Forums
Posted By: moonpig RCVS / LEGAL AID - 25th May 2011 9:54pm
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any dealings with the RCVS (ROYAL COLLEGE OF VETERINARY SURGEONS) reguarding the complaints department? Im currently in the middle of a complaint about a veterinary surgery. I worried that i may not get anywhere with it as ive heard that they tend to stick up for there own? Would love to hear any experiences.

Also, is Legal Aid still in practise at all?

Thankyou all!......Im new here by the way, so big HELLO to you all.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: RCVS / LEGAL AID - 25th May 2011 10:19pm
Trading standards would be a better call or consumer direct.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: RCVS / LEGAL AID - 25th May 2011 10:39pm
Originally Posted by moonpig
Also, is Legal Aid still in practise at all?

Yes, office in Liverpool. Could try phoning around the solicitors in Hamilton Square in Birkenhead (Most of the ones in Wallasey don't deal with this kind of law since it involves court work and afaik only Haworth & Gallagher have an office both in Wallasey and Birkenhead.) and see if any of them can offer advice, most places will give you half an hour free if you ask nicely.
Posted By: lollypop82 Re: RCVS / LEGAL AID - 26th May 2011 8:01am
there was a vet on poulton rd prossecuted and struck off in 2008 if you google les higgott vets, you may be able to find out how to get help.
Posted By: PinkyJolley Re: RCVS / LEGAL AID - 26th May 2011 11:06am
Have your tried the CAB ? x
Posted By: PinkyJolley Re: RCVS / LEGAL AID - 26th May 2011 11:08am
http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...t-les-higgott-struck-off-80491-21471964/
Posted By: moonpig Re: RCVS / LEGAL AID - 26th May 2011 8:29pm
Thankyou for your comments and help guys, much appreciated. I will definitely call around the solicitors. & CAB is a good idea. Going to see the out come i get from the rcvs first and take it from there.

Im so glad that vet was struck off. After tail docking became ilegal, he carried on. My late dog, Alfy was one of the ones he did. The breeders who come from Liverpool could only find one vet willing to do it and that was him. At just 3 days old he had is tail cut off and is dew claws pulled out!! Digusting. My poor little lad.
The puppy i have now,same breed (rotty) has his tail and im really happy he has. I just wish Alfy had never gone through that.....idiot vets & idiot breeders!! Thanks agin! x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral