Forums
Posted By: Gary plod car speed camera's - 19th Jun 2004 4:23pm
i was driving from moreton cross towards leasowe road earlier (over cadburys hill) and as i got closer to leasowe raod a noticed a booby car just sitting there facing me on the other side of the road. not sure what car it was but it looked equiped with loads of things. problem is i was speeding. the police man was on his own and didnt look at me but was talking on his radio and he didnt follow me either. will i be able to get points because i was speeding even though he didnt stop me?
Posted By: Sarah Re: plod car speed camera's - 19th Jun 2004 6:48pm
If the officer blaitently knows you were speeding like doin 40+ in a 30 he can report you without camera evidence.

You will probably receive a standard speeding fine & points (Whatever is the norm for speeding)

You can despute this as he was on his own and so it's your word against his, but as he is an officer of the Law it would be more than likley they would believe him over you.

You might be lucky & he might have just been talking on it anyway about something else.

You will just have to cross your fingers for the next couple of weeks hun.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: plod car speed camera's - 20th Jun 2004 12:10pm
He would've been more likely to radio ahead for someone to pace you. You can't be fined without proof, he'd have had to have a camera or paced you. I think you're probably in the clear mate wink
Posted By: Gary Re: plod car speed camera's - 20th Jun 2004 2:56pm
i went back half an hour later to the same place and he wasnt there so i parked where i thought he was and it would of been difficult for him to see me anyway because cars goin the other way would of blocked me from his vision.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: plod car speed camera's - 21st Jun 2004 12:40pm
I had a nobby car stop on the other side of the road and just watch me go past!! think it was because i had me blueys and foggys on but he didnt turn around!! can they do anythin about neons without stoppin u does any1 know?
Posted By: Gary Re: plod car speed camera's - 22nd Jun 2004 11:31am
i dont think they can mate i think they would of had to stop you and even then they would of just give you a fixed penalty £30 fine or a 7 day producer.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral