Forums
Posted By: Raven61 Dodgy Paypal Email - 23rd Aug 2012 6:10pm
I've just received an email Headed 'Paypal - Receipt for your payment'.
When opened it is a receipt for a payment of 39.00 GBP to Skype ([email protected]). It says the shipping address is unconfirmed & states:
If you haven't authorized this charge, open a dispute at:
https://www.paypal.co.uk/helpcenter/open_dispute and get a full refund.
Instead of opening it I logged onto my Paypal account & there is nothing showing on it so must be some kind of scam.
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: Dodgy Paypal Email - 23rd Aug 2012 6:15pm
It's a phishing attempt to get you to click on the link and login to "Paypal" thereby giving these tw*** your password to Paypal.
DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING

Instead forward the e-mail to [email protected] and you will get a reply from them in time.
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Dodgy Paypal Email - 23rd Aug 2012 6:27pm
Originally Posted by kenmo52
It's a phishing attempt to get you to click on the link and login to "Paypal" thereby giving these tw*** your password to Paypal.
DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING

Instead forward the e-mail to [email protected] and you will get a reply from them in time.

Hi Kenmo52, I've sent a copy of it to Paypal.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Dodgy Paypal Email - 23rd Aug 2012 9:17pm
Jees these assholes will try anything these days no

Thanks for the heads up raven.

happy
Posted By: reddragon Re: Dodgy Paypal Email - 23rd Aug 2012 9:39pm
just a heads up if you do get an email from Paypal it will have your NAME on it anything else just ignore and forward to paypal
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Dodgy Paypal Email - 23rd Aug 2012 9:41pm
had a similar one myself a few weeks back stating my monthly statement was ready,,, paypal dont do monthly statements as far as im aware lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Dodgy Paypal Email - 24th Aug 2012 7:22am
Originally Posted by 1971efc
had a similar one myself a few weeks back stating my monthly statement was ready,,, paypal dont do monthly statements as far as im aware lol

Like this one? (which I ignored and just checked)...

By the way dragon this had my full name on and was headed "PayPal"

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Dodgy Paypal Email - 24th Aug 2012 8:47am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by 1971efc

Like this one? (which I ignored and just checked)...

By the way dragon this had my full name on and was headed "PayPal"

[Linked Image]

yes ste thats the one,,, full name and email on it as well,,, one thing i always do is use the actual site to login and not the links,,, makes you wonder how many people fall for them
© Wirral-Wikiwirral