Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 9:18pm
I got my new car today, and I have noticed some bad damage on car, I did ask if car has ever been in accident as i noticed front wing and bumper not lining up, and was told no.

However whilst driving car home I noticed i had not put new tax in, so i pulled up and opened passenger door from outside, and that is when i spotted this.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What are my options, can i demand a different car.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 9:30pm
Willo i reckon its been in a bump,where the white filler is the door stop has'nt been painted, and the screws the other side are brand new,how old is your motor,and where did you buy it from,if it was good money,i'd get an AA report on it.
Best of Luck
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 9:35pm
Its not filler.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 9:36pm
Originally Posted by Fireblade
Willo i reckon its been in a bump,where the white filler is the door stop has'nt been painted, and the screws the other side are brand new,how old is your motor,and where did you buy it from,if it was good money,i'd get an AA report on it.
Best of Luck
From m53 fords green lane, £8000, 11 plate, march 2011.

What I think has happened, is the wind has caught the door bent it back and pulled the metal from body work out, and the way the small indention's in body are looks like them 2 bolts have slowly over time been knocking the metal back in to place, but when the door bent back it damaged the wing, as it's had new wing which does not fit correctly.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 9:44pm
So lets get this straight,you parted with 8K
and never looked around your motor,fella for 8K
i'd be checkin down the uckin exhaust pipe.
So if it isnt filler what is it.

Edit,take it back and ask the salesman
what the white stuff is.Best of Luck mate
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 9:52pm
I will be there in morning when place opens i will go to the manager, and ask for different car.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 9:57pm
Originally Posted by Willo_
I will be there in morning when place opens i will go to the manager, and ask for different car.

Best of luck fella,take no shit,always remember
Trading Standards are on our side,any shit,just tell them you'll take it to TS to see what they have to say,
Posted By: TheDr Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 10:09pm
Also remember that if you bought the car using any sort of finance the finance company will be on your side as well, especially if it has any sort of damaged, recorded or otherwise.

If you paid on your credit card, you're covered under that as well, there are always things you can do if the company get funny, but chances are they just didn't know and they'll sort it for you.

Is the "white stuff" where the paint has flaked off as the door metal has straightened out or is it grease on the hinge ? It's a bit hard to tell.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 10:16pm
it's where the paint has flaked off as the door metal has straightened out.

Yes it was bought on fords own finance.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 10:29pm
No offence but why did you buy it if you noticed the panels didn't line up properly?
If you had a slight idea it may of been damaged you should of had it checked out. They may say it was fine before you took it away
Good luck anyway
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 10:32pm
Originally Posted by Wiggi77
No offence but why did you buy it if you noticed the panels didn't line up properly?
If you had a slight idea it may of been damaged you should of had it checked out. They may say it was fine before you took it away
Good luck anyway
If they say that, am still with in my time limit to cancel finance,
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 10:46pm
I hope it's that simple. If you drove the car away and crashed it could you just cancel the finance and say it was already crashed?
Good luck
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 11:14pm
THE "WHITE STUFF" is white grease!!! raftl

How many owners has this had?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 11:15pm
The Sale of Goods Act says that the item has to be of "merchantable quality". It does allow for return of items that are "materially not as described", which in your case is the wing which you asked about and were told was fine (you can get into a whole minefield here but it won't come to that).

The Act does allow for items to be sold that are "damaged" if the damage was so obvious that you should have seen it at the point of purchase. You would indicate that you did, but that the salesman told you it was fine, it was only with further inspection that the extent of the damage became apparent.

Their choice now is repair, refund or replace.
If you accept a repair you can't later ask for a refund, it's one or the other, not both.
With a refund they can cancel the finance and take back the car, returning yours or they can reduce the price of the car and notify the finance company (don't just let them give you cash, you'd have lost your rights to repair and still have to pay finance on the amount they give you)
If you go for a replacement make sure the finance is all changed correctly so you're paying on the correct vehicle.

If you go for a repair you want a full replacement repair, not a filled and knocked out job, this is the ONLY repair an insurance company would accept, anything less devalues the car, I'd also ask them for a copy of the HPi report to make sure that the damage wasn't a claim (unlikely but possible). Whilst being repaired you also need a car, not your old one, you're now paying for a higher value vehicle, you're not going to pay that to drive around in your old one.

It's likely to be fine, big company, mistakes happen, they'll sort it.
Posted By: jefff3 Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 11:19pm
I reckon the door has gone backwards at sum point.happened to me once,rolled backwards with me door open.gate post was in way.it can bend the chassis.had new door,hinges etc was never good again.get ya dough back
Posted By: TheDr Re: Advice please - 2nd Jul 2013 11:22pm
Is the "white stuff" where the paint has flaked off as the door metal has straightened out or is it grease on the hinge ? It's a bit hard to tell.

Originally Posted by _Ste_

Talk about editing !!! smile

The reason I asked that, as I couldn't tell from the picture, is that I use white lithium grease on MY hinges as once its on it doesn't wash off or freeze, it's resistant to salt water and sticks like sh!t.

Or were you just being rude.

Again.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 4:55am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

How many owners has this had?
1 owner, and nope its not grease
Posted By: venice Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 10:04am
What a shame. Such a let down when you should be justifiably excited over a 'new to you' car. This must have thoroughly left you with a bad taste in your mouth. Hope you get sorted out and it all ends with a happy experience.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 10:11am
Well I was there for opening time, the salesman who sold me car, took one look at it, manager looked at it aswell, and offered me a 61 plate same price and its only got 6000 miles.

They said that damage should of been picked up, but was missed.

They have cancelled finance, and loaned me back the car until the new one is ready.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 10:22am
Good result Willo.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 10:29am
I was really expecting it to be very hard work, but they where great.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 10:56am
Glad it's all work out for you.

Good result.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 12:15pm
great news willo.

dr i was not being rude,
damn everything taken wrong.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 1:06pm
Crumbs Willo. I was reading this thread with bated breath. Thank goodness they have done the decent thing.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 2:38pm
thumbsup Hi willo, glad your sorted!, can i have my lift to tesco,s now please.. raftl
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 9:29pm
How did you get on today?
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Advice please - 3rd Jul 2013 9:34pm
Ahh once I posted that it went to latest thread, I didn't think there would be a problem there
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 8th Jul 2013 10:42am
The 61 plate comes in on Wednesday, and it will be ready for me Friday.

There is only 4000 miles not 6000.
Posted By: Mark Re: Advice please - 8th Jul 2013 1:48pm
Even Better thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral