Forums
Posted By: granny Paypal scam - 16th Apr 2013 8:09am
Receveived this email, supposedly from Paypal. I do not have skype and have not made a payment towards it. I assume it to be a scam and have not opened the link. Has anyone experienced the same?
Others have, when searching the internet and advised NOT to open the link for dispute...........................

You sent a payment of 39.00 GBP to Skype ([email protected])

Merchant
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.Shipping address - Unconfirmed
United Kingdom
Postage details
The seller hasn’t provided any postage details yet.
DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount3 month subscription
39.00 GBP139.00 GBP
Subtotal39.00 GBPTotal39.00 GBPPayment39.00 GBPPayment sent to [email protected]

If you haven't authorized this charge, open a dispute at: ...( a www. paypal help/ dispute website given.)......and get a full refund.

(I have removed the link website, as I didn't want anyone opening up by accident.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Paypal scam - 16th Apr 2013 8:48am
Manually go to the Paypal page (don't click any links supplied) and check.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Paypal scam - 16th Apr 2013 9:06am
You can always send it to [email protected] they do reply (sometimes). Good luck!
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Paypal scam - 16th Apr 2013 9:13am
Yeah, I got one of these, and I don't have SKYPE either. Like you, I didn't click on the link. Instead I went to PayPal's website directly and checked. No money has been taken for SKYPE.

It IS a confirmed scam, it's all over the SKYPE community forum, and unfortunately, some people have fallen for it.

PayPal advises the following when dealing with a scam or "phishing" email that uses their name;

If you think you’ve received a fraudulent email, follow these steps:

Forward the entire email to [email protected]
Do not alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment.
Delete the email from your mailbox.

Posted By: granny Re: Paypal scam - 16th Apr 2013 9:13am
Thanks, will do.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral