Forums
Posted By: weaver_86 Speeding! - 23rd May 2006 2:33pm
i think i might have been caught by a camera on the way out of college today. does anyone know what sort of impact three points does to your insurance? or am i best ringing them up myself?
Posted By: scoop Re: Speeding! - 23rd May 2006 2:53pm
Keep shtum,ive been flashed 4 times and never heard anything from it,Hopefully the camera had no film,if u get the points then enquire about it,if no,yay

Silly boy gettin caught,did u forget the camera was there?
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: Speeding! - 23rd May 2006 3:20pm
it was a van! but the bloke was still in the drivers seat. didn't realise it was there until i was bout 20 yards away from it!!!
Posted By: scoop Re: Speeding! - 23rd May 2006 3:35pm
Ur boned!
Posted By: Surfergirl89 Re: Speeding! - 23rd May 2006 4:09pm
Think i might have got caught by one of those vans too. Was comin home from Wales on Sunday and he was parked in the 60 just as went into the 30. My speedo only read 34 so i might be lucky, fingers crossed hey!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Speeding! - 23rd May 2006 4:30pm
I suppose the younger you are, the bigger the impact on your insurance.

You won't need to declare it till your renewal (i think)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Speeding! - 23rd May 2006 4:49pm
"Most" insurance companies nowadays don't take into account points acquired as a result of speeding penalties due to the fact the government seem to be targeting them as a stealth tax. I doubt it will affect your insurance schedule by much, if anything.

As always though, you do need to let them know as soon as possible asbout the incident if you get points as a result of it, otherwise it could invalidate your insurance.

smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Speeding! - 23rd May 2006 4:54pm
The first 3 pts hardly make a difference - maybe just an admin fee, keep collecting them though, and it will go up frown
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Speeding! - 24th May 2006 9:35am
3 Points on my liscence increased insurance by about 100quid, so monthly not a massive impact!
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: Speeding! - 8th Jun 2006 6:52pm
Its been over two weeks now, and i have heard nothing. result!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Speeding! - 8th Jun 2006 7:45pm
Could have run out of film or had no film in the camera then.

Let this be a lesson to you not to speed, next time you might not be so lucky smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral