Forums
Posted By: Brocks Electricity Pylons. - 18th Feb 2008 10:15am
I went over to my dads house to check the mail yesterday and found a letter from "property Compensation Consultants". My dad's house is under a 132kv electricity line and a Pylon is in next doors garden about 10 feet from the house. The Letter says he can get comensation on a no win no fee basis but the fee is 20% of the award.

The house is on the market and has been for some time. The pylon has been sited as a reason for viewers not wanting the house.

Anyone else had this and taken interest of is it a scam?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Electricity Pylons. - 18th Feb 2008 11:07am
I think it is possible to try, but usually local authorities get away with it when it comes to pylon's etc... they just turn around and say without it, he would'nt have electric lol.

But... if he has to substantially lower the price of the home against a realistic market to sell it, then someone should pay for it, and it should be the authorities.

No harm in ringing up and seeing what they say; although I have seen cases on TV where the council have just come along and plonked a Pylon right next to a house after the owners have developed it.

Who was there first, the pylon or you're father, as it may make a difference?

smile
Posted By: Brocks Re: Electricity Pylons. - 18th Feb 2008 12:30pm
If you read their bumf they reckon they can do sonmething even if the pylon was there first....As in this case.

Not sure how to prove this but Dad was told when they bought the house that the pylon was coming down. (around 1971). There ws a second one over the road and that was removed but this one remained.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral