Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Bloody Asda - 28th Mar 2012 5:32pm
Went shopping at Asda today, bought 2 legs of lamb, went to the self scanner, paid and tried to leave the building. Alarms off all over the place, pulled by staff, everybody staring as though I was a shoplifter. Get's sorted and the staff had put the tags in the wrong place, as if I was to know, and therefore the self scanner didn't get the info off them. One of the managers is going to sort it, yeah I don't think so. There should be an automatic penalty to these chunks when they cock up and ordinary folk are put through this kind of shoit. Won't be spending my pennies in there any time soon but be aware of where those tags are if you are getting stuff and going through the self service pay points.
somad
Posted By: karenjon Re: Bloody Asda - 28th Mar 2012 6:05pm
Ha it happened to me yesterday with steak
Posted By: Rover1 Re: Bloody Asda - 28th Mar 2012 6:14pm
Serves you right for using self services - staffed checkouts mean that they have to employ staff
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bloody Asda - 28th Mar 2012 7:29pm
Originally Posted by Rover1
Serves you right for using self services - staffed checkouts mean that they have to employ staff

Oh no! Not another one?
Posted By: JWood Re: Bloody Asda - 28th Mar 2012 8:10pm
Haha happened to me and another girl yesterday with tubs if baby milk was really embarrassing, felt sorry for the other girl she has to root through a whole trolley of shopping to find it x
Posted By: JWood Re: Bloody Asda - 28th Mar 2012 8:11pm
And we didnt even use the self scanner x
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Bloody Asda - 28th Mar 2012 9:36pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Went shopping at Asda today, bought 2 legs of lamb, went to the self scanner, paid and tried to leave the building. Alarms off all over the place, pulled by staff, everybody staring as though I was a shoplifter. Get's sorted and the staff had put the tags in the wrong place, as if I was to know, and therefore the self scanner didn't get the info off them. One of the managers is going to sort it, yeah I don't think so. There should be an automatic penalty to these chunks when they cock up and ordinary folk are put through this kind of shoit. Won't be spending my pennies in there any time soon but be aware of where those tags are if you are getting stuff and going through the self service pay points.
somad

see this

Scanning Code of Practice If the scanned price of a non-price item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum. If a Code of Practice problem cannot be resolved at the store level, please call 1-866-499-4599 to register your complaint.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Bloody Asda - 28th Mar 2012 9:55pm
Originally Posted by softshoes

see this

Scanning Code of Practice If the scanned price of a non-price item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum. If a Code of Practice problem cannot be resolved at the store level, please call 1-866-499-4599 to register your complaint.

Doesn't apply in the UK

The till stage is just an offer, the shop was making an "invitation to treat", only when they accept your money is a contract formed, although some shop (such as Tesco) do have REALLY nice policy when the shelf price is different to the one it scans and you pay at.

Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bloody Asda - 29th Mar 2012 9:40am
The actual problem was that there was a tag on the joints but it had been put on the wrong side of the item so that when the joint went through the scanner the barcode tallied the stuff via the normal barcode on the label and we paid as normal. With the security tag being on the other side then it didn't get cancelled electronically (as if I was supposed to know). It turns out that whoever was security tagging the stuff didn't put it in the right place (once again, as if I was supposed to know).
Some of the staff there are pretty gash anyway. Last week a bloke was gathering up the baskets to take them to the pick up point, he stacked them so high that he couldn't see where he was going and smacked into my back, he didn't turn a hair or apologise for his clumsiness. Yesterday, same time as the meat fiasco, the bloke who walks around with the "Till Free" sign nearly poked my wife's eye out with the sign because he was talking on his phone and not watching what he was doing when he suddenly started moving across in front of her. Bloody shambles.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Bloody Asda - 29th Mar 2012 5:51pm
Bandy, come on, tell the truth, you had a bottle of rum stuffed down yer keks! thumbsup
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Bloody Asda - 29th Mar 2012 5:57pm
or was it long french loaf! and you were glad to see the exit sign.. laffin
Posted By: Lightning Re: Bloody Asda - 29th Mar 2012 6:04pm
No both of you are wrong, he was seen on cctv stealing the cumberland sausage and hiding them in his Kaks raftl.
Good things them cctv cameras they allways get you caught out!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bloody Asda - 5th Apr 2012 9:38am
paid and tried to leave the building. Alarms off all over the place, pulled by staff, everybody staring as though I was a shoplifter.
somad

last time this happened to me i thought sod it and started running lol ,was then rugby tackled by 2 security guards... even though i had paid ,i decided to wait until the po po turned up to arrest me before pulling out my receipt much to the dismay of both the police and the staff too ..

got myself a nice voucher from the store manager along with an apology from him the staff and the police too ....

was rather funny and also taught the idiots a lesson hahahahah
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Bloody Asda - 5th Apr 2012 10:05am
Brilliant,LMHO!
Originally Posted by NON_CUSTOM
paid and tried to leave the building. Alarms off all over the place, pulled by staff, everybody staring as though I was a shoplifter.
somad

last time this happened to me i thought sod it and started running lol ,was then rugby tackled by 2 security guards... even though i had paid ,i decided to wait until the po po turned up to arrest me before pulling out my receipt much to the dismay of both the police and the staff too ..

got myself a nice voucher from the store manager along with an apology from him the staff and the police too ....

Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bloody Asda - 5th Apr 2012 4:45pm
Just caught up on this one, haha, had plenty of rum at the weekend, Pussers. If I got rugby tackled now I'd snap. My knees are dodgy now from when I did play a bit, problems of being a winger.
smack
Posted By: StrontiumDog Re: Bloody Asda - 27th Jun 2012 12:12am
Bit late to the thread, but hopefully relevant...

If an alarm goes off as you exit a store, you're under no obligation to stop whatsoever. Security guards should only detain you if they're absolutely certain you've stolen something. If they hold you and you've taken nothing, they are in big trouble and can be done for wrongful arrest and false imprisonment.

Alarms have gone off on me occasionally in the past, once when I haven't even bought anything as the sensor was set off by the magnetic strip on my work passcard. Security guards can get really arsey when you just keep walking as they are not used to having their authority challenged; everyone should do this at least once in their lives, if only to take the little Hitlers down a peg or two smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Bloody Asda - 27th Jun 2012 7:44am
TK max are the best, instead of the alarm noise a voice comes out of a speaker and demands you go back to the till to return the security tag that may be left on the purchased item raftl
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Bloody Asda - 27th Jun 2012 7:50am
Originally Posted by NON_CUSTOM
somad

next time it happens to me thats what i am going to do lmao bet it was funny
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bloody Asda - 27th Jun 2012 8:43am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
TK max are the best, instead of the alarm noise a voice comes out of a speaker and demands you go back to the till to return the security tag that may be left on the purchased item raftl

That's as subtle as an air raid !! grin
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Bloody Asda - 27th Jun 2012 11:58am
Tell me about it, its almost as stupid as the trucks that tell you they are reversing, Like I couldn't see it...

And im sure the blind had no problems in the past with hearing a beeping.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Bloody Asda - 29th Jun 2012 12:16pm
When I use to work in Birkenhead since Asda opened we had loads of people coming into our store saying the alarm went off when they went through the door but had not bought anything from us.

We use to say then "Have you been to Asda" and 9 times out of 10 they had and the tag had been left on!
Posted By: RedMen231 Re: Bloody Asda - 30th Jun 2012 9:35pm
I bought a shed from a d.i.y store few years ago and there wasnt any staff on the tills only the self serve was available,i explained to the staff you cant expect me to pick up this huge shed and scan it ??, i had to wait about 10mins until they could find some one who could use the till,unbelievable... imagine tryna scan it on there haha,am glad i didnt wanna buy a mini tractor hehe
© Wirral-Wikiwirral