Forums
Posted By: Anonymous seat belts ! - 22nd Mar 2005 7:14pm
i no evryone forgets to put there seat belt on now and then but a mate of mine got pulled the other day and got a £30 fine ! just thought i wud let u no ! so wear ya seatbelts and the £30 cud go on ur car !
Posted By: Meesh Re: seat belts ! - 22nd Mar 2005 7:59pm
Just a bit of Info on the Seatbelts issue

[Linked Image]

For your own and others' safety, the law requires you to use a seat belt if one is fitted.

In a crash at 30mph, if you are unrestrained, you will hit the front seat, and anyone in it, with a force of between 30 and 60 times your own body weight.

In law:
  • You must wear a seat belt if one is fitted. There are few exceptions to this and the driver is liable to prosecution if a child under 14 years does not wear a seat belt.
  • You must not carry an unrestrained child in the front seat of any vehicle.
  • Children under three years travelling in the front of any vehicle must be carried in an appropriate child restraint. The adult belt may not be used.
  • If an appropriate child restraint or seat belt is available for use in the front, but not in the rear, children between 3 and 11 and under 1.5m in height must use the front seat restraint or seat belt.

the law affects the front seats of all vehicles, including vans, coaches, buses and goods vehicles where seat belts are fitted. Rear seats of cars and small minibuses where seat belts are fitted. Whilst the law does not presently require seat belts to be worn in the rear seats of larger minibuses or coaches, they should be used if fitted.

Any more info needed, ask in this topic and I'll find the relevent info happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: seat belts ! - 22nd Mar 2005 8:30pm
thnx meesh mate ! keep up the good moddin work !
Posted By: Gary Re: seat belts ! - 22nd Mar 2005 9:47pm
i no this the hard way as i also recieved a £30 fine although the prat of an officer followed me all the way from bhead bus depot to leasowe train station just to do it!
Posted By: learner Re: seat belts ! - 23rd Mar 2005 5:53pm
i always wear my seat belt now, ater my mate had a crash, he was lucky he got away but he was in a coma for 3 months. but sum ppl aint as lucky as him?!?!
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: seat belts ! - 23rd Mar 2005 10:23pm
i know i should wear mine but i refuse as much as i can because 3 of my crashes i would have been killed if i wore it.

i deserve a fine and points for breaking the law but its my choice.

great work meesh
Posted By: learner Re: seat belts ! - 24th Mar 2005 7:30am
how wud it of killed you jim?!?!?
Posted By: Mark Re: seat belts ! - 24th Mar 2005 5:42pm
Here we go then meesh doh

Adult Passenger 14 years and upwards?

So if your 14years old and above,
you are responsible. (Not the driver).

So who would get fined?
As i'm assuming that 14year olds are exempt from Prosecution.
So does this mean the "Parents" of the child sitting in the seat will end up paying?
As it may not be the "Drivers" Child with out a belt on?

Bit of a puzzeler that one? think
Posted By: learner Re: seat belts ! - 24th Mar 2005 8:19pm
i think the child who is 14 gets the fine, its just up to the family who pays it??

i thought the age wud of been at least 16 or even 18, cuz thats wen ur meant to still be a child and under ur parents supervision???
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: seat belts ! - 25th Mar 2005 9:12am
yeah i think it is 16 year of age
Posted By: Anonymous Re: seat belts ! - 25th Mar 2005 11:35pm
I thought it was 16 years too?!? think

I always wear mine smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: seat belts ! - 26th Mar 2005 11:20am
I cant really get away from not wearing a seat belt as i have one of the annoying lights and beeps that comes on when i havn't put it on. It goes off a lot as well, but at least it reminds me smile
Posted By: paul_ax Re: seat belts ! - 1st Apr 2005 8:40pm
got a fine last nite not 2 happy about coz they where behind me from upton 2 birkenhead got 2 find sum sum money 2 pay 4 it now
Posted By: Meesh Re: seat belts ! - 3rd Apr 2005 1:57pm
If they were behind ya from Upton to Birkenhead, surely that should have made ya think, poo, aint got me seatbelt on and "slyly" put it on whilst drivin? then when they pulled ya over they couldnt use that against ya and ya wouldnt have the fine?
Posted By: paul_ax Re: seat belts ! - 3rd Apr 2005 9:41pm
i did put it on when i seen them bu ti did not think at the time coz i had alot on me mind
Posted By: Anonymous Re: seat belts ! - 3rd Apr 2005 10:50pm
hmmm think always wear a seatbelt!!! They dont kill you. smack
Posted By: Anonymous Re: seat belts ! - 4th Apr 2005 1:51pm
HARNESSES are better than seatbelts! laugh
Posted By: learner Re: seat belts ! - 4th Apr 2005 6:51pm
rhys has brought his the other day and they look sooooo much safer (harnessess) he's buying mine this friday and i cant wait smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: seat belts ! - 4th Apr 2005 10:01pm
Must agree when I went in Dazza's car I did feel extremely safe with harnesses strapping me in.
Posted By: djrenegade Re: seat belts ! - 4th Apr 2005 10:04pm
yeh, ill be getting harnesses soon too, they dont just look good, but strap you in good too
Posted By: Scooby Re: seat belts ! - 4th Apr 2005 11:42pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: seat belts ! - 5th Apr 2005 12:57am
Lol scooby, any chance to get some advertisement in! Those FIA approved? Just fitted some 3 point Sparco ones in the jeep (thanks Corsa John), they look great and hold you really well smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral