Forums
Posted By: Morseman Despicable scam - 20th Nov 2008 9:45am
We have all had the leaflets asking us to leave a bag of clothes out for selling cheap in the third world.

I have received the latest one which allegedly is from "The Childrens Welfare Foundation". This is supposed to help terminally ill babies which must be one of the most evil things I have heard of.

I googled this to check and of course it is known about yet still they are allowed to get away with it. Why are they not being put on trial for fraud and jailed?

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/01/dodgy-good-cause-childrens-wel.html
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Despicable scam - 20th Nov 2008 10:45am
I don't give anything to any of these 'bag at the door' collections. I would rather give money at the end of the day (and don't forget gift aid)
I also can't stand being accosted in Liverpool by 'chuggers' (charity muggers).
Posted By: DavidB Re: Despicable scam - 20th Nov 2008 5:41pm
I give money monthly to one 'third world' charity and you get updated with how your money is going and the person you are helping, who is getting put through school with it. smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Despicable scam - 20th Nov 2008 6:15pm
as working for a charity some of us need bags of donations to raise funds to help. the rag merchents what some of the leaflets are for give so much cash to charitys per year thay get a reg charity number!
Posted By: Rhobit Re: Despicable scam - 20th Nov 2008 7:26pm
But most of those requests are for deposits outside shops right?

I thought that was usually the way it went?
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Despicable scam - 20th Nov 2008 7:43pm
a small number! but there is good charitys out there that do collections when around check drivers id!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral