Forums
Posted By: ponytail Readers Digest scam or negligence? - 1st Jan 2009 10:59am
They have not replied twice now when I queried the prize of the MP3 won. It was their address and a PO box number. They even were not interested when I emailed to say that this company may be committing fraud and would they investigate this - their reputation was at stake. £10 delivery and insurance charge on an MP3! They must be involved in this scam or they would be investigating it.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Readers Digest scam or negligence? - 1st Jan 2009 11:04am
eh?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Readers Digest scam or negligence? - 1st Jan 2009 2:05pm
tell em you want a refund dude!
Posted By: ponytail Re: Readers Digest scam or negligence? - 2nd Jan 2009 8:56am
We further have been told we won another prize and need to claim it and pay delivery and insurance to a Readers Digest and PO box number. We have not paid any money. Readers Digest won't investigate all these prizes we have 'won' and why their name is associated with it. They said they do not ask for money, even for postage of the prize. This is a big, big scam and happening around the UK. It seems to come from an annual subscription to Readers Digest as they have personal details.
Posted By: moley001 Re: Readers Digest scam or negligence? - 29th May 2009 7:46pm
does anyone have info on another possible scam, saying you have won money, then saying you owe £15 for the readers digest mags, and you here nothing about the prizes you have so called won?

they have sent a number of letters saying i owe them money, should i pay this or is it a scam, unlike before there is no PO box number,
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Readers Digest scam or negligence? - 29th May 2009 8:08pm
Try google mate, to be honest tho if you haven't registered with Readers Digest i'd steer clear OR ring a customer helpline. Speak to a person and get *some* sense as to if it is a scam.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Readers Digest scam or negligence? - 30th May 2009 1:48pm
Scam. A genuine prize should cost you NOTHING!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral