Forums
Posted By: j_demo looking for some legal advice - 13th Jul 2013 8:13pm
can't go into much detail on the public forum (here) because the person in question looks at this website (not sure re membership) but is there anyone who can help or has some experience with legalities of online posts. please PM me if so, cheers.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: looking for some legal advice - 13th Jul 2013 8:49pm
There is legislation in place to deal with written forum posts which were passed by the house of lords in 2006 in relation to racial hatred and the like but there is nothing that covers anything else.

If you are talking about slandering someone in a post or saying anything thats un-true, ie you being slandered, then the only thing you can do is get the foum mods to remove it. its not a criminal offence, more a civil one....

maybe if you elaborate further?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: looking for some legal advice - 13th Jul 2013 9:01pm
My computer is on all the time and anyone could type away pretending to be me. So try and prove who typed what, you cant.. Hope that helps a bit.
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: looking for some legal advice - 13th Jul 2013 11:26pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
My computer is on all the time and anyone could type away pretending to be me. So try and prove who typed what, you cant.. Hope that helps a bit.
Good advice, i can suss who is who on the net it could be one person behind a keyboard with hundreds of names on twitter or facebook.what you think Zipper?There is a site you can report this did you know zipper?
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: looking for some legal advice - 13th Jul 2013 11:28pm
Originally Posted by ASE71
There is legislation in place to deal with written forum posts which were passed by the house of lords in 2006 in relation to racial hatred and the like but there is nothing that covers anything else.

If you are talking about slandering someone in a post or saying anything thats un-true, ie you being slandered, then the only thing you can do is get the foum mods to remove it. its not a criminal offence, more a civil one....

I would take ACE adivse.There is a law comming into force soon.when i get more info i will pm you.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: looking for some legal advice - 13th Jul 2013 11:31pm
It doesnt worry me one bit, if people want different names so what. Keeps them happy, and us amused at times.
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: looking for some legal advice - 13th Jul 2013 11:35pm
Am sure to an extreme lol.
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: looking for some legal advice - 13th Jul 2013 11:36pm
Ace you over your pm limit
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: looking for some legal advice - 14th Jul 2013 3:13am
haha. 6 usernames is it?
Posted By: j_demo Re: looking for some legal advice - 14th Jul 2013 10:06am
Originally Posted by ASE71

it's not on here, it's on google reviews, and an issue with "loss of earnings" regarding a review i put on there.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: looking for some legal advice - 14th Jul 2013 12:50pm
J Demo, You are safe smile He could take out a private prosecution if he wishes, but, he would be wasting his time as its your word against his regarding the review you left. He would be throwing his money away as i cant see any judge ruling one way or the other. And there is no way to prove who wrote the review in question...... I wouldn't worry.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: looking for some legal advice - 14th Jul 2013 12:51pm
Originally Posted by missmoneypenny
Ace you over your pm limit

PM's Cleared
Posted By: Mark Re: looking for some legal advice - 14th Jul 2013 4:31pm
If its true you can not be done for slander.
You're review is your opinion.

If that person is not happy they should contact Google to have the review removed.
Posted By: guitarlad Re: looking for some legal advice - 14th Jul 2013 5:36pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
haha. 6 usernames is it?
Have you mate haha
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: looking for some legal advice - 16th Jul 2013 1:22pm
please try and keep to the original topic smile if needs be start a new forum thumbsup

sorry of the off topic.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral