Forums
Posted By: stubbzy Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 7th Nov 2005 4:23pm
Help people please.

On sat i got pulled by a pc . He was really arsey with me but basically to cut a long story short he said my rectangular plates are illegal & i have to display oblong ones!?
This is bull as far as i'm concerned.
The rear lettering is spaced correctly with 10mm all around which is legal according to spray force.
The front was on at the time of mot & passed so am i right here or what?
He says i have 'til weds this week to change them or be prosecuted.
Help please. If i could have somethin it writin to shove in his face that would be great.

Thanks in advance. smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 7th Nov 2005 4:26pm
Isnt it only import cars which are "legally" allowed to have smaller/different shape reg plates, as their recesses are different.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 7th Nov 2005 4:30pm
Imports are not allowed to have smaller plates. Registered in the UK then they MUST meet UK regulations & Laws.

Try looking at this link Mr Stubzy and even print it off to show the rozza as it contains all the info you require and its from DVLA who are the governing body of the law's happy

Click here for full info......
Posted By: Mark Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 7th Nov 2005 5:30pm
Dont forget to get his police number?
As this will be great when writing out your complaint.

Take notes of what he is telling you...

Maybe he is due a refresher course. raftl
Posted By: stubbzy Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 8th Nov 2005 2:01pm
Thanks for the link Scooby. Also gave DVLA a quick call. They're gonna send me some leaflets & a book called me & my number plate.
She looked through & said there is nothing stating that you cannot have square plates!

Didn't manage to get his number Webby but will do when we run into eachother again! mad
Posted By: Scooby Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 8th Nov 2005 2:08pm
The Officers Number will be on the ticket he issued you mate.

Cons 1235 for example.

Great News, Another copper making the rules up as he goes along.

Let us know the outcome of this one please happy
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 8th Nov 2005 9:58pm
How many cars have square plates as standard though? There are a few 4x4's I know that much! Never had any probs with the square rear plate on the jeep, nor the sticker one on the front!
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 8th Nov 2005 9:59pm
BTW, little tip: "specs" cameras can only read the top line of square plates wink
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 9th Nov 2005 2:25pm
at the end of the day stubsy if u get stoped again show em the info an if there stil bein arsy say "do you stop every taxi driver that has one square plate at the bk an another square plate with this taxi registration numbers on"

once again there out to get us! raaaaaa
Posted By: stubbzy Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 9th Nov 2005 2:48pm
Originally posted by CorsaJohn:
at the end of the day stubsy if u get stoped again show em the info an if there stil bein arsy say "do you stop every taxi driver that has one square plate at the bk an another square plate with this taxi registration numbers on"

once again there out to get us! raaaaaa
that's just it john. i will have a little collection of info in my glove box from dvla ready for the future.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 9th Nov 2005 3:11pm
Jay,

Check that link again matey, imports are allowed smaller plates wink

Ive been "asked" about mine before now, and although the car isnt an import, its still Jap made, and the shape on the bumper for the plate is the same size as the plate wink No further action was taken wink
Posted By: stubbzy Re: Number Plate Sizes : Legal Info - 11th Nov 2005 8:40am
I even had another pc tell me whilst he was off duty yesterday that i'm ok & that pc street(we think thats his name) is wrong!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral