Forums
Posted By: UrbanEx2U It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 8:22pm
raftl Robbo and Ste just got a big warning by the police on docks taking pic of the docks lol no WAY no hahahahhahahahahahahah raftl raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 8:23pm
If it's a public place, you are allowed to take pictures. wink
What law are you breaking exactly?
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 8:26pm
lol since 18 sumthing its been alegal to take pics of port building wiv out permission shocked
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 8:32pm
This is the only good pic i got before the port of liverpool police turned up pc lamethrower pc

Attached picture docks 011_600x450.jpg
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 8:39pm
The form lol raftl noonoo pc

Attached picture docks 021_600x450.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 8:50pm
Tell them to pick on google earth google google google
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 8:52pm
lol
Posted By: Wheels Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 8:56pm
maybe trespass?
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 8:58pm
Mad ini pcPLOD

Description: mad
Attached picture docks 016_600x450.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 9:00pm
lol did ye trespass think
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 9:02pm
well yer could of been

But just up a ladder trying to take pics of the docks but my camera,s not to good at night in open spaces thinklol

Description: big mound of fertilizer
Attached picture docks 004_600x450.jpg
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 9:03pm
Hey STE LOL
Posted By: Angel_x Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 9:32pm
They where probably pee'd off coz you interupted their dash for the fresh doughnuts!!! lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 9:49pm
haha, they did rush off for sumink to eat after they left laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 15th Oct 2008 9:59pm
pics...

Attached picture DSCF2620_650x487.jpg
Attached picture DSCF2619_650x487.jpg
Attached picture DSCF2618_650x487.jpg
Attached picture DSCF2615_650x487.jpg
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 11:56am
Bylaw of the Mersey Docks and Harbour Company?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: It is Illegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 12:01pm
Probably tightened security to prevent the Taliban selecting Liverpool Docks as the next target to blow up...
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is Illegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 1:51pm
lol thats what they said ah Illegal 2 ll ,s
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: It is Illegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 2:00pm
and an I not an A lol
Posted By: Ducko Re: It is Illegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 2:04pm
by the looks of that mound of white stuff i think you mite have found there stash lol
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is Illegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 2:22pm
lol were big pile of white stuff
Posted By: Wheels Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 3:14pm
ive already been in that place on a UE mission, was fun, i can understand why police may have took an interest tho
Posted By: MissGuided Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 3:30pm
are there signs which tell you you cannot take photos? if so you should have asked them where they are situated so you could actually read them.
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 4:09pm
i took these without a problem

Attached picture goldrover.jpg
Attached picture plymouth.jpg
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 4:51pm
looky lol that was in the day tho ini
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 4:58pm
a couple of the lads boarded plymouth and got told off by port security. not like it has sensitive stuff anymore
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 4:59pm
wow what for pics
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Oct 2008 5:09pm
they were just looking around, they are not taliban.
Posted By: Morseman Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 17th Oct 2008 6:45pm
Originally Posted by Station
If it's a public place, you are allowed to take pictures. wink
What law are you breaking exactly?

It's not public though. I think it is all owned by Peel Holdings now. I am not sure whether or not it is still done but MDHB used to close the four bridges one day every year. This was something to do with ancient law regarding rights of way and by closing they showed that it was private and the public were only using it by privelage.

Probably someone out there who can explain that better than me?

They have gone really daft about it all though since the twin towers. It really is supposed to be anti terrorist measures but why anyone who want to blow up a decrepit dock is anyone's guess? They stopped people fishing over the other side of the water under the same pretext.

On the other hand if that white mound of stuff is fertiliser then potentially you have a dirty great bomb if mixed with the right stuff. think
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 17th Oct 2008 7:38pm
mad 1 this world is crazy but its true

Attached picture Docks 041_600x450.jpg
Posted By: DavidB Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 17th Oct 2008 7:56pm
Originally Posted by robbo_theman
lol since 18 sumthing its been alegal to take pics of port building wiv out permission shocked

I've researched this, he didn't know what he was talking about. You can take photos where you want, with a few exceptions.
Posted By: Waddi Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 17th Oct 2008 9:38pm
Click here for Photographers Rights And The Law In The UK

What was their reason for stopping you?

Tresspass
Tresspass can only be claimed by the owner of the land that you are on.
Anti-terrorism
This is the current "Trump Card". the police can use this act to question you about anything that they can portrait as a terror threat.
interference
The interference law is a bit of a daft one and can be used for something as trivial as scrambling up a bit of wall to take a photo over the top or even resting your camera on a fence.

Deleting images
Security guards do not have stop and search powers or the right to seize your equipment or delete images or confiscate film under any circumstances. In some circumstances, the police may grab your film or memory cards but they are still not authorised to delete any images. After all, if you've committed an offence the images would act as evidence, and if you haven't broken the law, the images are innocent.
The guidelines also warn that any police officer who deletes a photographer's images could face criminal, civil or disciplinary action.

This is also said in that article that could be of reference to Robbo and Ste's incident;
"However, if you're snapping in an area that could be deemed sensitive, it's generally wisest to calmly answer their questions and put up with them rummaging through your camera bag - but remember they have no right to seize your equipment or demand that memory cards are deleted/confiscated."
Posted By: DavidB Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 18th Oct 2008 12:09pm
Get back down there and continue. Show hi the pictures you are taking and say they are for Wikiwirral. I got asked to stop in London, but there is no law broken.
Posted By: Mark Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 22nd Oct 2008 7:20am
That's interesting ?

When i got my new fuji i went down to the wallasey toll booths
and took pictures. Any way because i was 3 foot on the On Ramp
batman and his chums appeard out of no where.

They asked 3oo questions and then told me under the terrorisms
laws or something along them lines i wasn't allowed to take pictures.

So they checked over my camera and there was nothing to see
as in just crap pictures as i was learning the settings.

But if i had been on the Bridge they say they would have had
no powers to approach me.

But i do like your snipits Waddi.

And if i get caught by the Mersey Tunnel Police again i would
like to direct them to the Tunnel Walk Thread where i must have
taken 100 pics and so did half of liverpool lol

[Linked Image]

You can see the Tunnel Topic here Click me
Posted By: Mark Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 22nd Oct 2008 7:23am
Or the demolishion of the cranes.
I guess there were a few camera's looking on that day ??

[Linked Image]

See More pictures of the cranes Click Me

So i guess the moral of the story is unless is a HUGE Public event they can enforce the laws if they wish ??
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 22nd Oct 2008 12:33pm
Originally Posted by WADDI
Click here for Photographers Rights And The Law In The UK

What was their reason for stopping you?

Tresspass
Tresspass can only be claimed by the owner of the land that you are on.
Anti-terrorism
This is the current "Trump Card". the police can use this act to question you about anything that they can portrait as a terror threat.
interference
The interference law is a bit of a daft one and can be used for something as trivial as scrambling up a bit of wall to take a photo over the top or even resting your camera on a fence.

Deleting images
Security guards do not have stop and search powers or the right to seize your equipment or delete images or confiscate film under any circumstances. In some circumstances, the police may grab your film or memory cards but they are still not authorised to delete any images. After all, if you've committed an offence the images would act as evidence, and if you haven't broken the law, the images are innocent.
The guidelines also warn that any police officer who deletes a photographer's images could face criminal, civil or disciplinary action.

This is also said in that article that could be of reference to Robbo and Ste's incident;
"However, if you're snapping in an area that could be deemed sensitive, it's generally wisest to calmly answer their questions and put up with them rummaging through your camera bag - but remember they have no right to seize your equipment or demand that memory cards are deleted/confiscated."

