Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 14th Jan 2009 10:39am
Read the following on another forum - anyone add anymore to it?

I understand there is no way round the VAT / DUTY (But hasnt this now been scrapped on parcels >£100 in value???), but the handling fees... think

I found this and found it quite interesting indeed, as we know, large purchases from Rexspeed incur a charge by Pacelforce....well....I may have found a way around it....read on...

Firstly the package was labeled correctly as its legal to import for person use and customs didnt put up an arguement they simply held the package for a couple of days and then slapped the duty and VAT charges £23 something.

As the package was imported using the thai national postal service it gets handed over the Parcel force which is now a privatly owned devision of the royal mail.

Parcle force pay the customs charge on your behalf then slap £13.50 on for the privlige of doing so.

When my mate went to collect his pack from the depo they refused to hand it over unless he paied the charge includig £13.5. and storage on top of that.

My mate then quoted that it was illegal to complete a service (paying customs) and charge the customer wthout offering them the chance to pay it themself or having a proir agrement on the price.
Then he demanded that they hand the package over with an invoice as it was a criminal offence under the (criminal law act section 104 sub section 2d) to hold a postal package in "virtue of lien". This means holding a package for ransom of payment... This is just like saying....

"you cant have your package unless you pay us £13.50 cause we paid your customs bill,,,,, when you didnt even ask us to."

Also holding a package illegaly as a non government owned postal service (Royal mail and Parcel force are privatly owned now) is against the postal service act 83,84 and carries a sentense of up to 6 months.

He spoke to the manager who didnt give him the package and my mate then rang the police who after an hour or so of argueing with him told the boss he either released the package or they would arrest him.

He got the package. Parcel force paid the bill and as they didnt inform my mate they were going to pay the customs charge on his behalf they didnt have a leg to stand on so in the end he paid nothing.

Royal mail and Parcel force make millions every year doing this and its against the law so f**k them and next time you get a bill check to see if you legaly have to pay it.

Im telling you this now cause I just went to pick up my new set of golf clubs and they slapped a bill on for over £90. I walked in and stated the criminal law act 104 subsection 2d and the postal act 2000, 83,84 and they just gave me my clubs.

Sounds like they shouldn't be doing what there doing...

From this thread on the MLR
Posted By: alfietuppa Re: Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 2nd May 2009 1:06pm
this post is to any one who is thinking of flying with ryian air DONT as they rip you off you have to pay an extra 20 pounds at check in a group of us was 5 minites late and they would not let us board we were late because of the checks at airport not are fault plus plain was still there and we had to wait for our bags to come off which took a hour and a half which was a joke plus folks they are starting to charge £1 to use toilet on plain pass this on
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 2nd May 2009 2:10pm
£1 for a piss?!?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 2nd May 2009 2:13pm
£1 for a piss?!?
Posted By: Wench Re: Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 2nd May 2009 7:27pm
If they are going to quote the Law, then they should at least do it correctly snob This "post" has been on virtually every forum going from bodybuilder forums to pregnancy ones! There is an element of truth in it though.

Posted By: alfietuppa Re: Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 2nd May 2009 7:50pm
i would like to say ryanair is the worst flight i have ever been on staff very rude bab manners and not even helpful and rip you off bad style its the truth never book with rynanair
Posted By: Wench Re: Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 2nd May 2009 7:57pm
Write to Head Office if you are not satisfied smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 2nd May 2009 10:03pm
Originally Posted by alfietuppa
i would like to say ryanair is the worst flight i have ever been on staff very rude bab manners and not even helpful and rip you off bad style its the truth never book with rynanair
for how long did you have to endure this torture?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 3rd May 2009 10:46pm
WTF has all this got to do with handling fees think

offtopic
Posted By: Wench Re: Imported parcel "Handling" Fees... - 3rd May 2009 11:10pm
I have no idea think I replied to your post Stu if that helps raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral