Forums
Posted By: PAZ Private Plates???????? - 16th Feb 2005 9:38am
I am trying to sell my car but i was told yesturday that it would take 6 weeks to change the plate back...

Is this right????
Posted By: Mark Re: Private Plates???????? - 16th Feb 2005 11:08am
Ring DVLA ?

I'm told that it costs £80 to register a new private plate from DVLA, (May be wrong),
so changing back to "Standard Plates" there may also be
a charge coming to you for that too?

Keep us updated.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Private Plates???????? - 16th Feb 2005 6:48pm
As far as i am aware you can do it instantly as long as you have the correct documentation with you.

If your not putting it straight onto another vehicle you have to put the plate "On Retention" at a cost of approx £80 ish smack

This can be done at any Vehicle Registration Office, the nearest being Nun's lane in chester.

How can I retain my registration number?
You will need to complete a V778/1 - Retention of a Vehicle Registration Number application form. Application forms can be obtained from DVLA’s network of local offices. The cost to retain a registration number is £105.
How do I transfer my registration mark?
To transfer a registration mark from one vehicle to another you will need to complete a V317 - Transfering a Vehicle Registration Number application form. Application forms can be obtained from DVLA’s network of local offices. The cost of transfer is £80.
Find full information at DVLA Web-site Click here for DVLA website......
Posted By: PAZ Re: Private Plates???????? - 16th Feb 2005 11:12pm
cheers guys....
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Private Plates???????? - 17th Feb 2005 1:10am
PAZ nothing is instant with DVLA. Gud luk pal but paperwork is mad. i go there 1nce a month dvla chester that is and i wud say its worth takin longer and sendin it. the longest iv actuall waited 4 a appointment is 3 hrs!!

my advice fill in forms. post em off. let them send it bk 2 u. it will more than likely b ur old reg bk 2 which is handy if u kept ur plates
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Private Plates???????? - 17th Feb 2005 9:34am
Im currently taking my reg off the Skyline.

Cost is £105 to put on retention, though its free to put it on your next car, as the £80 transfer fee is included in that. (£80 transfer and £25 retention fee)

It can take up to 6 weeks, as this is how long it took to come off the last car, though I have heard of them coming through within 7 - 10 days - guess it depends how busy the DVLA office is.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral