Forums
Posted By: jen8505 advice needed on noisy scooter/motorbike riders - 31st Oct 2011 12:54am
Hi all,
I dont know if anyone will know if there's anything I can do about this but I thought I'd give it a go as I'm getting sick of it now.

Nearly every night there's motorbikes/scooters riding up and down the road I live on and revving their bikes it seems right outside mine. I know 9:20pm is not late but I have a 6 month old baby and without fail they wake her up screaming every time and it's not fair to her to be woken up like this.

Also on a number of occasions I have seen lads on scooters with 'L' plates on with passengers on the back without helmets on and on one occasion one of the passengers was drinking from a can on the back. There is one in particular who rides a 61 plate scooter who I have seen at least 3 times with a passenger minus helmet.

Any advice at all would be gladly received as I am getting sick of having to calm my baby down after these idiots ride past.
Hi Jen,

Sorry to hear about your problem. All I can suggest is that you send a letter to the police complaining. But on the letter pp/or indicate that you are sending copies to your MP and councillor as well. And do send them copies. That way no one wants to be seen by the others of doing nothing in case there is a blame game.

Nomad
thanks nomad. i'm in eastham too smile
Sounds like its the type of issue the Wirral ASBO team could get involved with - they include a youth outreach team.

CLICKY
Originally Posted by jen8505
thanks nomad. i'm in eastham too smile

Bike is in shed now.
only kidding

Think I have seen that scooter

Nomad
thank you.

Yeah Nomad, I have the reg plate of the new scooter. I cant remember if the last letter is a K or an F though
Ther will be lots more advice tomorrow, hopefully

Your loc Meols?

Nomad
I have not updated it from when I moved smile
I hope there will be lots of advice. I have emailed the asbo team too and asked their advice on the matter
Good luck, keep us informed

Nomad

will do. thank you smile
Originally Posted by Nomad
All I can suggest is that you send a letter to the police complaining. But on the letter pp/or indicate that you are sending copies to your MP and councillor as well. And do send them copies. That way no one wants to be seen by the others of doing nothing in case there is a blame game.

+1. I can confirm this does work and Angela Eagle is very good at following up and writing back.

The scooter and bike riders have taken to tearing up and down the (pedestrian) prom at night sans lights and helmets. The police patrols are never about when they're doing this.
Collect evidence of there actions on video then pass it to the police/mp/asbo team etc with the letters
we have the same problem in moreton i found the best way was to go and tell them they go anywhere near my kids andthey will regret it that seems to off worked
If there is a crime in progress, phone 999.

Otherwise the non-emergency phone number for Merseyside Police is 0151 709 6010. They'll flag it for increased area car presence in the area for a few days/weeks.
Am having the same problems here in Warrington.The police do not want to know till someone get hurt.
hi all, just a quick update. had the police out tonight over eggs being thrown at windows and gangs of kids hanging around outside and they took the reg of the scooter i've seen carrying passengers and said he'd be very upset to lose his brand new scooter. they're going to pay him a visit!
Well I'm so effing angry tonight about chavs that to be honest I'd throw rocks at them or put rusty nails on the road so they puncture their tyres, I'm tired of being told "ooooh you can't attack them, you're as bad as they are then" well I don't care if that's how it seems. Pelt them with stones and then call the police saying it's them throwing rocks at you, the police will believe you over them any day. It's time to fight back, no-one in authority gives a rats arse these days, as long as it's "not in their back yard"
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
Well to be honest I'd throw rocks at them or put rusty nails on the road so they puncture their tyres, Pelt them with stones and then call the police saying it's them throwing rocks at you, the police will believe you over them any day.

raftl
haha elizabeth, i like your style! i havent seen them since i started this thread!! mad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral