Forums
Posted By: dizdazdoz Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 23rd Jan 2010 2:10pm
Just had a phone call that went "You have won a caribbean cruise press 9 to collect your prize". I recall all these scame a few years back but not had any for ages. Is anyone else noticing them coming back or have I just been lucky lately.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 23rd Jan 2010 3:05pm
Once you've answered one then you get bombarded.
I rarely answer my house phone unless I know who is calling because of these calls
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 23rd Jan 2010 4:07pm
Make sure you are on the TPS.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 23rd Jan 2010 4:29pm
TPS ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 23rd Jan 2010 4:33pm
BING
Posted By: Nigel Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 12:32pm
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
TPS ?

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

"Telephone preference service" - Excellent service and free also , everyone should be registered. And look at getting Anonymous caller rejection and Caller display on your home telephone.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 12:44pm
had a call yesterday on house phone saying "there is a message for you press 3 to hear or press 9 to delete"
Don't know if this was a scam or not I just replaced the receiver
Posted By: Nigel Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 5:25pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc
had a call yesterday on house phone saying "there is a message for you press 3 to hear or press 9 to delete"

Did you have a broken dial tone? Or do you have an answer service on your line? Try dialing 1571 from your landline, this is the standard answer service access number.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 7:26pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc
good call, degsy lad. Did you do 1471 afterwards?
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 7:37pm
no but I don't like pressing buttons when asked by someone anonymous on the other end of the line
Have heard it gives them permission to use you number for making calls or something like that maybe a £1-50 a minute call
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 7:45pm
I think ya right there derek! Deffo sounds like a scam to me!? Id have 1471d though-coz it wud peeme off
not knowing....
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 8:30pm
I never answer my house phone unless I know who it is on caller display. Once you've had one of those calls and answered then they know the number is live and bombard you with stuff. Now I don't answer unidentified calls i've dropped off their radar.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 9:21pm
i'm always answering the phone but if its someone i dont know they get either the following: A:Nope no ones here B: Fook Off and C: Stay Silent for 30 seconds and if theres no response then its hang up
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 9:25pm
Trouble is that doesn't bother a computer ;-)
I'd sooner not answer then the computer leaves me alone
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 11:00pm
Some idiot keeps ringing me and singing Prince Charming and Stand and Deliver down the phone. I keep telling him to feck off...but he's adamant.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Annoying Computer Phone Calls - 9th Apr 2010 11:03pm
That is truly awful. raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral