Forums
Posted By: yewgarth Scratch on car - 28th Jul 2011 6:17pm
On tuesday afternoon some little angel was riding his bike past our car single handed drinking a can of coke. He lost control and gauged the scratch in the door and quarter. Any way his dad arrived and said he would pay for the damage and to get estimates. We got two, One for £160 and one for £200 and i took them round to his house. His wife answered the door, i showed her the estimates and more or less said she wasn't going to pay that amount the damage was only small and her couldn't have done that with his handlebars. It doesn't look good, what's the next step?

Posted By: bert1 Re: Scratch on car - 28th Jul 2011 6:49pm
Perhaps you should remind them that should you go through the small claims court and hire a solicitor to act on your behalf, it will cost them treble if not more the amount on the estimate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scratch on car - 28th Jul 2011 7:04pm
"... what's the next step ?". Obvious.... a large dog turd wrapped in newspaper, leave it on doorstep, set it on fire, ring bell, leg it !!!

Sorry, not much of a help really, but you'll feel better !! ha.ha.

Posted By: reddragon Re: Scratch on car - 28th Jul 2011 7:53pm
go round to the resource centre they'll help you
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Scratch on car - 28th Jul 2011 8:25pm
Sell his bike
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Scratch on car - 29th Jul 2011 2:27pm
"... what's the next step ?". Obvious.... a large dog turd wrapped in newspaper, leave it on doorstep, set it on fire, ring bell, leg it !!! hi pinz is this what you got up to when you were a kid then??, raftl i remember my nan saying years ago some think smelly was left on the doorstep once was it you??. take care mike/ann.. oldman
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scratch on car - 29th Jul 2011 2:57pm
No. It wasn't me Mike. I was brung up proper.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Scratch on car - 29th Jul 2011 3:02pm
I don't know whether there is much you CAN do?

If they take a deny everything approach then you're stuffed.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral