Forums
Posted By: Dazza Home security but at what cost? - 15th Jul 2005 8:39pm
I read in the paper ages ago in USA a theif climb'd onto the roof of his victims house, he slipped on a tile and came crashing threw the roof and landed on a knife in the kitchen, the knife went threw his leg.

He was donned in black clothes and balaclarva so no doubt what he was up to. He then SUED the poor woman for his injury and the claim was that high she had to sell her house.

So, He attempts to break in has an accident and claims to the extent he costs the lady her house.

This is just plain wrong in my eyes - What does everyone else think?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Home security but at what cost? - 15th Jul 2005 11:07pm
the was sumting similar in liverpool a few years ago a few lads trespased into a where house an climed on the roof he fell though it was quite high an he got around a £400.000 pay out jus under half a millionn even though he wernt ment 2 be there the law in this counrty has lots of flaws in it
Posted By: Scooby Re: Home security but at what cost? - 16th Jul 2005 2:20am
Example :

A Burgalar breaks into you house and you give him a kickin to retain him, you get prosecuted think

Whats that all about ?? Personally i think if someone enters my home they are asking for a beating. I wouldnt fone the police, i would punish them myself in a language they understand.

I think a english mans home is his castle.

We are tunring into a compensation society just like america has been for years now. Stupid thing is someone fraudlently does an insurance claim of some sort say for £5,000 or so. Well over a period of time they will pay that amount back in insurance premiums anyways, hence why insurance premiums are so high today.

I Pay over £7,000 per year in insurances and it boils my **** to be totally honest with you but so many people are happy to claim claim claim....

Rant over
Posted By: Gary Re: Home security but at what cost? - 16th Jul 2005 9:37am
yeah the country is getting a bit like that, i remember when i rolled into the back of a metro (and it was a roll) theses FIVE bheaders claimed compo even though there was 4 of them in the blinkin car!!!!!!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral