Forums
Posted By: Mark SKY Mag - Scratch Cards - 15th Jan 2008 5:49pm
SKY Mag - Scratch Cards

If your a winner or looser £10 to claim your prize is a con.
You have to ring a number and its £1.50 per min for 6mins (Max)

Then the sparklie looking prizes will end up being the cruise for 4 people where they can again make money from you as you cant run any where.

Don't Ring the number on this card as you need to fill in the
details on the reverse. So you cant win if you wanted too.
This is now getting shredded.

Description: DO NOT CALL THIS NUMBER THIS CARD IS NOW INVALID
Attached picture scratch.jpg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: SKY Mag - Scratch Cards - 15th Jan 2008 11:20pm
They include these with loads of papers and magazines nowadays, I was surprised you hadnt seen one before lol.

They are a scam through and through, although not the biggest of scams, in that if you do phone up, you get a prize, but its always something lame, nobody ever wins one of the big prizes.

They have been on Watchdog a few times, and by law now, companies running the scheme, must print details on the back of how you can claim by post thus avoiding the expensive phone method, but there's nothing to say that it wont "get lost" in the post, or be returned undelivered.

smile
Posted By: AR_One Re: SKY Mag - Scratch Cards - 22nd Jan 2008 12:51pm
I did used to every now and then send one of these off to the postal claim address and got loads of (mostly) cr@p back. The only good thing was a £10 M&S voucher - loads of free holidays (if you book 4 other people) and other nonsense!
Posted By: chiccy Re: SKY Mag - Scratch Cards - 22nd Jan 2008 2:02pm
we "won" a holday a few weeks back now after a free prize draw we entered... sounded pretty genuine till i rang the free fone number an was told i had to book on other ppl, and then attened a seminar in warrington... may of been genuine lol but lost site of that lol
Posted By: Mark Re: SKY Mag - Scratch Cards - 22nd Jan 2008 8:16pm
Your "seminar in warrington" is there way of signing you up to time share wink

Its a scam...
You won a prize not a seminar...

As i suspected, with the holiday win also that its valid for 4 adults.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral