Forums
Posted By: kaytie parking fine! - 10th Aug 2006 4:53pm
OMG i have jus got a parking ticket OUTSIDE my own house!!!!!!!!!!

i live in a one way street right an there is never anywere to park so i have to park on the double yellow lines, an the muppet gave me a ticket, were the hell else am i suposed to park??!?!?!?!

thing is i have a permit to park there so they shud know that i am parking there for a reason an not jus going the shop!

and over the road there india is gettin a make over or sumthin so theres like 3 skips taking up the parking spaces!!

ooo am funming lol!!!

mad
Posted By: MattLFC Re: parking fine! - 10th Aug 2006 5:17pm
lol, at the end of the day, the double yellows are there for a reason babe.

As much as I feel sorry for you and sympathise with you, if you park on double yellows, you run the risk of a ticket.

Hence I never park on double yellows no matter what the situation, a few extra yards to walk or a fine, I know which one I would choose.

Btw, look at it on the bright side, at least it wasnt apork sausage that caught you, or you would have 3 points as well as a fine.

wink
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: parking fine! - 10th Aug 2006 6:11pm
gutted for ya hun. I'd complain and say due to lack of parking spaces you had no choice but to park where you did and you should be able to park there as you have a residents permit. I always complain about all the ones I receive and ask for a detailed reason why I was issue it.

I've heard they even give you tickets for parking one side up on the pavement, which I quite often have to do opposite mine cas theres that many bloody cars parking outside and around my house that I have nowhere to park!!!

The ones that really get me are the people dont even live around here and they park their car up for the weekend right outside ur house so you struggle all weekend with no-where to park. I've started parking outside of two sets of gates which have restricted parking as they are "constantly in use" why should I care where I park if other people don't? lol
Posted By: scoop Re: parking fine! - 10th Aug 2006 6:36pm
There is no excuse sorry hun. U should have parked in the next road or something. I often have to park well over 100 metres from my flat but needs must,ive put it on double yellows a few times up until i got caught and walked out to the car to see wardens beginning to write the ticket, got away with it as i moved it right then,nice of em.

U have one chance to get away with this,check to make sure the double yellows are LEGAL.

Double yellows are illegal if
a)they are painted OVER another road sign (such as the school jagged marks,or a single yellow line,or old yellow lines that havent been burnt away properly)
b)they end abruptly,ie,not intersected at 90 degrees with a yellow line running from the offside line to the curb
c)loads of other reasons,google for the actual loopholes (i read it in auto express)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: parking fine! - 10th Aug 2006 6:47pm
Yeah, Scoop is right yano, it was on Tonight with Trevor Macdonald a few months back.

I think it is Sunderland council are having to re-imburse £2million worth of parking related fines due to a campaign setup by locals, who have found faults with just about every parking restriction in the city.

Things such as double yellows not ending correctly, being part worn and even disabled spaces being the wrong colour or the wrong logo etc have all counted against the fines!

Im sure there is a proper campaign website for it but I can't find it. However I did manage to find this page which has a bot of info and maybe some links.

smile
Posted By: Scooby Re: parking fine! - 10th Aug 2006 7:54pm
These may help.....

web page

web page
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: parking fine! - 10th Aug 2006 11:37pm
Yeah if the double yellows are broken at any point you can get off with it, also if there isn't a line joining them at both ends you can fight against it too.
Posted By: Pomp Re: parking fine! - 11th Aug 2006 1:36pm
i think ye should take the signs down and unmark the paint on the floor and say look theres no marking u crnt do me!!!!!!

We'll all play the part and say av bin around an neva seen non of it. hehe
Posted By: StuyMac Re: parking fine! - 11th Aug 2006 1:43pm
Try giving the traffic warden that face - works on me laugh
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: parking fine! - 11th Aug 2006 7:49pm
Originally posted by StuyMac:
Try giving the traffic warden that face - works on me laugh
?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kaytie Re: parking fine! - 11th Aug 2006 8:34pm
yeah thats the face but only cuter hehe

i know i was in the wrong, frown but if i go 100yrds down the road i am then taking up sum1 elses place an it annoys me wen ppl do it to me frown bcoz nearly the whole or prenton an tranmere have restricted parking an tupac an dazza will agree with me smile

neways i have taken picturs of the 70skips an the workies taking up the spaces so hopefully that will help laugh
Posted By: Pomp Re: parking fine! - 12th Aug 2006 12:08pm
Pmsl that pic makes me laugh, that would well giv the traffic wardens the creeps n leg it out of there.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: parking fine! - 12th Aug 2006 2:00pm
I have a strong feeling Kaytie, that if you present all the evidence in a very professional manner, you will probably get excused for this fine due to the circumstances.

It depends though why the double yellows are there. For instance if they are there because its a junction or because its very hard to get cars down he road with traffic parked on both sides (basically anything to lower the risk of an accident) you probably won't.

Good luck!

smile
Posted By: kaytie Re: parking fine! - 16th Aug 2006 2:28pm
my dad spoke to the traffic warden an sed i had perfect grounds for an appeal!

and the only reason that he gave me a ticket was bcoz when he came down the road he was ablt to park in a parking space!
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: parking fine! - 24th Aug 2006 3:27pm
Read This

CLICKY
Posted By: kaytie Re: parking fine! - 25th Aug 2006 9:40pm
ok i sort of do not understand?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: parking fine! - 25th Aug 2006 10:33pm
On August 2, a judge ruled that tickets issued by wardens across the country, including Liverpool, did not carry the correct information and should be annulled.
In other words Kaytie, as you got your ticket on the 10th August, don't pay it, as a judge has ruled that they are all invalid. So appeal against it under these ground as well as your original grounds of appeal, and you should find that it will be successful and you won't have to pay.

smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: parking fine! - 25th Aug 2006 11:06pm
How lucky is that, suddently kaytie gets a ticket an theres a case right on its bum so kaytie cud get off the parkin ticket!.
Posted By: kaytie Re: parking fine! - 28th Aug 2006 1:37am
T**T!

ive paid it!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: parking fine! - 28th Aug 2006 1:39pm
See if you can make an appeal on special grounds that ticket was invalid and should never have legally been issued.

I am not sure they can without a paid fine, if it was never issued within accordance of the laws of the country.

smile
Posted By: kaytie Re: parking fine! - 28th Aug 2006 3:32pm
nah am not botherd now, atleast i no for nxt time! thanks x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral