Forums
Posted By: StuyMac £30 for his car being dirty - 11th Jan 2006 10:13am
A friend of mine last night received a £30 for his car being dirty, and the rear numberplate being unreadable eek

Its up to the driver to ensure the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition, and this includes making sure your numberplates can be read - even if you dont clean the whole car, it takes 2 mins to give the lights / numberplates a quick wipe...

You have been warned pc
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: £30 for his car being dirty - 11th Jan 2006 1:08pm
what!!!!!! thats madness gud job i keep my car clean.

big incentive ppl
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: £30 for his car being dirty - 11th Jan 2006 1:09pm
Yer heard about this before, people making it dirty so when a speed camera flash's it doesnt pick it up. and when police follow you they cant ready it.
Posted By: Mark Re: £30 for his car being dirty - 11th Jan 2006 2:12pm
That sounds so petty,

Where i'm sure the lad could have just wiped off his jumper "Laundrette scene ( I heard it through the grape vine)"

And cleaned them then and there...

But we dont know if he got cheeky and the no no
Posted By: scoop Re: £30 for his car being dirty - 11th Jan 2006 6:03pm
my car was like that at the end of november,i cleaned the whole car tho cos i thought "all that salt and stuff will start to rust my car the longer i leave it on" so i washed the car,plate was barely legible hahaa
Posted By: Wheels Re: £30 for his car being dirty - 11th Jan 2006 9:04pm
im a diesel owner and i have this problem. it gets very messy in no time
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: £30 for his car being dirty - 12th Jan 2006 12:59am
Hatchbacks get it the worst, the dirt just piles onto the back door. Hence why you always find hatchbacks have rear wipers but saloons/coupes hardly ever do. See so many golfs and focus's with unreadable plates on the motorway. I'd pull 'em over too but £30 fine is a little ott if you ask me, i'd just tell them to wipe it clean on the spot.

Always cautious of this, especially in the jeep after going off road.
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: £30 for his car being dirty - 19th Jan 2006 7:05pm
i think it is not a bad fine if you think about it, if you havent got clean plates and your car get stolen no one will be able to see what reg it is to chase after, so it would cost you more to get a new car

plus i hate chasing cars and not being able to see the reg hehehe
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: £30 for his car being dirty - 21st Jan 2006 7:21pm
he he he may be u should change ur plates for some legit ones if ya going all gud cop bad cop on us hey boyo lol ha ha ha raftl
Posted By: spinking Re: £30 for his car being dirty - 1st Feb 2006 11:38pm
Lucky they never seen the mondeo i had help

Police would get more respect if they just said clean it and if i catch you again your getting a fine.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral