Forums
Posted By: ducky73 back to work interviews - 19th Jan 2013 12:07pm
hi just after some advice please . had 4 times off last year in work 2 were sickness bug . and only 1 day . other was flu 2 days then had 3 weeks of with a thumb injury .and 2 weeks off with chest infection . i was called in last week for a health review . ive never had a back to work interview on any of the above illness . which Iam sure is law . now recived a letter saying this is informal warning and if I have anymore time off . my words I will be sacked . any advice on this regards
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: back to work interviews - 19th Jan 2013 12:37pm
Have a look at this website, it has all employment law ect and tell's you employee rights. Hope it helps.

www.acas.org.uk
Posted By: ducky73 Re: back to work interviews - 19th Jan 2013 12:54pm
thankyou so much will have a look now smile
Posted By: kittykat Re: back to work interviews - 19th Jan 2013 3:12pm
Am I right in thinking you work for Asda?
Posted By: eggandchips Re: back to work interviews - 19th Jan 2013 4:00pm
you can 'phone ACAS for advice
Originally Posted by SpongesGirl
Have a look at this website, it has all employment law ect and tell's you employee rights. Hope it helps.

www.acas.org.uk
Posted By: ducky73 Re: back to work interviews - 19th Jan 2013 4:41pm
hi kitykat no dont work for asda . just a stupid company . sick
Posted By: ducky73 Re: back to work interviews - 19th Jan 2013 4:44pm
thanks egg and chips . nice lady has put link up . and thankyou had a look and I think might to e. mail them with my problem . sick
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: back to work interviews - 21st Jan 2013 8:57am
3 Weeks off for a thumb injury? What do you do?
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: back to work interviews - 21st Jan 2013 8:58am
It sounds like you have had some rotten luck with sickness. That being said, if I ran a company, I would want people in work and would aim to hire healthy people, maximizing my profits.
Posted By: ducky73 Re: back to work interviews - 26th Jan 2013 6:21pm
took your comment on deanobirko . I dont wish to discuss what my job is . also I cant afford to be off . and do you work ? if you do good luck to you . some people are healthy than others . ive just had a bad run of illness .
Posted By: Neil_c Re: back to work interviews - 26th Jan 2013 6:36pm
how long is your length or service? If it's over a few years and your sickness record has been fairly clean in the past, I wouldn't worry about it.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: back to work interviews - 26th Jan 2013 6:37pm
Originally Posted by ducky73
took your comment on deanobirko . I dont wish to discuss what my job is . also I cant afford to be off . and do you work ? if you do good luck to you . some people are healthy than others . ive just had a bad run of illness .

Unfortunately employer don't give a toss about your illnesses.....as has already been said, they're only interested in making more money !! whippy
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: back to work interviews - 26th Jan 2013 7:29pm
Did you find anything that helps you? Please say you've worked for the company for over 12 months. Unfortunately, I needed the help of ACAS last year but as I had only worked for this company for 11 months and 2 weeks to be exact. I didn't have a leg to stand on. They wanted rid of me before they took over paying for my apprenticeship.
Posted By: ducky73 Re: back to work interviews - 27th Jan 2013 10:17am
thankyou all that has give me advice , spongegirl can I say thankyou so much . I had advice of them which was very helpfull.ive worked for my company for 7 years . after the advice I was given . my employer had made a mistake as back to work interviews by law have to be done .ive spoke to my HR department and they have said to dismiss the letter and no displinary action will be taken . hence my manger got a telling off . thanks all again . will leave thread on for a bit . can anyone tell me please how I delete my post . regards
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: back to work interviews - 29th Jan 2013 5:46pm
You're welcome. I have no idea how to delete the post though lol
Posted By: reddragon Re: back to work interviews - 29th Jan 2013 7:07pm
request for the topic to be locked now
© Wirral-Wikiwirral