Forums
Posted By: spinking Front foglights 3points - 19th Feb 2005 9:30am
I got told the other day that if i drive round with my front fog lights on a night when there isnt any fog i could pick up 3points happy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Front foglights 3points - 19th Feb 2005 4:07pm
my mum got stopped the other week for havin them on, she just got a tellin off
Posted By: Steve Re: Front foglights 3points - 8th Mar 2005 1:03pm
I think it depends on the situation really!! Say for example you are like 69 years old and driving your skoda and u have your fog ligts on, I dont think that they are going to screw you over that,. But then on the other side of things if you have a modified car and you are just doing it for the hell of it then yea maybe they are allowed to give you sum points off, who knows,
Posted By: Meesh Re: Front foglights 3points - 14th Mar 2005 4:12pm
The law in relation to the use of front fog lamps is very clear and is contained within the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989

They state that, when in use, they must not cause 'Undue Dazzle' or 'Discomfort' to other persons using the road. In addition, they must only be lit in conditions of 'Seriously Reduced Visibility'.

Unfortunately, front fog lamps are used at times as a fashion accessory. The danger arises when they are used in clear conditions and the intensity of the light causes other drivers/road users to be dazzled. This results in momentary blindness until the driver is able to re-adjust and focus on the road ahead. My advice would simply be, to be courteous to other road users and use the fog lights only when necessary.
Found this on a site, this has come from a current serving Police Officer

Unfortunatly no information on the penalties, will look into it further

Hope this helps
Posted By: Waddi Re: Front foglights 3points - 14th Mar 2005 6:50pm
A lot of front fogs are now sold as "driving lamps".

Even on my new corsa which came with them as standard, they were described as driving lamps, to be used in areas of poor visability, doesnt mention fog!

I use them on dark roads, such as country lanes etc to enable me to see any rabbits etc, so I dont run them over.
Posted By: spinking Re: Front foglights 3points - 19th Mar 2005 1:45pm
cheers asked policelady the otherday about it mmmmmmm waste of time told me that the weather was going to be clear nice to see my tax going to good use doh
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Front foglights 3points - 19th Mar 2005 4:00pm
if stated that the lights are driving lights you can argue and win quite easily.

if it does not state any where that they are driving lights and are fog lights then you are going to lose.

i hold my hand up though i always drive with them on if i have a car with them, i think it looks great to be hnest plus it does help.
Posted By: spinking Re: Front foglights 3points - 19th Mar 2005 7:53pm
Cheers gadget have to agree i drive with them on only cos it looks good.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Front foglights 3points - 19th Mar 2005 9:05pm
It looks good yes, but when the road is wet, Headlights and fog lights are too bright as it reflects off the road aswell. smile
Posted By: scoop Re: Front foglights 3points - 20th Mar 2005 3:18am
they have a very good purpose in that they light up speed cameras fantastically
Posted By: Smiler198 Re: Front foglights 3points - 20th Mar 2005 5:31pm
my front fogs are crap anyway, just light the area to the side of the car. i got these new light thingy's fitted to me 182.
Posted By: Den Re: Front foglights 3points - 16th May 2005 5:48pm
i got pulled fro having my fog lights on in my corsa sri down bromborough, basically said don't have them on unless visibilty reaches a certain distant. a whole riot van full to stop me fro fog lights. good use of the tax payers money
Posted By: Mark Re: Front foglights 3points - 16th May 2005 6:03pm
100 meters or less learn

Hope that helps.
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Front foglights 3points - 20th May 2005 11:11am
could someone help me on this 1????????my lights in my front bumper came with the bodykit its mcr am i okj 2 have them on?????i would of thought theyd be drivin lights not fogs!!!!!
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Front foglights 3points - 20th May 2005 11:15am
hers my kit!!!!!it says they drivin lights??????
wen sortin mesh yesterday i noticed it sed holegen on lights????id be gratefull 2 no where i stand on it?????on the way 2 wales would i be totyally 100% right if i had em on or just round my area drivin round streets????
my kit??????
Posted By: DavidB Re: Front foglights 3points - 4th Jun 2005 1:31pm
3 points and a 30 pounds fine. Same as a reg plate with 'distorted' lettering.
Posted By: SL1D3R Re: Front foglights 3points - 25th Jun 2005 8:48am
i got one thing to say on fog lights... to all who use them when not needed!

IS IT ****ING FOGGY WHERE YOU ARE MATE!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Gary Re: Front foglights 3points - 25th Jun 2005 4:57pm
mine where sold as driving lamps on my now old quiky frown

its bloody annoying and if someone is coming towards me with foglamps on then they get the full beam treatment from me!

it might help you not to crash but probably makes other people alot more likely to, THINK ABOUT IT
Posted By: Jimtec Re: Front foglights 3points - 26th Jun 2005 11:20pm
Im gonna stick up for the Focus drivers here, in my Focus, i have a switch for all my lights.
One click is sidelights,
two clicks is dipped beam.
Pull back is front fogs
Pull back twice is rear fog

now i have done this sooooo many times and ive seen people driving around in Foci's and i know its annoying but you know what they have done.

I turn my lights on yet pull back (you dont relise you do it!) and on goes your lights! So on comes my front/rear fogs.

Also people moaning at volvo drivers with lights on. This is because in sweeden or where ever they are made, the place is in no light what so ever for like most of the year, so it saves the driver time and the safety to have them on constantly. DRL's - Daytime Running Lamps. To be honest, im all for cars having DRL's, i usually drive around with mine on all the time! If people say they didnt see me i can argue i had my lights on to help my apperance on the road!

wink just my 2pence
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Front foglights 3points - 30th Jun 2005 9:46pm
i have my drivin lights on i dont carte lol!!!!!people comin other way havethere fogs on and they dont botherme 1 bit aslong as they nt the stupiodly masive 1s !!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Front foglights 3points - 1st Jul 2005 11:54am
I HATE FOGLIGHTS!
Instead of putting fog lights on, get better mods if you think it looks good? P1SSES ME OFF! bcos I full beam the bas7ards and they full beam me back. AARRRGGGGHHHH.

You should get THREE POINTS. YOU should get a FINE. It is dazzling and can cause accidents....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Front foglights 3points - 1st Jul 2005 12:06pm
they dont dazzle me so why should they dazzle other people. you should be looking at the road not peoples lights! IMO.
Posted By: spinking Re: Front foglights 3points - 1st Jul 2005 8:35pm
Depends on what car they are on. I had a X5 the otherday comming at me and that had all the lights on and i was blinded. But when its somthing lower its ok. Plus some cars have slightly tinted front windows as standard which also helps.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Front foglights 3points - 3rd Jul 2005 10:12am
FOG LIGHTS = When its foggy.....
Posted By: Den Re: Front foglights 3points - 3rd Jul 2005 11:13am
referring back to the volvo, the lights are on because its the law in sweden to have your lights on at all times
Posted By: Gary Re: Front foglights 3points - 3rd Jul 2005 11:18am
but who decideds if their car is low enough to blind other drvers.

vicky i agree, fog lights when its foggy!
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Front foglights 3points - 10th Jul 2005 7:42pm
my lights are deffo drivin lights so........no1 can tell me nethin!!!!!!!they on and thats thjat i dont get blkinded wen people with REAL fogs go the other way!!!!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral