await the replies,
10 years jail sentence.Its about time too.Its classed as fraud,The attitude of the cheats is,give me free this and free that so i can buy booze and fags.If your are a alcoholic or on drugs you can claim DLA.Billions is paid out to keep the cheats on benefits.
Posted By: Dilly Re: None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 11:04pm
I can see both sides to this coin, there are people that are overweight for medical reasons who genuinely need disability status, there are also people that are overweight through non medical reasons, laziness, over eating and so on and think they have the right of the disabled status because of their own chosen life style.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: None disabled disabled - 16th Sep 2013 11:48pm
I know a lad of about 27 that gets high dla because he's alcoholic! The Governments giving him money to buy Cider! Are they hoping he'll drink himself into an early grave?
Posted By: bigpete Re: None disabled disabled - 17th Sep 2013 1:31pm
Don't forget the fat cats at the other end of the dodging spectrum - they wouldn't know a hard days work - if it hit them in the face either..... I know a working bloke who evades/avoids 80% of his tax 'legally' - and he would still be on a good wedge even if he paid up the full tax......
Posted By: guitarlad Re: None disabled disabled - 17th Sep 2013 2:25pm
Originally Posted by bigpete
Don't forget the fat cats at the other end of the dodging spectrum - they wouldn't know a hard days work - if it hit them in the face either..... I know a working bloke who evades/avoids 80% of his tax 'legally' - and he would still be on a good wedge even if he paid up the full tax......
Dosent anyone grass him up?i know now that the social will be now checking who is milking the system.Even if some are disabled they can do some sort of work.The Word BOLLOCKS is used more now.Its a message saying i cant be bothered to get off my butt and pay my way.
Posted By: Alonso Re: None disabled disabled - 17th Sep 2013 5:53pm
It won't be governments that change things, instead it will be circumstances beyond anybody's control as economic meltdown takes its inevitable toll.
Try Googling "Is this the end of Britain" Money week.
It's terrifying reading.
We should all, even the wealthy fatcats, hope that this never happens.
Posted By: Alonso Re: None disabled disabled - 17th Sep 2013 5:59pm
Originally Posted by 19FRANK40
Originally Posted by bigpete

Whatever is the case and you can never be certain that anybody is avoiding tax and legal avoidance is perfectly legal by definition. At least he/she is not dependent upon the taxpayer to bail them out to up to £43,000 pa. I understood that the maximum benefit received now must not exceed £26,000 (Equivalent to earning £38,000 before tax)but a Latvian woman in receipt of £34.000 pa has just been given a bigger house because her existing one is considered by her to be too small. Which ****Head gave her that? FFS she is not even British! Hasn't ever paid a penny into the funds and yet she is able to take all this out. I would send her back to Latvia and see what size of house she can get there?

I read that too. She's got 10 kids. Where is their father in all this? Expect she will claim that most of her kids were born in England and have a right to family life. Wait until next year when half of Romania are coming over here. It's a nightmare.
Posted By: chriskay Re: None disabled disabled - 17th Sep 2013 9:44pm
I agree with pretty much every word written in this thread. It's time drastic action was taken to reduce the abuses of the system: the question is; how, without penalising genuine cases?
Posted By: tiptop Re: None disabled disabled - 18th Sep 2013 5:43pm
Not all impairments are readily evident to the onlooker

what about people with conditions which cause debilitating symptoms that are not so apparent from the outside, as “invisible disabilities.”

certain impaired functions of the heart or lungs and then you've got MS, ME, Epilepsy and palsy

Most people do not realize a person can have hindrances on the inside, that may not visible on the outside. Their restrictions may not be conspicuous at a glance, but their pain, limitations and inability to function normally can be debilitating.

Here are just a few invisible reasons a person may not look disabled

Back Injury, Brain Injury, Chronic Illness, Chronic Pain, Heart Condition, Muscular Disorders, Neurological Disorders, Seizure Disorders, Spinal Disorders, Bone Disorders, Chronic Injuries, Organ Transplant, Oxygen Impairment, Difficult Pregnancy, Prosthetic, Surgery and several others all of which are invisible to on lookers.
Posted By: SUExx Re: None disabled disabled - 18th Sep 2013 6:37pm
So to get disability these invisible reasons mentioned above would have genuine medical notes,hospital appointments etc.
Its the ones that say they live alone so they can claim extra benefit but don't live alone that flout the system, no medical records or hospital appointments there as back up is there.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: None disabled disabled - 18th Sep 2013 9:02pm
But how do you get DLA for being an alcoholic? In a previous thread i mentioned about a lad that was getting it for that reason. Also i knew a woman that was getting DLA for the same thing. When she knew she was going for a medical she'd go on a bender a few days before. Blurry eyes, stinking of white ice or whatever, raised blood pressure. It was a joke. Any way she died.....she got run over(sober).
Posted By: tiptop Re: None disabled disabled - 19th Sep 2013 7:00am
They don't throw money and say get on with it, you have to prove you are doing something about it before they do and prove it continuosly, also, take the money away and they'll steal/rob to get money for alcohol and then the cost to society is a far lot higher

No one wakes up and says today I'll be an alcoholic most have been in and out of care from kids or homeless.

I work in Liverpool which has many alcoholics on the street, I sometimes stop and talk to them, some of the life tales they tell would make most men cry, like one man who was in Iraq and turned to drink to cope with what he's seen or the young lady who was raped by her dad and when she told her mum, her mum then tells her to get out the house, not everything is black n white I myself don't care who gets my tax I'm just so happy to have a job when so many people can't get a job.

Ever heard of the phrase "There but for the grace of God" ?
Posted By: yewgarth Re: None disabled disabled - 19th Sep 2013 9:29am
i can honestly say tiptop that this feller is not helping himself and is not getting help apart from monetary.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: None disabled disabled - 19th Sep 2013 10:54am
Originally Posted by tiptop
They don't throw money and say get on with it, you have to prove you are doing something about it before they do and prove it continuosly, also, take the money away and they'll steal/rob to get money for alcohol and then the cost to society is a far lot higher

No one wakes up and says today I'll be an alcoholic most have been in and out of care from kids or homeless.

I work in Liverpool which has many alcoholics on the street, I sometimes stop and talk to them, some of the life tales they tell would make most men cry, like one man who was in Iraq and turned to drink to cope with what he's seen or the young lady who was raped by her dad and when she told her mum, her mum then tells her to get out the house, not everything is black n white I myself don't care who gets my tax I'm just so happy to have a job when so many people can't get a job.

Ever heard of the phrase "There but for the grace of God" ?
Thats the legit cases.What about the many few who are able to work and CBA?
Posted By: yewgarth Re: None disabled disabled - 19th Sep 2013 12:05pm
withthat
Posted By: Alonso Re: None disabled disabled - 19th Sep 2013 12:38pm
That's the problem when dealing with alcoholics or drug a users, they always have an excuse for their plight and blame their problems on others; whether it be childhood abuse or the awful things they saw during some war. The fact is we live in an age in which the ordinary working classes have never had, in the history of mankind, such wonderful opportunities to enjoy the benefits of healthy living standards.
Nobody puts whole families in workhouses anymore. Instead the state provides people with housing, much of it care of the welfare state.
Housing benefit and other welfare benefits, free education, and excellent free healthcare are all available, for now, for all to enjoy, care of the welfare state.
Make the right noises and you even get a free car, care of the welfare state.
As I write, one lady on tv is complaining about how the bedroom tax has meant she can't afford to have her haircut once a month, so dire is the impact of her cut in benefit. She speaks as she sits in front of her expensive computer equipment. The dead, who were buried in pauper's graves a hundred years ago must be spinning in their graves at the nerve of these people. Oh for a free bedroom of their own they must be chanting in chorus.
The simple fact is, some people choose to be winners in this modern world of tremendous opportunity, whilst others chose to be losers. It's much easier to be a loser when the state is paying for it.
Posted By: tiptop Re: None disabled disabled - 19th Sep 2013 7:00pm
How can you have the many few that's an oxymoron like a dark light or Bug fix.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral