Forums
Posted By: SpongesGirl The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 7:23pm
So, I'm posting this on behalf of my brother who was out last night. Him and his mates all met up at Weatherspoons and decided to go to The Boot, all his mates walked passed the doormen with no problem and they stopped my brother for ID. Fair enough he does look young but he is 18 (one of the oldest of his mates), he handed over his provisional driving licence and the doormen then proceeded to ask him questions regarding his date of birth, star sign etc. Obviously he answered with all the correct answers but the doormen still didn't believe him, they then said that his picture didn't look like him and told him to "F*** Off" he was not getting in. The manager overheard this and looked at my brothers ID, she then said the doormen have the right to turn away anyone they want and that his ID doesn't look like him so he would have to come back with another ID to get in.

Are they serious? His provisional is from the DVLA and has all the official stamps etc to prove it's genuine. His baby pictures still look like him, that's how much he's not changed. Surely they can not just stop someone going in because they look young? My brother is a genuinely lovely lad, no one has a bad word to say about him and he was not drunk at the time. This is discrimination and bullying of some kind and I am disgusted at how they have treated him. To repeatedly swear at someone that was not causing a scene and was innocently trying to have a good time with his friends is disgusting. Has anyone else had this happen there?
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 7:28pm
the doormen have the right to turn anybody away for any reason they want!!!their not right in doing so but unfortunaley they do have the rights to refuse.plus im sure alot of doormen get power trips and think they are the dogs b******S.
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 7:35pm
It's disgusting, surely they and the manager would want the custom because without the custom, there's no reason to employ them. Unfortunately my brother found out what good friends he had, as they decided to stay and he had to walk home alone but that's a another story.
Posted By: nickie Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 7:59pm
Originally Posted by SpongesGirl
It's disgusting, surely they and the manager would want the custom because without the custom, there's no reason to employ them. Unfortunately my brother found out what good friends he had, as they decided to stay and he had to walk home alone but that's a another story.

These cant be his real friends,surely!!!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 8:01pm
Many moons ago I used to work night club doors and believe me you meet some really stroppy, bad attitude young gentlemen who you are never going to let in.I'm sure many of these returned home and told their family how perfectly polite they were and it was all the nasty doorman's fault.By the way,if he is such a genuinely lovely lad why did his "friends" decide to dump him?
Posted By: eddie64 Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 8:28pm
all doorman are registred with townhall,make a complaint get your brother to take his id and witness to back up your complaint to the licening department,ring the pub to let them know you are making an official complaint aginst the doorman on the night in question.
Posted By: MikeT Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 8:35pm
So, I'm posting this on behalf of my brother

Is he not capable of asking here himself?

This is discrimination and bullying of some kind and I am disgusted at how they have treated him.

Get over it. If the Boot doesn't want his business there are plenty of other places that will be only too glad to take his money.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 8:47pm
Him and his mates all met up at Weatherspoons and decided to go to The Boot

There's the problem...
Posted By: j_demo Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 9:11pm
yeh they have the right to refuse anyone.

unfortunate but life isn't fair, get used to it
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 9:14pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
yeh they have the right to refuse anyone.

unfortunate but life isn't fair, get used to it

Your life has hit a new low if the boot r knocking u back.
Posted By: Wench Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 9:15pm
There's plenty that try it on with fake ID - it's not worth them losing their licence over letting one person in, for the pub to be subjected to a check on that night. It happens a lot!

Lesson learned I would say - mates are gash & life is sometimes unfair.

Posted By: TheEpicSponge Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 9:18pm
Originally Posted by MikeT
Is he not capable of asking here himself?

No, he's not a registered member on here, so signing up just to have a moan makes absolutely no sense, hence why his sis is posting on his behalf

Originally Posted by MikeT
Get over it. If the Boot doesn't want his business there are plenty of other places that will be only too glad to take his money.

"Get over it"... It's not a whinging post to provoke a reaction such as "Oh, aren't they terrible, I'm never going there... etc. etc." It's more of a heads-up to warn any other members that their children (Or indeed themselves) might be turned away by the irate 'bouncers'
Someone who is 100% sober (Wetherspoons was just a meeting point, not a pre-drink venue) and has their perfectly valid ID (Driving License in this case) with them to be turned away from a public house is unforgiving.
Say what you like, this is a public forum after all. But for those who take the thread as a small insight into the bouncer's/manager's policies, then this is what this thread's purpose is.

Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 9:19pm
Any need for the negativity towards me? I'm posting this because my brother doesn't have an account and I will be making a complaint about the doormen, I wanted to see if anyone else had, had the problem too and how to go about complaining so thanks for the advice.

His friends were people he went to school with so it was more of a catch up with them, I doubt he'll be meeting them again.

The point I was trying to make is that my brother was wrongly treated for no reason and I think someone needs to stand up to these bullies.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 9:22pm
I will be making a complaint about the doormen

Don't waste your time.

The doormen are scummier than the patrons.

Posted By: ASE71 Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 9:26pm
Its not the door mans Job to refuse entry for looking young. They are there to refuse entry to known trouble causers and people who may already have had too much to drink.

Its the Job of the bar staff ( those actually serving the alcohol ) to check id before dispensing it. You only need to be 16 to enter a pub after 8 o'clock anyway and you are allowed to drink soft drinks.

Sounds like this door man was just a t0ss3r, makes him feel well hard picking on a kid...... really winds me up this does.
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 9:28pm
I agree with you on the doormen statement, I hate bullies and the fact it was my brother makes me so angry.

Think I'll take on these doormen, then step up to the government. Power to the people! Haha!
Posted By: Salmon Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 10:47pm
Originally Posted by ASE71
Its not the door mans Job to refuse entry for looking young. They are there to refuse entry to known trouble causers and people who may already have had too much to drink.

Its the Job of the bar staff ( those actually serving the alcohol ) to check id before dispensing it. You only need to be 16 to enter a pub after 8 o'clock anyway and you are allowed to drink soft drinks.

Sounds like this door man was just a t0ss3r, makes him feel well hard picking on a kid...... really winds me up this does.

I think you will find that it is very much the doorman's job to ensure that he only allows people into the bar/club who he considers suitable and under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.Clearly the "friends" mentioned here could not be considered as responsible.We have a long thread on here about a train guard who is in prison for causing the death of a young girl.Many people have commented that at least some of the responsibility for this tragic death ought to be placed in the hands of those who served a 16 year old with alcohol.Surely we can't have it all ways and complain when a seemingly under age person is refused entry to a bar while then blaming others for serving under age drinkers.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 11:40pm
I dont agree with it but a lot of places wont accept a provisional as a form of id. I have no idea why as it comes from the same place as a full driving licence, therefore surely they're both as easy to fake as eachother!?
Posted By: Chorizo Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 17th Feb 2013 11:47pm
Bouncers do what they want. I watched the doorman in spoons bear the shit out of a fella and get arrested and he still works there now!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Boot Inn-PoPo. - 18th Feb 2013 1:33am
The popo respect the bouncers as it takes hassle from them.

Believe.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 4:35am
Originally Posted by jen8505
I dont agree with it but a lot of places wont accept a provisional as a form of id. I have no idea why as it comes from the same place as a full driving licence, therefore surely they're both as easy to fake as eachother!?

Anyone can get a provisional, in what ever name and age you like they dont ask for any type of id. It's only when you go for your test that you need to show more prof who you are.
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 7:26am
Originally Posted by beehive
Anyone can get a provisional, in what ever name and age you like they dont ask for any type of id. It's only when you go for your test that you need to show more prof who you are.

I don't remember having to prove who I am when I did my test, it was 4 years ago though so maybe I did. That's understandable if that's the case, but still to talk to my brother the way they did is wrong. Wouldn't bother me if they just said sorry mate, I can't except this as ID but if you can bring other ID then we can let you in. It's the fact they singled him out from his 'friends' (some of which I think may still be 17 but don't quote me) and repeatedly swore at him.

It's been mentioned about who to lay the blame on, if for example and god forbid my brother walked home alone and ended up getting attacked on the street as we keep hearing about. Would the blame be on the doormen for splitting the group or (my choice) his 'friends' for leaving him? And before the smart bums get in, obviously it's the attackers fault for choicing my brother but if the circumstances were different he wouldn't be alone.
Posted By: Tatey Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 9:05am
This is what happens to pubs when they are run by nightclub owners.
I wouldn't dream of going to a pub that had to employ bouncers on the door.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 9:28am
Originally Posted by Tatey
This is what happens to pubs when they are run by nightclub owners.
I wouldn't dream of going to a pub that had to employ bouncers on the door.

withthat
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 1:15pm
can we name the pub/club on here? I only ask coz when anyone bad mouths a shop on here Mark edits it so the name's not shown.
Posted By: mb2496 Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 1:26pm
Originally Posted by eddie64
all doorman are registred with townhall,make a complaint get your brother to take his id and witness to back up your complaint to the licening department,ring the pub to let them know you are making an official complaint aginst the doorman on the night in question.

Doormen are not registered with the Town Hall. They are SIA registered, and employed directly by premises/businesses.

Doormen, and any other staff can refuse to allow entry to anybody they wish and do not need to give a reason. This goes for any shop, pub, hotel, whatever. Private property, so refusal of entry completely allowed, and right.
Posted By: mb2496 Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 1:31pm

Where do I start with this one? It is absolutely the doormens job to refuse anybody who appears to be underage. They are the 'first line of defence'. The bar staff should also be checking, but this makes for a more robust system.

As for under 18s after 8pm etc... this is simply not the case. Each premises has its own rules, some of which may be conditions of their licence. But there is no current 'law' about being 16 after 8pm and buying soft drinks.
Posted By: catlover Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 1:32pm
"I think you will find that it is very much the doorman's job to ensure that he only allows people into the bar/club who he considers suitable and under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.Clearly the "friends" mentioned here could not be considered as responsible.We have a long thread on here about a train guard who is in prison for causing the death of a young girl.Many people have commented that at least some of the responsibility for this tragic death ought to be placed in the hands of those who served a 16 year old with alcohol.Surely we can't have it all ways and complain when a seemingly under age person is refused entry to a bar while then blaming others for serving under age drinkers."

Excellent point Salmon!!!!
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 3:06pm
People are saying it's the right to stop underaged getting in, yes it is. The point is my brother is of age as of December 2012, his "friends" are all younger then him so doubt a whole group has turned 18 over 2 months so theyve picked on the wrong one anyway
Posted By: Mrburg Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 5:36pm
I was having a smoke outside there and seen them refuse entry to somebody until they started being very awkward with the doormen and giving them abuse and getting in everybodys way. Then the doorman told him to fookoff as anybody would of because he was a pain in the arse. But that couldn't be your brother could it ? Cs he just tried to go into a pub , got turned away, then got singled out from several hundred people entering and exiting the pub and then got bullied by all the doorman. He got turned away from a pub. It will more than likely happen again if he looks young and his I.d. doesn't look like him. He should Either update it or stop crying about it to his sister.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 8:57pm
I thought it was like supermarkets, if you look younger then 25 your not allowed in think
Posted By: 24424m Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 18th Feb 2013 10:14pm
Originally Posted by mb2496

Doormen, and any other staff can refuse to allow entry to anybody they wish and do not need to give a reason. This goes for any shop, pub, hotel, whatever. Private property, so refusal of entry completely allowed, and right.

Agreed, but with the proviso that there is no discrimination. For example, it would be illegal to refuse entry on the grounds of race or disability, but in general, it has to be a judgement call for the door staff, often made in difficult circumstances.
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 19th Feb 2013 2:02pm
Originally Posted by eddtheduck
I thought it was like supermarkets, if you look younger then 25 your not allowed in think

confused
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 19th Feb 2013 2:35pm
supermarkets, if you look younger then 25 they don't have to sale ale to you. [url=]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shoppers-look-age-25-buying-alcohol.html[/url]
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 19th Feb 2013 3:17pm
Originally Posted by eddtheduck
supermarkets, if you look younger then 25 they don't have to sale ale to you. [url=]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shoppers-look-age-25-buying-alcohol.html[/url]

But they do 'let you in'.

The challenge 25 rule, as it is known, isn't something that HAVE to do at all. They decide to do it so that they can't be caught selling alcohol to underage people.

Not really relevant to this discussion.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 19th Feb 2013 11:23pm
"Agreed, but with the proviso that there is no discrimination. For example, it would be illegal to refuse entry on the grounds of race or disability, but in general, it has to be a judgement call for the door staff, often made in difficult circumstances."

But they can discriminate for somebody looking young? even when they prove they are over 18?

Lets face it, Doormen are just thicko's that get off on refusing entry to whoever they like for whatever reason they like because its the only control they have. Gives them something to tell their mates about and no doubt an erection in the process.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 19th Feb 2013 11:29pm
Lmao, think the steds wouldn't allow that ace laugh
Posted By: johnny Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 20th Feb 2013 10:25am
i actually think it is hilarious that he is 18 and his sister is on here bitching on his behalf about him being knocked back from a pub ...... he needs to man up or is it the fact that his so called mates( who by the way dumped him ) and are younger than him got in without any problem..... he being the perfect little brother and his sister knows this even though she wasn't there would never have dreamt of being stroppy or attitude or anything else that brought attention to him and not his mates....so the big bad doorman must of been a bully and who was he to shout and swear at poor little brother........ maybe perfect little brother is not ready for the big wide world of grown ups saying no to him or maybe he should only go out to the big boys pub with big sister to hold his hand ....HE NEEDS TO GROW A PAIR
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 20th Feb 2013 5:47pm
I love people you know, there must be some sad people that have to be constantly negative towards others to bring them down to their low level. As my Nan has always said, "If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it all"

Fair enough, share your opinion but please don't make it a personal attack and before anyone jumps down my neck for standing up for myself, it's not aimed at anyone in particular, it's aimed at a group of people that have been negative towards me and not the subject of this post.
Posted By: MikeT Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 20th Feb 2013 7:38pm
"Management reserve the right to refuse admission". In other words, tell your brother to get over it and take his business elsewhere.
Posted By: Abbot Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 20th Feb 2013 10:13pm
I wouldnt piss on bouncers if they where on fire, probably just point and laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 20th Feb 2013 11:22pm
I love people you know, there must be some sad people that have to be constantly negative towards others to bring them down to their low level. As my Nan has always said, "If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it all"

Fair enough, share your opinion but please don't make it a personal attack and before anyone jumps down my neck for standing up for myself, it's not aimed at anyone in particular, it's aimed at a group of people that have been negative towards me and not the subject of this post.

Seriously, tell your bro not to let it bother him, there's a lot of a holes in this world.

We all come across them from time to time, he is not on his own and it won't be the first time either.

Tell him not to go there again, if they have turned him down it's their loss, that are the ones losing money and he has saved money.

It's been humiliating for him which isn't nice but at the end of the day he is a better person for walking away and going home, believe me, some people would not take it like that and would go back and kick off.

Ignore the bouncer, ignore the manager and don't look back, at the end of the day your brothers a better person so don't let them bother him or yourself.

Oh, also ignore the negative comments on here.

Peace spongesgirl happy
Posted By: ASE71 Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 20th Feb 2013 11:28pm
I agree with Ste, Ignore all the retarded comments on here. This forum is full of People who Know all, yet know naff all They're All mouth and no trousers yada......yada......yada....
Posted By: Bethan Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 21st Feb 2013 3:11am
He's going to get this all the time!
I have just turned 19 and I get ID'ed everywhere I go (I do look fairly young for my age so I have no problem with this)
I take my passport with me as I don't see the point in paying for a provisional I won't use but sometimes they even knock that back.
The Boot isn't a good place anyway, I've been in there a few times and something always happens (my brother was spiked in there and someone attempted to spike me)
Lots of bouncers I have encountered, especially in Liverpool, exploit their power by turning genuine people down or even asking young girls (who have no valid ID) to give them 'sexual favours' to get in and I have witnessed this myself. I've been asked a few times even with valid ID. I dread going out because of this, it's disgusting.
I hope your brother was okay getting home, his friends obviously aren't great if they leave him alone!
There are many places better than The Boot anyway so stay away(-:
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 23rd Feb 2013 11:36am
I agree with Ste, Ignore all the retarded comments on here. This forum is full of People who Know all, yet know naff all They're All mouth and no trousers yada......yada......yada....

Too true, I've actually blocked posts from one person on here, must of been stalking me because he was always negative towards me no matter where I posted. I agree with Ste too and to be fair, I've never been to The Boot just get a bad vibe whenever I go near it so this situation has just cemented the fact I will never go there. Stick to Spoons, I say the drinks are probably cheaper anyway lol
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 25th Feb 2013 12:08pm
Tell him to go the off licence buy some white lightning and sit off in the park shouting at the pigeons and dancing, if he's any good we could go on x factor and be the new jedward raftl

PS for people who can't work this out am joking.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: The Boot Inn - Liscard - 25th Feb 2013 1:52pm
yeah that,good point there. ASE
© Wirral-Wikiwirral