Thanks Lee, you`ve been a great help there, lots i never knew thumbsup
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 22nd Oct 2008 7:47pm
[Linked Image]
took this a few years ago.
Posted By: Wench Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 22nd Oct 2008 10:01pm
Lovely shot Riki thumbsup Considering what they are, they're still rather elegant, almost beautiful.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 22nd Oct 2008 10:03pm
wow interesting nice shoot
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 25th Oct 2008 11:22pm
sod em all. if i want to take a pic wiv my phone then that is my right. if i can see it with my eyes then it is my image to record by memory or digitally. lets see if a big horses bum wannabe in the forces but cant spell can stop me
Posted By: hoseman Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 9th Nov 2008 5:18pm
The dock ARE NOT a sensitive area, i do work in there all the time, they are only realy interested on thieves (steel etc).
The powder IS fertilizer (ammonia nitrate), makes good background for winter pics of my van working!!! Problem is that it rots everything, tools, clothing, boot laces etc!!!
Robbo, you want a guided tour around mate, give me a shout, was in there today on a breakdown!
Posted By: Wench Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 9th Nov 2008 7:23pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
The dock ARE NOT a sensitive area, i do work in there all the time, they are only realy interested on thieves (steel etc).
The powder IS fertilizer (ammonia nitrate), makes good background for winter pics of my van working!!! Problem is that it rots everything, tools, clothing, boot laces etc!!!
Robbo, you want a guided tour around mate, give me a shout, was in there today on a breakdown!

Is that offer open to anyone?? They have ships and cranes in there *gets excited* bananadance
Posted By: Brocks Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 14th Nov 2008 10:30pm
Photographer's rights have taken a pounding this year. I read tog forums and its full of jobsworths trying to stop people snappng away. Theres some well know videos on u-tube...Heres some of my favourates.

[youtube]P-jG68ttwGU[/youtube]

[youtube]H36MnlIKNTI[/youtube]

[youtube]ImC2orpcA4I[/youtube]

I read about one guy doing a landscape near liverpool airport who was chased off by the locals calling him a child molester. There wasn't a kid for miles! I started carrying a pocket guide to UK and US law but as yet I haven't needed it.

In Short if you are on public property (i.e. the street) you can do what you like except for shooting sensitive areas, (Military,Nuclear, MI5 etc) If you go onto private land i.e. the docks you need permission as I did last week in Rosyth Royal Dockyard. You can photograph people in the street but you must stop if they ask you not to, (That's harassment)

Incidently, A mate had his car used in a photoshoot for Total Vauxhall in the summer. I went along to watch and learn. The photographer took a liking to the docks and they set up inside the fence near Direct Tyres(?). The plod came along and asked a few questions, they were more concerned about insurance than sensitivity. In the end they said if you are quick carry on...They came back three hours later.:lol:
Posted By: hoseman Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 16th Nov 2008 4:48pm
Pagan, you have a mind like a Welsh Railway...One tracked and filthy!!! raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 17th Nov 2008 3:26am
I do indeed, but I can't help but get excited about big ships, cranes, wind turbines and all things mechanical. I'm a geek and proud raftl

Is that a yes then???
Posted By: oxtontranmere Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 28th Nov 2008 12:20am
its a bit unlucky but they prob thought you were casing the place, or maybe they hada kip there. With all the M.O.D. work going on and the sensitivity of the present climate, well as long as they dont get silly they should be checking peeps out. I was dubious takin pix of the mod stuff and i worked there for a year.anyway if theyr hassling you theyr leavin me alone....lol
Posted By: Brocks Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 10th Dec 2008 9:16am
This is link to a photography forum I use, it links to some articles recently posted on the Manchester Evening News Website about the law.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1102918#post1102918
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: It is alegal to take pics on Docks - 25th Dec 2008 3:11pm
Originally Posted by Brocks
This is link to a photography forum I use, it links to some articles recently posted on the Manchester Evening News Website about the law.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1102918#post1102918

So what if you are doing a street scene and a BMW passes through? Do you have to give way and let it pass?

If it was here in Birkenhead youd stop it and buy half an eigth.

raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral