Forums
Posted By: kaytie No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:24pm
Last night i was going down laird st, an theres was police everywhere as they were do random stops, so i got stopped and once agen i neva ad my seatbelt on an i got a £30 fine, so am gutted now, n am never not going to wear my seatblt again now frown plz no1 shout at me frown x
Posted By: scoop Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:29pm
Glad u've learnt ur lesson now,u've learnt the hard way but at the end of the day it WILL save your life,if you dont wear it the chances of u eating kerb during a crash are pretty high

There was that crash the other month were FOUR children werent wearing there seatbelt and they ALL died,2 or 3 of them ended up OUTSIDE the car
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:31pm
think i heard about that, well i have learnt my lesson now, off down the police station in a minute lol, i fort i was going to get a criminal record frown
Posted By: Mark Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:33pm
Maybe we dont all agree about wearing seat belts,
but one thing is for sure.

Get caught and £30 Fine

Caught x 10 = £300

I think we have all heard a story where "if he was wearing a seat belt he would have been killed".

It has reduced deaths that much has been proven.

That pizza advert got the message across.
Where it repeated the same scene with out belts on.
Posted By: scoop Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:33pm
Click to see what happens if you dont wear a seatbelt omg omg
Posted By: AX_125 Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:34pm
I don't understand people who don't wear seat belts, I find it very odd.

Something i find especially funny, is some new cars constantly beep through your speakers untill you put your seat belt on. Some people put up with the annoying beep just so they don't have to wear a seat belt. lol
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:37pm
this is goin 2 sound like an excuse but its not lol, because im so small i have to have my seat as far 4ward as it will go (dont laugh) so the seatbelt rubs on me neck an it hurts frown like i said its not an excuss jus saying x
Posted By: scoop Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:43pm
u can lower the seatbelt on the B pillar so it wont rub.FAiling that u can get things that help lower the belt further still. i dont wear seatbelts at work because theres NOTHING to crash into,crashes are impossible,and i mean that.u'd have to crash on purpose to crash,

and the fact were only in the wagons for a couple of hundred metres at a time negates the need for em
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:45pm
unfortunatlly u cant lower them on mine think i need a bumper seat lol.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:47pm
Get some harness / seat belt pads to help stop them rubbing - dead cheap on e-bay smile

Motorworld and Halfords also do them smile
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 1:50pm
well ive got sum pink ones tha my dad got me, but an not really into pink stuff, but i seen sum ripspeed ones in halfors the other day so think im going to get them.

right i'm off down the police station pay this stupid fine, spk 2 use soon x
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 7th Jun 2006 2:14pm
been there done that. only got the fine cos he could do me for speeding. and the other time they did do me for speeding and ignored the seat belt. i always wear it now, it costs to much not to wear it.
Posted By: Gary Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 9th Jun 2006 11:13pm
yeah i TRY to wear mine as often as possible now but still dont sometmes.

must of been caught now 3 maybe 4 times and i always think "from now on..................." but then i dont lol
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 11th Jun 2006 2:30pm
haha ive been wearing mine now since i got my fine, except for the next day i left my fellas at like 8 in the morning to go home an it only takes me about 2mins to get home so i thought i'd b ok not to wear my seatbelt and at the bottom off his road there was police everywhere i poo'd myself haha, and i've wore it ever since lol x
Posted By: scoop Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 11th Jun 2006 4:52pm
I cant comprehend how some people can "just forget,or just not do it"

For me its equally as important as turning the key

Get in
Close door
Pull seatbelt on and fit stereo face
Start engine
Handbrake off,and away u go

U can do it at the same time as other stuff,its not like it slows u down
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 11th Jun 2006 4:58pm
frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 11th Jun 2006 5:03pm
I always wear my seatbelt and will not start the car until everyone in it has their seat belt on (amazingly, only girls seem to not want to wear them, all my lad mates have no problem with it).

Indeed, I am so used to wearing my seatbelt, that when I was moving the car about 5 metres the other day (moving towards a mates car to give him a jump start) I felt really weird and "naked" without the seatbelt on, it was actually a horrible feeling!!!

At the end of the day, the seatbelt is the difference between life and death for a LOT of people every single day! It may rub and be annoying when you first start wearing them, but it will be a lot better then ending up with permenant brain damage or even dying as a result of not wearing it!!!!
Posted By: Gary Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 11th Jun 2006 6:51pm
true, but did you know its safer to put your seatbelt on AFTER youve started your car.

9/10 car fires start when the key is turned and i no for a fact that i dont wana be slowed down when gettin out
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 11th Jun 2006 7:52pm
thas true tha gary
Posted By: Pomp Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 11th Jun 2006 11:36pm
Its one easy step jst to take the seat belt n clip it on, n no one does it tease . i wud feel well weird wivout it, jst wnt feel right. wel i did forget once at the petrol station, puttin da petrol in me car jst took me mind off fings raftl but relised 1-minute l8a.
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 12th Jun 2006 2:45pm
we had a talk from the emergency services when i was at college they called it "drive survive" believe me if you didnt wear a seatbelt and you attended it you WOULD come out and have a different feeling about wearing a seatbelt and probilbly would wear it. some of the storys (all true by the way) were horrific. did you know if you dont wear your seatbelt and you crash you could fly through the sunroof, the side windows the back windows?? one incident they told us about was a crash involving 2 young lads that were not wearing there seat belts and when they crashed the force of the impact knocked them both out of there seats and they both banged there heads together so hard that they were both joined at the head. there were loads of other stories and videos all of them made me feel sick. i could rant all day about it but at the end of the day wearing your seat belt WILL save your life yes
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 12th Jun 2006 7:37pm
frown thats horrible! I'll defo be wearing my selt belt! Did the lads survive or r they still stuck 2gether? x
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 12th Jun 2006 10:19pm
no there heads were fused together by skull and brain tissue. its true i swear and there were even more horrible accidents than dat
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 13th Jun 2006 8:36am
eee i felt sick when i read that frown
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 14th Jun 2006 12:52am
Originally posted by MattyC:
I always wear my seatbelt and will not start the car until everyone in it has their seat belt on (amazingly, only girls seem to not want to wear them, all my lad mates have no problem with it).

Indeed, I am so used to wearing my seatbelt, that when I was moving the car about 5 metres the other day (moving towards a mates car to give him a jump start) I felt really weird and "naked" without the seatbelt on, it was actually a horrible feeling!!!

At the end of the day, the seatbelt is the difference between life and death for a LOT of people every single day! It may rub and be annoying when you first start wearing them, but it will be a lot better then ending up with permenant brain damage or even dying as a result of not wearing it!!!!
I'm the same, feel "naked" without it lol. no problems with lads either, just the ladies...never move unless evry1 has all theirs on too.
Posted By: scoop Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 14th Jun 2006 6:53pm
The only person ever to not wear their seatbelt in my car was also a woman,strange eh. Bad thing is,that was the same day i got pulled for speeding and the cops told me to tell her to put it on and thank christ she didnt get fined
Posted By: kaytie Re: No Seat Belt Fined - 15th Jun 2006 4:42pm
lucky that like init, i canr belive this topic is still going haha x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral