Forums
Posted By: Gary insurance excess - 8th Sep 2004 11:20am
right, for those that dont know i rolled into the back of a metro in a SLOW moving queue, all 5 people are claiming whiplash etc (how many seatbelts are in a metro)and i apparently wrote the car off although there is NO damage to mine! and i mean no damage not even a scratch! now i phoned up norwich union who were dead nice and said they will put the excess in the computer, £470, but i wont have to pay???? is that becuase im not claiming but some1 else is? im well confused!
Posted By: Mark Re: insurance excess - 8th Sep 2004 11:44am
"is that becuase im not claiming but some1 else is?"

Pretty much so...

My advice is to ask that same question to your insurance people,
but then ask how this will effect my policy for the following year. (price increase if any).

Its a mine feild out there with insurance.

No clams protection.
No clams Bouns protection.
Excess protection..

Its crazy..

Let us know what they say Gary..
Posted By: StuyMac Re: insurance excess - 8th Sep 2004 11:45am
The Excess on you policy only come to effect when you make a claim for your car - kind of a deterant to stop you making silly little claims.

As for the Written off metro, Im guessing the value of the car will be very low, so if there is any damage, the price an approved repairer will charge could well be more than the cars worth frown

As for whiplash, very little you can do. If you have admitted there was contact between cars, the symoptoms are very hard to disprove unfortunatly frown
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: insurance excess - 8th Sep 2004 3:11pm
working for direct line/tesco motor claims all i can really say is stuymac hit the nail on the head. whiplash is a soft tissue injury so therefore cannot be seen on any machine, if the doctor presses your neck and you say oww. you got whiplash and the payout is normally 1500-2000.
Posted By: Gary Re: insurance excess - 8th Sep 2004 10:12pm
me and my girlfriend were in the car and ive had more whiplash doin a 3 point turn and hitting a kerb to be honest! so i wont have to pay the excess then?i hope not
Posted By: Gary Re: insurance excess - 9th Sep 2004 11:36am
just phoned norwich union then and they told me "because its a third party making a claim and not you, you will not have to pay the excess thats on the policy"....... im all smiles
Posted By: Rocco Re: insurance excess - 9th Sep 2004 12:43pm
Nice 1 fella!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral