Forums
Posted By: jabber_Ish photography at gigs - 3rd Jan 2012 10:33am
with modern phones taking photos as near as good as SLR cameras, whats the law regarding taking pictures in gigs these days with cameras ?

anyone know ?
Posted By: puntoar Re: photography at gigs - 3rd Jan 2012 10:48am
Im not sure about this one mate, all I can say is that at the gigs I have been to lately they stipulate on the ticket or upon entry that you can or cannot take photos
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: photography at gigs - 3rd Jan 2012 10:51am
thanks ill check ...its at mountford hall in liverpool

wanted to take an slr with a decent zoom lens u see
Posted By: ex0__ Re: photography at gigs - 3rd Jan 2012 11:03am
You need permission from the owner of the event if you're stood in private property that they've leased for that specific gig. All they can do is kick you out if you get caught though. You can't ever be forced to delete pictures you've taken.

The exception would be if you're taking the pictures from a public road or something, in which case go nuts.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: photography at gigs - 3rd Jan 2012 2:05pm
Is that for Skrillex Jab ?

There was something in the news about apple looking into blocking your handset from recording media at certain gigs but not sure if thats in force yet
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: photography at gigs - 3rd Jan 2012 5:04pm
Originally Posted by Nelzy84

yep was after some quality images to turn into posters for my daughter
Posted By: Anonymous Re: photography at gigs - 3rd Jan 2012 5:44pm
As long as you don't take in some large camera the venue is pretty relaxed. The security would have one hell of a busy night if they tried to stop people using their phones to take pictures.

Be sensible smile
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: photography at gigs - 4th Jan 2012 12:43pm
Originally Posted by jabber
Originally Posted by Nelzy84

yep was after some quality images to turn into posters for my daughter

Quality mate, if it's not too much trouble to you, get some pics up on here mate, would love to see that, ticket master has got tickets going for 16.50 at present but not sure i can gewt a night away from the fam at present frown
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: photography at gigs - 4th Jan 2012 1:35pm
doesnt help its on valentines day ! laffin
Posted By: dva99999 Re: photography at gigs - 5th Jan 2012 12:00am
Sorry to put my oar in but doesn't the Nikon Coolpix have had advert showing Robbie Williams telling everyone to get their cameras out? Surely if there was a law against it........etc, etc.
Posted By: Wheels Re: photography at gigs - 5th Jan 2012 9:16am
This really does my Tits in. I work in security and have had to stop people taking pictures many times. I really hate doing it but when you have your boss screaming in your ear to stop them.. Well I just have a quite word and explain the situation.

If Apple was to stop your phone from talking pics at gigs/events I'd stop using them (and I'm a big fan of the IPhone).

Phone cameras are pretty good these days so if you are In The middle of the crowd I'd just snap away. Security will never be able to get to you/find you, just pocket the phone and deny anything if somehow you are found smile
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: photography at gigs - 5th Jan 2012 2:36pm
hahah nice one wheels smile

Agreed seems a step to far, you've paid the ticket price to get in should be fair game.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: photography at gigs - 5th Jan 2012 2:37pm
Originally Posted by jabber
doesnt help its on valentines day ! laffin

Booo defo a no go then for me frown
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: photography at gigs - 5th Jan 2012 7:01pm
get 2 tickets mate , take the missus !
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: photography at gigs - 5th Jan 2012 8:34pm
Would have to take the lillin aswell probs mate haha
Saying that 6 months is the perfect age for an introduction to dub step / electro pop imo smile
Posted By: mb2496 Re: photography at gigs - 9th Jan 2012 8:22pm
No criminal offence... boils down to contract law. It is a term/condition of buying ticket/entering gig that you don't take pictures. Therefore a person taking a photograph would be in breach of contract. I can see why the artists/management do it, being that they are a 'business' and they make money from selling photos of the gigs etc. But I am sure most people aren't taking pics to sell on at a later date. Personally when I am at a gig, I am there to watch a band LIVE, not through a mobile phone / camera screen! If I want a clear picture of them I'll go online! To each his own.
Posted By: Brocks Re: photography at gigs - 10th Jan 2012 12:10pm
If you use the camera and are asked to stop but persist you would be asked to leave. Refusal to do so then become Trespass and a possibly public order offence which does become a police issue.

This is a guide to rights in the UK

http://www.sirimo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/ukphotographersrights-v2.pdf
Posted By: ad3000 Re: photography at gigs - 1st Feb 2012 1:23pm
Ive worked security at many gigs and festivals over the years, and one that seems relevant to this thread is the 3 day event Oasis put on at Eaton Park a couple of years back. No ones phone would work in the arena, and the signal only got through once you were stood over by the fence, a good hundred yards from the stage. I asked a techie if there was a reason for this, and he said they were using a commercially-bought network blocker, to stop punters live streaming the gig straight on to youtube etc.
As for taking photos with your phone, security won't really bother unless you're within arms reach of the pit, and the entry search is usually for 'pro' or interchangeable lenses.
The paps down the front would get upset if punters took better snaps than they do
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: photography at gigs - 1st Feb 2012 2:16pm
Originally Posted by ad3000
Ive worked security at many gigs and festivals over the years, and one that seems relevant to this thread is the 3 day event Oasis put on at Eaton Park a couple of years back. No ones phone would work in the arena, and the signal only got through once you were stood over by the fence, a good hundred yards from the stage. I asked a techie if there was a reason for this, and he said they were using a commercially-bought network blocker, to stop punters live streaming the gig straight on to youtube etc.
As for taking photos with your phone, security won't really bother unless you're within arms reach of the pit, and the entry search is usually for 'pro' or interchangeable lenses.
The paps down the front would get upset if punters took better snaps than they do

wouldnt be hard to outdoo pap photographers tho would it

thanks for all the advice everyone, gonna take my chances n slip a dslr with a 300mm lens

"" Ooo er is that a lens in your pocket or are you pleased to see me "" raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral