Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Number Plate Sizes - 14th Jan 2005 1:51pm
im wondering if anyone could shed any light on the legality of number plate sizing? i dont want all the technical dribble i just want to know whats legal and whats not in regards to the front and rear plates smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Number Plate Sizes - 14th Jan 2005 2:51pm
cant be smaller than the one on your car now or you will be pulled you can get them that are just the letters with no yellow or white surround. and there totally legal, you have to rememeber the letter have to be a certain size and font to be legal.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Number Plate Sizes - 14th Jan 2005 2:57pm
i've heard that as long as theres at least 10mm between the edge of the standard size letters and the edge of the plate you'll be ok, i dont know how true this is though frown
Posted By: John WRX Re: Number Plate Sizes - 14th Jan 2005 6:28pm
My sticker plate is NOT legal
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Number Plate Sizes - 15th Jan 2005 6:41pm
basically any plate which is not the one issued to the car unless its a private plate done properly you can be pulled.

the font has to be correct
the spacing has to be correct
the colour has to be correct.

if it is not then they can say your are altering your registration and can be funny

its all down to them being able to catch you with speed cameras and also being able to read it when they are chasing you
Posted By: John WRX Re: Number Plate Sizes - 21st Jan 2005 1:55pm
If your car is an import then plate laws do not exist laugh
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Number Plate Sizes - 21st Jan 2005 2:47pm
Try here for number plate sizing info.

Imports can get away with smaller plates, though spacing, font, and font size are suppose to conform to the DVLAs regs.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral