Forums
Posted By: MrPhil THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 12th Aug 2006 9:13pm
right now i have your attention,

the speed cam near eastham can flash you when you are going towards it. happy
Posted By: krisGTi Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 12th Aug 2006 10:02pm
is that the 1 by the lil chef m8
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 12th Aug 2006 11:50pm
that one that looks like its pointing to nowhere?
Posted By: Pomp Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 10:32am
u mean wen u speed passed it? lol or does it jst flash ya tease . see joe its always safe to go at the speed limit wen u see camera's.
Wen they look like they are pointin else where, its probably a trick
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 12:20pm
...a trick you say eh pomp? smack yeah, some little jack in the box pops out the top of the camera just after it's flashed you and starts pointing and laughing at you
Posted By: MrPhil Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 1:40pm
well condidering me brother has had 6 points off it. there is a red cover on the face of some part which is why he got flashed smack
Posted By: MattLFC Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 1:45pm
Well I never knew that! I always slow down when I go past speed cameras in any direction, firstly cos it gets you in the habbit (just incase you dont realise one day) and secondly because it shuts my GPS system up haha!

If I am going over the speed limit of the camera, as I get near to it, the GPS system beeps repeatedly until I get to or under the correct limit.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 3:21pm
Sometimes there are mobile cameras in the opposite direction of speed cameras (there is sometimes on the one on old chester road heading away from the rock)

Other than that I speed through them in the opposite direction lol. Technically, they shouldnt go off when they are facing oncoming traffic as the flash can be a hazard, but there are new infra-red ones which don't flash so watch out for them!
Posted By: Gary Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 5:23pm
but if it flashes you a syour goin towards it isnt that a bit dangerous and could startle you
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 6:21pm
thats why i said it must be facing the right way - not only to detect the speed of the car but to flash in the direction of the traffic, not towards oncoming traffic. If it were to flash you as you were heading towards it, it has no road markings to judge your speed from smile
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 6:22pm
Its not the lines that detect how fast your going, nxt time you see a speed cam their is a gap between the cam and the lines this is the area which detects your speeding so after that gap its is safe to put you foot down. I do it all the time when racing people they cant understand why it didnt flash
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 7:01pm
thats probably why that one went off cas its battered and facing totally the wrong way, must of detected something which set it off. still needs the road markings to judge the speed
Posted By: MrPhil Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 10:18pm
Originally posted by BeemerRacer28:
but there are new infra-red ones which don't flash so watch out for them!
so now you see wh y i started this topic. just forgot what they were called doh
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: THIS COULD SAVE YOU A FEW POINTS - 13th Aug 2006 10:33pm
lol smack
© Wirral-Wikiwirral