Forums
Posted By: Nomad Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 7:38pm
About three weeks ago i owed ebay £10 but they had set the dogs on me - namely IQOR

Now I am not desputing this debt and until that date everything was ok

I paid the £10 into their account via their bank giro slip

Two weeks later they started harrassing me, I contacted them (you should never phone a debt recovery agent) and basically told that I had paid and had proof and pointed out what my next actions were to be

After they had made sixteen calls to me! it was sorted and they paid the £10 into my paypal account!!?? I queried this but was told in an email to pay the £10 ebay devt with it which i did

The following monday IQOR withdrew £10 from my paypal account.
I of course complained to IQOR and Paypal

IQor sent me a snotty email saying that they did not take the money as it is against the law for them to do so

Paypal sent me an email saying that they did. lol

So I complained to paypal and told them what my next actions would be, after two calls from paypal the have washed there hands of it. lol They have restored the balance of my account and given me another tenner as a good will gesture.

Iqor have said sorry and want to close the case but I am billing them for my phone calls plus I think they should offer some compo after all they did break the law

Anyway guys sorry for my long post / rant and a big thanks to Mark with his post about debt -

nomad
Posted By: Wench Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 7:41pm
Well done you wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 7:43pm
IQOR ??
Posted By: Nomad Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 7:43pm
lol just sent you a message
Posted By: Nomad Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 7:44pm
IQOR is the debt recovery agents that paypal and ebay use
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 7:56pm
Sorry, I was trying to find out what IQOR actually stands for. Googled it and by all accounts the firm's initials should stand for Intelligence Quotient Over Rated.

Other people seem to have suffered a bad experience from them too.
Posted By: Nomad Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 8:11pm
Mark has a thread about dealing with Debt recovery agents

You should never contact them on the phone

But if you are 100% in the right then its good entertainment

nomas
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 8:17pm
Many "debt recovery agents" are just parasites who purchase "debts" from a company or other such complainant and try to harrass them into paying. They pay a nominal sum to "take over the debt" and have a system of electronic letters. Many people have been driven to suicide by their hard-handed tactics. I recently had a run-in with virginmedia who quoted me one price and charged me almost double!! I disconnected their hub and box and told them to come and pick it up in a fortnight or I would chuck it in the bin. It's now in the bin!! They referred me to a "debt collection agency" I told the debt collection agency to eff off. Haven't heard a thing since. Fight fire with fire!! These people are parasitic scumbags!!
Posted By: Nomad Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 8:29pm
Totally agree , the thing I find funny is that they sent me a snotty email saying that they did not take the money because its against the law. Then when I sent them a copy of paypals email the "hsit" hit the fan. very entertaining

Nomad
Posted By: Clive Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 8:35pm
ebay say i owe them £250, that was 4 months ago, i have no intention of paying it, i now direct all there emails to spam.
Posted By: keving Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 8:42pm
Anyone got a link to the thread about debt recovery agents that mark has posted ?

Thanks
Posted By: Nomad Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 8:45pm
Hi,

Mark refers to this site

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758

will look for marks post

Nomad
Posted By: keving Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 8:48pm
Just want to see why you cant call them by phone !!
Posted By: Nomad Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 8:50pm
because its no binding by phone and they will threaten you and basically tell lies

Use search fuction - type in debts and you can see marks post towards the bottom
Posted By: Edz2011 Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 9:03pm
Well done... hope i get mine sorted in the end.
Posted By: Nomad Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 29th Nov 2011 9:10pm
The beauty of this site is that if you have a problem then just ask for help

And its a great feeling when you help someone with their query

Nomad
Posted By: Clive Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 30th Nov 2011 7:08am
Originally Posted by keving
Anyone got a link to the thread about debt recovery agents that mark has posted ?

Thanks
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...4/Re_Help_with_Debt_Problems.html#213589
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Ebay/Paypal/ Debt - Victory - 30th Nov 2011 1:51pm
I have had problems with the same company, I bought a printer through ebay and paid with paypal, was meant to be all covered, printer arrived broken, out of 650 pound i got an email to say i had been given a partial refund so i was happy thinking ok problem solved, when i actually checked i had been given a 10p refund an the case closed lol so i contacted my credit card company who pulled the money back from paypal, sent the printer back but the guy never collected it and paypal made my account over drawn for 650 pound. Needless to say i never and will never pay it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral