Forums
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 1:45am
I know its a long shot but would there be any point in reporting some dangerous driving/possible drunk driving?

Last night while traveling on the A41 towards birkenhead just at the cut in from matalan a purple renault clio stopped at the junction i was doing around 40 at the time. She proceeded to pull out on me when i was right on the junction after waiting!!

I slammed on and managed to avoid hitting her by litrally CM's and i lost control of the car as it was very very wet and ended up sideways facing almost the wrong way very lucky nothing was behind me as it could of been a big accident. The purple clio just carried on driving as if nothing has happened not even a turn of the head or a wave to say sorry anyway i was behind this car from then up until rock lane west she was certainly not driving in a straight line but not all the place if you get me. As we came to the turn off at the roundabout that takes you into new ferry she went left into new ferry and i also was going that way as she turned (as you probably know this isnt really a turn) she slammed on again for no reason what so ever causing me to almost rear end her again as the previous incident i was already keeping well back so its not as if i was tailgaiting or anything. She almost caused another accident with another car when she has turned to sharply into rock lane west.

I know its a long shot but would it do any harm reporting her or will i be wasting both my own and the polices time.

I recorded the reg plate etc.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 2:01am
Probably none whatsoever now, even at the time would have been unlikely unless they could have actually stopped them or there was some sort of contact between the vehicles (in-car CCTV, can't recommend it enough).

The drivers reply to this would probably be that the road was clear when they pulled out but you were speeding, hence your gymnastics in the road, you then tailgated them all the way along the A41 and almost rear ended them when they had to brake for a stray dog. She was afraid for her safety and so turned sharply into Rock Lane West hoping that the other car would delay you.

Up to you, you've put it here, it's out there, unfortunately you don't know which direction either action will take you, you just have to make a choice and live with it.
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 2:06am
Ahh no i forgot to mention we do have some video evidence of the second near miss my girlfriend was videoing it incase we did decide to report her for the not very straight driving. so its clear i wasnt tailgaiting or speeding plus the fact there is a speed camera almost 50 yards away from the first one would mean it was unlikely i was speeding

I will speak to uncle who is a police officer see what he says. If he thinks nothing will happen then i wont bother.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 2:11am
Even if they just give the person an off the record warning - then that might be one fatal accident less in the future.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 7:53am
It is an idiot like that that's left my son with a metal plate in his collar bone should have reported it straight away ,they where probably drunk.
Posted By: reddragon Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 8:54am
its too late now but any incident like that I would have contacted police either whilst stopped to use phone or using hands free whilst following the driver in front who knows you might have been lucky and had a patrol nearby or they could have a patrol near the owners house. As long as you and girlfriend are both ok
Posted By: puntoar Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 10:42am
You can still report this mate, as long as you have the reg number and supporting evidence IE the mobile footage. Its only too late if you go beyond two weeks as the police have to send a Notice of Intended Prosecution within 14 days to the driver. Maybe she would get a well deserved telling off if nothing else
Posted By: norma Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 10:50am
yes report it i reported damage to my daughter car without much to go on and the police were very good the info you have will mean that they can trace the owner and look into the matter even if the cant prove anything it might make here thionkl twice in future well worth reporting
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 12:14pm
Well its been reported and they have taken a copy of the video footage. Also they suggested there is a good chance it will be on cctv for more evidence.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 2:00pm
If not, just post the reg and the Wiki Hood will pay a visit!
somad
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 2:05pm
whats made it worse is now my girlfriend has woken up and cant move her neck.

I wouldnt of minded if it was a clear accident but the fact she had stopped at the junction waited for a good few seconds until i was right on the junction to pull out!

Good job i got chris gilly to change me brake pads the other week or i would of been fooked!!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 2:40pm
the whore was proberly trying to get a little extra cash by way of claim after christmas, post her reg and report the little scuzz bucket
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 5:45pm
Do you mean by the Matalan in Birkenhead or in Bromborough? Both are on the A41.
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 5:53pm
It was bromborough. Just where the cut in to the main road is oppisite the bromborough pub
Posted By: dave_h Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 6:07pm
u complained to the coppers yet?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Reporting Dangerous Driving - 2nd Jan 2012 6:28pm
Originally Posted by dave_h
the whore was proberly trying to get a little extra cash by way of claim after christmas, post her reg and report the little scuzz bucket

raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral