Forums
Posted By: exploding_penguin offence code 1005? - 17th Apr 2008 10:47pm
just been ticked while parked on a street for offence code 1005
"reg plate not conform" (that was the english used!)

However the model of my car is wrong and no color is listed on the ticket?

i didnt think that a ticked for this offence could be issued with out a rectification notice aswell?
also can i contest as the model is wrong?
Posted By: Wheels Re: offence code 1005? - 17th Apr 2008 10:49pm
gutted, police trying to hit targets are they.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: offence code 1005? - 17th Apr 2008 10:49pm
contest it... but if they have the reg, im not sure how far it will get..

I suppose it depends on whether they took any sort of evidence when issuing the ticket (such as digital photograph).

frown
Posted By: Sanchez Re: offence code 1005? - 17th Apr 2008 10:50pm
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/193227/nt/3/fpart/2

read the bottom post bud
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: offence code 1005? - 17th Apr 2008 10:52pm
Never seen or heard anything like that before.

If I were you, I wouldn't pay it lol

is it a £30 fine?

who do you have to make cheques payable to?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: offence code 1005? - 17th Apr 2008 11:02pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
Never seen or heard anything like that before.

If I were you, I wouldn't pay it lol

WARNING - Be very careful avoiding these fine's - if they are issued by the council or police, you're car can be clamed and seized by the debt collector's as a result of non-payment, and the fines can increase from £30 to £500 in a matter of weeks...

Try and appeal it, even if you pay it in the meantime.
Posted By: Waddi Re: offence code 1005? - 17th Apr 2008 11:04pm
Isnt there a loophole, where you make a cheque for £31, they send you a refund cheque for £1, and if you dont cash it they cant cash your £31 cheque but its seen on the system as if its been payed.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: offence code 1005? - 17th Apr 2008 11:15pm
Originally Posted by WADDI
Isnt there a loophole, where you make a cheque for £31, they send you a refund cheque for £1, and if you dont cash it they cant cash your £31 cheque but its seen on the system as if its been payed.

Lol that was year's ago Waddi... and the theory was actually:

You would send a cheque for £61 for an endorsable fixed penalty notice, and they would send you a cheque for £1 back, but they could'nt issue the 3 point's until you had cashed the cheque as the system would be confused because you would have a credit balance.

Firstly, whether this is actually true or not, im not sure, as things were hardly likely to be "that automated" in the past (for instance it is hard to automate a system involving cheques), and secondly if it was, it certainly does'nt work anymore, as pointed out by Dave.

smile
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: offence code 1005? - 17th Apr 2008 11:45pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
is it a £30 fine?

who do you have to make cheques payable to?

yes and cheshire constab

cheers for the link andy but aint that a risky game to play??

my main reason for wanting to dispute is that they have gone straight to £30 fine without issuing n e thing to ensure that the defect is changed?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: offence code 1005? - 18th Apr 2008 11:34pm
registration plates..latest thing ploce bosses have got a bee in their bonnett about...dont bother fighting it..pay the 30 quid and get normal plates...rules and regs are v long winded.
playing the 31 quid is an urban myth and doesnt work!...
and imho plates that are dressed up spaced etc...are just naff...
Posted By: AR_One Re: offence code 1005? - 29th Apr 2008 10:05am
I guess the important question that noones asked is "is your number plate illegal" if it is just pay it you only risk a bigger fine, court appearance and other nonsense if you try and contest it.

The only other thing I'd be wary of is that it's really a ticket from the Police as fake parking tickets is a great scam!
Posted By: BigBadStuey Re: offence code 1005? - 29th Apr 2008 12:42pm
A lot of it is because the plates don't show up on the ANPR computers so you're more likely to be pulled up about it anyway. Same with the spray that obscures a plate digitally, in the end any police cars out and about that get an alert pop up because it was unable to read the plate will most likely pull you over and lump you with a fine. Not really worth it IMO for something that's not even really adding anything to the car or worth bragging about with your mates.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: offence code 1005? - 29th Apr 2008 1:17pm
Originally Posted by BigBadStuey
A lot of it is because the plates don't show up on the ANPR computers so you're more likely to be pulled up about it anyway. Same with the spray that obscures a plate digitally, in the end any police cars out and about that get an alert pop up because it was unable to read the plate will most likely pull you over and lump you with a fine. Not really worth it IMO for something that's not even really adding anything to the car or worth bragging about with your mates.

thankyou!...it isnt hard people!
Posted By: SoundLad Re: offence code 1005? - 29th Apr 2008 1:22pm
At the end of the day if you trying not to get scanned by the police then why? got something to hide in the boot or something?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral