Forums
Posted By: StuyMac 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 2nd Oct 2008 12:48pm
Surely there is no need for the police biker to follow him for so long at such high speeds. Does he not have enough evidence after the first few mins... think

Also, some of the Police bikers overtakes are a little risky... think

Police on board video

Full Story
probly wanted to be the copper who catches some one doing the fast speed in the uk, i heard that traffic police use to play snooker, but with cars, .....pull a red one, then a green one, then a red one, then a brown one etc etc etc
Posted By: sonyj Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 2nd Oct 2008 1:09pm
the thing is the police bike wos doin exactly the same thing if not worse with no blues and two and i suppose it woz an unmarked bike as well.......you could say the biker woz pushed
Thank fook mine is white - you never wanna pot that in a game of snooker raftl

...Sony, your a prime 7 pointer in a black car grin
Posted By: sonyj Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 2nd Oct 2008 1:20pm
theyll have to be quick
C'mon Sony - you went to the event... wink

[youtube]uv3cUKXbzXA[/youtube]

It was also on C5 last night - Police Interceptors wink
yer i watched that last night, twas really good
Posted By: Wench Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 2nd Oct 2008 3:17pm
The best thing is, apart from listening to the engine, the bike cop says that the guy's not a very competent rider, yet he (the copper) is pulling wheelies as he opens her up at points in the video which says to me that he can't handle the power of his own bike!! Some of the overtaking manoevers by the copper are absolutely criminal (pardon the pun)! Even an insane biker like me would not attempt them raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 2nd Oct 2008 6:07pm
He was actualy followed for about 33 mins.

What a rush that must of been laugh
I thought the rider was doing quite well, nearly losing the police rider a couple of times. But they both certainly had luck on their side by not meeting anyone doing something un-expected or stupid.

I like watching the Police Camera Action type of program on TV. But a few times I have thought the Police were just as stupid as the idiot they were chasing.

According to the North Wales Police Chief (from a couple of years ago) I am not an experienced motorist with about 750,000 miles under my belt (mostly in a company car, but also on a bike, in vans, etc) but a Complacent Middle Aged Driver.

Funny thing but my last accident (touch wood) was in 1991 when a Merseyside Police car hit me in Liverpool City centre.
I was turning right out of a T shaped give way junction with queing traffic across road ahead of me.
A bus driver had left a gap for traffic to get out, the car in front went forward, checked left and went OK, so I went forward, checked left around the traffic and was just about to go when a Police Car crashed into me from the right.
He had overtaken the other stationary traffic and bus, on the wrong side of the centre line in the road, no siren's or blue lights and tried to get into the gap I was in.
Despite the police at the scene (quite a few turned up to have a look) saying I was in for it, even dangerous driving was mentioned, I filed a full report to the Company Solictor and Insurance Company and never heard another thing.
Strange that.
Tony
Posted By: dave_g Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 3rd Oct 2008 11:16pm
im sure writtenofftastic will have somethin to say bout this... raftl
Originally Posted by dave_g
im sure writtenofftastic will have somethin to say bout this... raftl

pmsl at the name raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 4th Oct 2008 4:13pm
lmao raftl
so that was what they were doing while someone broken into my garden 3 weeks ago and my car last night.
i got done for parking on the same yellow lines as 5 police cars outside birkenhead police station. it seems they are above the law, as for practicality on their part, it was also practical for me, to pick up a birth certificate
^ I used to work in that police building (on Mortimer Street?).
We had a tannoy everytime a traffic warden came, they used to ticket police cars or anything that was parked there, they honestly don't avoid ticketing them. wink
ok folks...heres the rant if the police bike in question wasnt marked but a unmarked bike...it may not have had blues n twos.
the ride..in my proffessional opinion of the police motorcyclist..(who would have had to have been advanced car AND bike...) wasnt at all iffy...he rode according to system of policve vehilce control..and i didnt see him pulling wheelies.
The front end of the bike lifts under hard acceleration..necesary to just stay even with this idiot.
I didnt see many safe places to pull the idiot over...and alot of the time the police bike wasnt near enough to do so.
The reason he didnt get stopped at the time may be many..esp if it was an undercover bike...the undercover bobby may not have wanted to reveal his identity for operational reasons...it may not have been fitted with blues n twos...
they would have locked him up afterwards at the dealership for dangerous driving.

Now...police cars DO get ticketed outside mortimer st...by supervision...can you believe.

Im sick to death of defending the job i do..to idiots that dont know better or just have some axe to grind.
Why the fook is it that no-one can say ANYTHING fkin positive about the job that we do as a police Force.
no-one says...i got stopped late last night and the bobby was alright...and infact quite sound.
And for the final fooking time...car snooker does not go on...I havent got time to wait for a fkin brown or red car..im too busy doing beauracratic crap paperwork...or dealing with idiots that can deal with their own problems they have caused expecting me to come sort them out.

Im tired, grumpy and fkin sore stil...and im rapidly getting to the point where im gonna quit giving out advice and helpful hints as no other fker seems to apprieciate it!...

Posted By: stumpy Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 16th Oct 2008 9:22am
people dont say 'i got stopped last night and the bobby was alright' cos it very rarely happens. From my personal experience police tend to look down there noses at us ordinary people like they think there better than us just cos they've got a badge and a stupid uniform. Am not sayin all coppers are nob heads but the ones i've met ARE! Maybe its your colleagues you need to speak to and get them to change there attitude and the way they speak to us normal folk.
Posted By: sonyj Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 16th Oct 2008 9:26am
I have the greatest respect for the Police they do fantastic job.. to deal with some of the muppets that are out there you deserve a medal..Merseyside and Cheshire Police diamond geezers... so i wont get my car sprayed white then ...At the end of the day if you poke the fire expect to get burnt
i used to ride a really sheddy bike and 2 busys always used to pull me over, more i think to see that i was doin it safe. i once pointed out how much my back wheel was falling off and they laughed their heads off. brilliant guys
Originally Posted by StuyMac

*You Tube Vid of Shiny Police Car*

Is that a joke? Because I'm not laughing.
Originally Posted by stumpy
people dont say 'i got stopped last night and the bobby was alright' cos it very rarely happens. From my personal experience police tend to look down there noses at us ordinary people like they think there better than us just cos they've got a badge and a stupid uniform. Am not sayin all coppers are nob heads but the ones i've met ARE! Maybe its your colleagues you need to speak to and get them to change there attitude and the way they speak to us normal folk.

so you calling me a nobeeeen then...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 16th Oct 2008 11:08am
IMHO 99% of the police officers do a great job under circumstances the average Joe Soap wouldn't dare venture into. In any undertaking, there's always going to be the bad apple. He/she taints the whole show. The police are no different.

When all is going well, things get taken for granted and little praise is handed out. On the odd times when it goes tits up, THAT'S when events get remembered!

Driving an oddball vehicle, I get pulled over now and again. I've never (yet) had any hassle from the boys in blue. I know that I just get pulled out of sheer curiosity. I can live with that.
Posted By: stumpy Re: 140 mph biker followed by police for 10 mins! - 16th Oct 2008 11:31am
Originally Posted by Auditastic
Originally Posted by stumpy

so you calling me a nobeeeen then...

If you read my post properly you will realise that i'm saying the police officers who have pulled me in the past are nob heads, have you ever pulled me and then spoke down to me? If you have, then yes i'm calling you a nob head. If not, then no i'm not callin you a nob head
Originally Posted by MissGuided
Originally Posted by StuyMac

*You Tube Vid of Shiny Police Car*

Is that a joke? Because I'm not laughing.

Eh?

Not a joke, and nothing to laugh about, thats a real Police car with real Police, and "Police Interceptors" is a Documentary on C5 that follows them....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral