Forums
I wish to know if you can offer any advice about the poor service i have recieved by my works trade union

I have resigned from my position at work due to months of bullying. My trade union has been of little help and throughout the time they failed to respond to any of my calls and have gone out of their way to discourage me when i looked to file constructive dismissal against the company.

I had emailed and made several calls to complaint and the staff and the head of the union have gone out of their way to avoid me . I had been promised call backs which never materialist

What union are you with??

I may be able to help smile
Amicus .. what difference will it make to know what union it is.. It seems their all operate the same way , nowadays?
I know of a few shop stewards, not sure of any within amicus though.

Will still try to help though

I will reply soon
one shop steward will not get involved with another stewards business. They make the freemasons look like an open to all club. The guy you need to nail down is the person who is living off your subs, the official. Go to C.A.B. you have your rights in law.Don"t give up and "Good Luck"!
Good luck. Hope it gets sorted.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Work trade union failed to live up my expection - 12th Sep 2009 10:15pm
Agree with that on unions. I don't really think I like them that much to be honest.
Sue your union - ACAS will be interested to hear your case and I would advise you to contact them. Contact the CAB for advice. Acas can talk through an Industrial Tribunal but, in the meantime, record as much information as possible regarding the incidents and present this to ACAS. Consider the small claims court for your union failing to fulfil their contract of protecting your rights at work, compenstion for taking your subs and ignoring your pleas. Also approach a solicitor for overall advice on where you stand as you sound like you have given up work, under pressure, but in the eyes of the dole - unfortunately, voluntarily. Hope this helps. x
i had the same thing with unison last year they just wernt intrested in my case i got intouch with merseyside employment law http://www.merseysideemploymentlaw.co.uk/ they took my case on and won there no win no fee.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral