Forums
Posted By: txt3rob 3 points for no L plates on ped - 21st Jun 2005 9:50pm
cop clearly see's broke back l plate no on and there was a front 1 earlyer and im on me way to get the plates sorted and the **** pulles me and gives me 3 points!

is there any way of getting rid of points other that wait for them to clear afther the 2 years or what ever?

im on a ped with a provisional
Posted By: Paul R Re: 3 points for no L plates on ped - 21st Jun 2005 10:48pm
Nop, I got 3 points on a scooter, and 3 Points on me supermoto,

is there any way of getting rid of points other that wait for them to clear afther the 2 years or what ever?

its just a waiting game,
Posted By: maverick Re: 3 points for no L plates on ped - 21st Jun 2005 11:07pm
Here is something taken off the D.V.L.A.website.

By the looks of it the policeman/woman has been very picky, but has been right. 3 points is the minimum he/she could give you (could have let it go).

{All learner drivers are required to display `L' plates (`L' or `D' plates in Wales) in a conspicuous position on the front and back of the vehicle they are driving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Cars
Learner drivers must be supervised. To supervise a learner driver you must be at least 21 years old and have held a full EC licence for the appropriate category of vehicle for at least 3 years. Anyone who does not comply with these requirements could be liable to a maximum fine of £1,000, discretionary disqualification or 3-6 penalty points (as could the learner driver).}
*******s i drove round with l plates off cause my drivins good ok not experenced but im good 4 a learner lol i was just gonna use the excuse cause i washed my car and forgot 2 get them on and im very sorry officer i wont do it agen and whack them back on ill be sure 2 keep mine on now al time!!!!!
Posted By: Rob Re: 3 points for no L plates on ped - 12th Jul 2005 4:49pm
your points take 4 years to come off from the date you obtain your full bike/car licence

i did exactly the same thing!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral