Forums
Posted By: ponytail School Uniform changes - 15th Aug 2009 8:38am
Oldershaw decided to change thier school uniform and informed us AFTER we bought one for the coming year. As the shop did not know about these changes, they have refused to take the uniform back - its only the blazer. Although they did sell 'in good faith', they won't budge on replacement/refund. The school are to blame though. Anyone know any rights I have?The shop in Birkenhead market gladly gave a refund for the tie and badge.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: School Uniform changes - 15th Aug 2009 9:38am
you could quote the trading standards law, "not designed for the purposes in which it was intended" or unpic the lining and take it back asking for an exchange, alternately say you will squeel to the local paper as a last resort.

However it does sound like a cock up from the school.

cab is your best bet
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: School Uniform changes - 15th Aug 2009 12:25pm
Write to the Chairman of the School Governers ask him if they are willing to take on financial resposibility for their irresponsible decision.

On top of that, isn't the Wallasey Schools review going ahead this year, which may mean closure of some of the schools in the near future, similar to the Birkenhead review last year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: School Uniform changes - 15th Aug 2009 12:57pm
See what our local rag has to say. I've just informed them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: School Uniform changes - 15th Aug 2009 1:00pm
...and if anyone else is having issues with the school uniform fiasco then please e-mail

[email protected]

Posted By: MattLFC Re: School Uniform changes - 16th Aug 2009 1:25am
Fook me, people bother to wear blazers haha! When I was a nipper in both Birkenhead School and Wallasey School, we all just wore them when we felt like it loooooooooool!!

Blazers don't teach kids respect, changing the uniform does not make for a better school, these moron's who are getting paid gross amounts of money for making these pathetic decisions, and in the process, arsing people about and causing no end of trouble, quite frankly, need to be shot.
Posted By: bert1 Re: School Uniform changes - 16th Aug 2009 7:18am
Wearing school uniforms at least puts all the pupils on a equal footing while in school, Imagine what it would be like without the school uniform, pupils from wealthy families in top designer label clothes and children from a poorer background in their shell suits from the market, this would in its self would bring an inequality to the school. There's enough snobbery and one upmanship in the outside world without it going into our schools.
I know its a different subject but i can remember the embarrassment when i was at school that was caused to pupils who were made to stand up at the beginning of the week to say they were on free school meals, I hope that is no longer the case.
Posted By: ponytail Re: School Uniform changes - 18th Aug 2009 10:01am
Thanks for all the replies. It is awful when a school uniform changes and they do not inform the children - they at least should have informed primary schools who filter the pupils into Oldershaw so they could inform others of a definite change in school uniform. I do understand that until the child has an offer then they will know which school and uniform to wear. The Oldershaw school did have open evenings/days and they could have mentioned changes that were to happen to those attending. I would have known then about the situation. I will approach the CAB and also go into Oldershaw. Oldershaw take ages to answer their emails so this is an unlikely way to communicate. Thank you everyone for the advice.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: School Uniform changes - 18th Aug 2009 2:10pm
I'd like to hear the outcome of this.
Posted By: ponytail Re: School Uniform changes - 19th Aug 2009 12:56pm
Rudebox, I will let you know of the outcome - but it said

RUDEBOX is over their Private Topic limit. when I tried to send you a message.
Posted By: ponytail Re: School Uniform changes - 19th Aug 2009 12:59pm
Today at Wallasey Town Hall I was told that I could go to Oldershaw tomorrow and ask to swap what I had bought for their new uniform. Also to mention that I spoke to someone from Pupil Referral. I will update you tomorrow.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: School Uniform changes - 19th Aug 2009 1:36pm
Hey thats great news!
Pm box cleared.
Posted By: ponytail Re: School Uniform changes - 6th Sep 2009 9:45am
Unfortunately, the information I had was wrong - the school only refunded the cost of the jacket. The new jacket cost double this amount. I will be more aware next time.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: School Uniform changes - 7th Sep 2009 3:52pm
Government screwing you out of money again. How wonderful is it to have a Labour government!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: School Uniform changes - 7th Sep 2009 4:26pm
It doesn't have to be expensive - all the supermarkets do most uniform basics quite cheap. At the rate which my lad loses or wrecks a sweatshirt with dry-wipe marker, I'm glad I only have to pay £2 for a new one at Sainsbury's. I guess its the blazers that eat the money - so I won't start moaning for another 4 years raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: School Uniform changes - 7th Sep 2009 5:55pm
Originally Posted by gloria
Unfortunately, the information I had was wrong - the school only refunded the cost of the jacket. The new jacket cost double this amount. I will be more aware next time.
disgusting.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral