Forums
Posted By: jonah car park fines..... - 11th Jan 2008 11:55pm
Asda are rolling out fines across the uk for anyone wrongly parked in a disabled spot, or anyone without children in a parent/child spot. This is being done after a long trial in Scotland......bout time to put a kerb on those inconsiderate shoppers out there !
Posted By: Brummy_Ben Re: car park fines..... - 12th Jan 2008 2:30am
lol u shud stay away from wer me sean and jimmy live terrible for parking me mum had so many parking tickets as the road is double yellows no wer to park !!!!

windsor street and vivtoria road new brighton opersit the bargain booze wink
Posted By: MrPhil Re: car park fines..... - 12th Jan 2008 2:35am
what about parkin their at 3am in the morning? would you get a ticket? (to the asda question)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: car park fines..... - 12th Jan 2008 8:34am
I feel very strongly about the arrogant, ignorant slimebags that abuse the disabled/parent-child only bays. Amazing how many sprightly folk abuse the blue badge system in general!

Clamping has had a bad press of late, but this is an ideal situation for Asda's etc. to employ clampers. £100 fee to release. If you do it a 2nd time - car towed away and crushed with NO appeal.

A few months ago, whilst I was loading up the shopping into the car, someone pointed out an obviously disabled and elderley bloke who had to hobble a long way to/from his car (blue badge holder). The disabled bays were full. about 50% of them didn't have badges. Taking my trolley back, I and someone else commiserated with the chap at the situation. He smiled thinly and said it was a pity he wobbled with his trolley whilst passing one of the offending cars ! I took a sneak look..... well done that man !!

Sorry the above is a bit on the long side. Thought it worth relating though.
Posted By: jonah Re: car park fines..... - 12th Jan 2008 9:18am
dont apologise, i totally agree mate !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: car park fines..... - 12th Jan 2008 9:19am
I agree with the disabled system. I will never park in a disabled place and dispise anyone who does that isnt disabled.

The parent and child system is a con to get more families to shop at the likes of Asda and Tesco... as Waddi, who uses the system himself having kids, has in the past pointed out, if the system was to make things safer and and easier for parents with kids, the spaces wouldnt be placed in the busiest part of car parks (ie. the front), they would be placed further away from the supermarkets where the is both less danger to the children, and less resentment amongst other drivers.

As both Sean and Ben can testify, me and Stacey used a "normal" parking space the other day in Tesco, a bit further away, with a 1yr old baby in the car, and we had absolutely no problems in using it. There wasnt any need for more space, and all the parent and child spaces were used. In actual fact, to be honest, I wouldnt have wanted to get him out in the busier part of the car park where the general dogfight for spaces takes place.

As I say, I sort of support the parent and child scheme... but as to why a parent, who bear in mind has had thier child/children through choice (a disabled person doesnt have such choice), and knows they must be prepared to make sacrifices beforehand, should have preference over everyone else, is wrong. It is simply because the likes of Tesco know that they will spend more money then a shopper with no children, so they do whatever they can to attract them into the store.

Place the spaces in a more suitable place, and I will support it fully. Tesco dont do anything for anything other then profit, so anyone who thinks its done to help customers is badly mistaken; this multi-billion pound company hasnt even been arsed to fix the water pump in the petrol station in Bidston for over a month now, and the air pump has now been off for over a week; yeah, every little helps... Tesco! They wont spend the money till there is a certain level of complaints, cos holding out on paying for things like that (which make thier customers life much easier) make them interest, which in turn makes them profits. Funny how the shell down the road never has any problems keeping their air compressor maintained...

This wont bother me too much anyway, as I dont shop at Asda, and its not often I shop at "sociable" times. Even at night, I refuse to park in a disabled space. I dont care either way about a parent and child space, if its there to be take, it is. There is plenty of the "required" space a bit further down the car park, in bay 2 and the overflow (both of which are more suitable as they have far less traffic using them) that parents can use, but refuse to, instead they refuse to walk the distance... its the disabled that are disabled, not parents with kids.

And another thing I dont agree with is the governments stupid rules over parents not being allowed to get disabled badges when they have disabled children; in my view, anyone who is registered as disabled should be eligable for a disabled badge, and if under 18, the legal guardian should be automatically eligable for the badge.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: car park fines..... - 12th Jan 2008 9:55am
well said .there is a general election soon ..fancy it
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: car park fines..... - 14th Jan 2008 1:05pm
Yeah i agree with Matty here, Well said mate thumbsup

As for the parking down mine and bens road thats just crap, I myself got a ticket the other day cause i couldnt find anywhere to park so i put it on the yellows like "everyone" else does around here lol
Posted By: StuyMac Re: car park fines..... - 14th Jan 2008 2:34pm
Good idea but I think supermarkets really need to rely on the co-operation of shoppers to make the spaces work.

...Id hate to be one of the big supermarkets if they got it wrong and the bad press made it to a paper... frown

...I can see the headline now...

"On call nurse, stranded in snowy Asda Carpark with newborn, unable to respond to emergency due to "mistake" in clamping"

I belive the space issue has been addressed on the forums before, and although I think its a good idea, Im pretty sure fines / clampings will only do bad things for supermarkets frown
Posted By: Waddi Re: car park fines..... - 20th Jan 2008 8:55am
How are they going to police the Parent and child spaces tho:

• At what age does the privilage of using the the "parent and child" spaces expire, me and my mum are parent and child.
  • You arrive without a child, park in a baby space, tell the attendant "My (partner) is already inside with our baby, I just went to get petrol."
  • You leave without a child, "I had my child with me when I arrived but I have to go now and my partner has continued shopping inside keeping the child with her".

Disabled space policing is as easy as the blue badge system, but that isnt without its faults.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: car park fines..... - 20th Jan 2008 9:01am
In Tesco, they used to have a badge system, but the badges were far too easy to get. Im not sure if they still run it?

I think Asda are just doing this as a marketing trick; if parents think they are going be looked after better and have more preference over normal shoppers, and Asda are seen to be enforcing it, they are hoping that it will attract even more parents to choose them.

What they havent accounted for is the backlash that any fine's issued will bring; and they have just made sure customers like myself stay away, as they are making it clear that they dont give a toss about normal customers, it's all about getting the bigger spenders through the door.

Funny how its parents with kids that get everything, and we all know that baby stuff and kid's toys are amongst the most profitable things in a supermarket...

The price of baby stuff is an absolute rip off, I wonder if parents take into account how high the markup is on these items when they are supporting the supermarkets for supposedly "helping" parents with children by offering these spaces...

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: car park fines..... - 23rd Jan 2008 10:46pm
It may be out of order to park in a disabled bay, but if i caught someone criminally damaging my car with a trolley, disabled or not, he'd be on his arse.

Anyhow, these private parking companies can put as many 'invoices' for payment on my car as they like, they are legally unenforceable and anyone legally minded knows this.

With regards to parking in child and parent spaces, i will park in them anyway, until people start showing respect for other peoples cars in that they are careful when they open their doors etc, then i will also start showing a little respect with where i park.

I'm happy to be called a prick if it saves me having to get my car fixed after some tosser bashes their door into it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: car park fines..... - 23rd Jan 2008 10:48pm
Just to add, the disabled badge scheme in itself is a disgrace. Ive got a couple of mates with disabled badges, no less able than you and me.

In a perfect world, perhaps this would work, in the world we live in, it wont make a difference.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: car park fines..... - 24th Jan 2008 10:10am
it's a good idea, the fines will also be slapped on ppl parking across two spaces apparently too
Posted By: Pomp Re: car park fines..... - 24th Jan 2008 1:51pm
Can't go no where these days without feeling safe about not having a fine slaped on your windscreen.

Gd idea to get these gimps off the spots they shouldn't be parking at tho.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: car park fines..... - 24th Jan 2008 1:52pm
Originally Posted by Pomp
Can't go no where these days without feeling safe about not having a fine slaped on your windscreen.

withthat

If I ever got one, ill taske Alex85's advice, and let ASDA come chasing me for the money!!

Cheers Alex!

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: car park fines..... - 24th Jan 2008 6:26pm
Well look at it this way, if you paint double yellows on your driveway and start charging people who park on it - do you really think you could take them to court and get them to pay?

The legal reasons stem from the fact that it is these fines fall under contract law and not criminal law; contract law requires offer and acceptance.

Therefore, the contract is formed with the driver, not the registered keeper and as such, when Asda send you as the RK of the vehicle a reminder note etc, my usual reply is please let me know the name of the driver with whom you formed the contract with and i will pass this notice on asap.

Thats the simple method... i usually send the following letter (ive had a few of these private parking fines);

To whom it may concern
[Add their title and address}

I am in receipt of your letter dated [insert the date] alleging that a vehicle registered to me parked somewhere it shouldn’t have within a private car park [insert details as required]

As I am sure you will be aware, it is the driver of the vehicle with whom any contract to park was made, not the Registered Keeper and as such I will also require confirmation of who the driver was that made the contract with you.

You will also be aware that the terms of any such contract must be set out in such a manner as to be obvious to anyone with whom you wished to make the contract. These terms must comply with all applicable contract law, such as the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

Should you wish to pursue this claim, please supply evidence that the person parking the vehicle you allege to have overstayed the set duration would have had the opportunity to read the contract terms. Such evidence must be, as a minimum:

* a detailed route and timings of the vehicle's travel into and through the vehicle park;
* a detailed route of the driver's passage out of the vehicle and into the store - this and the evidence listed immediately above are to show that the driver had reasonable opportunity to see and read the contract terms;
* photographs of all relevant signage in situ in locus in quo at the time of the alleged overstaying so as to show that the signs were actually readable;
* an accurately-drawn, scaled, map showing the location of each sign and indicating which you believe the driver would have had the easy opportunity to read (the routes of the vehicle and driver should be superimposed upon the map);
* details of the weather conditions at the time, in particular the visibility (all to be confirmed by the Meteorological Office);
* sufficient details of the driver with whom you claim to have made a contract to enable their unique identification;
* a detailed description of the processes followed to record and analyse the evidence of the alleged overstaying; and
* a notarised statement from a senior manager at the store to the effect that your recording and analytical systems were working normally at the time of the alleged overstaying.

Without the above, I cannot entertain your claim and any further demands for payment will be considered harassment and will be reported to the police with a view to your criminal prosecution under s1 of the Malicious Communications Act 1998, s85 of the Postal Services Act 2000, s127 of the Communications Act 2003, and/or s2 of the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 - this last with a view to the court issuing a Restraining Order against you. Additionally, civil action will be taken against you personally and your employer to cease and desist and for the recovery of all costs, together with a substantial payment in compensation for the mental pain and suffering caused.

I expect your reply by return, either providing the evidence requested above or indicating simply your termination of this correspondence.

Posted By: MattLFC Re: car park fines..... - 24th Jan 2008 6:36pm
Haha quality mate, nice one for posting that! Im pretty sure there will be some people who find that very useful with the introduction of these fine's, but also other "private" parking fines.

Say they clamped your car for parking in a parent and chile bay, is there any legal way around this? Is it the same, its not actually lawful for them to do it and they would have to release without payment?

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: car park fines..... - 24th Jan 2008 9:10pm
Quality smile

Ive already used the e-mail button to send it to someone
who may just need a letter like that smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: car park fines..... - 25th Jan 2008 12:51am
Another angle, once you get the "notice to owner" for not paying it is to remind them that by them writing to you and telling you that as the registered keeper you are liable for the ticket is that they are actually guilty of "attempting to obtain money by deception" - they are trying to make you pay up with illegal threats as you are not liable in the slightest, the driver is. Even if this is you, they have addressed the letter wrong.

Also "notice to owner" is a legal term - they cant use it anymore than you or I can.

There has been much discussion on this, that i have been privy to. Another option is to park where you like with a piece of paper on the windscreen stating something along the lines of "the driver of this vehicle does not accept any contract terms whatsoever, implied or otherwise by parking here".

I have also heard of people writing back to the private car parking company stating that they would be willing to disclose the drivers identity for a one-off fee of £x (which is more than the ticket itself).

Also be aware that these guys may well sell the debt onto a debt collection company who WILL write to you with the usual rubbish. If this happens, simply send a recorded delivery letter to them informing them that the debt is currently being disputed and ask them to refer back to their client. Simple.

Clamping is another ball game, i would recommend if this did happen, pay the release fee by credit card then get the CC to dispute the charge using the details i posted above.

You could also cut the clamp off, and return it to the company with an offer to pay for the damages, a cut chain costs next to nothing - if you do this then you cant be done for criminal damage, as you have offered to fix the damage you caused and the police wont have any inclination to prosecute someone who has been so cooperative. I have seen this work.

Posted By: Mark Re: car park fines..... - 25th Jan 2008 9:52am
Quality

That's all stuff i want printed inside my wallet smile

Appreciated Alex thumbsup
Posted By: Bixmis7 Re: car park fines..... - 17th Feb 2008 8:44am
Where else can I park? I can't find the single fat bloke over 50's bay frown

I read the as from 1 March 08, that the evidence collected on CCTV will be enough grounds to send you a ticket in the post. Scary frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: car park fines..... - 17th Feb 2008 8:48am
Originally Posted by Bixmis7
Where else can I park? I can't find the single fat bloke over 50's bay frown

I read the as from 1 March 08, that the evidence collected on CCTV will be enough grounds to send you a ticket in the post. Scary frown

Locate you're nearest Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons or Safeway instead as they don't have the stupidity of Adsa!

No wonder Wal Mart are considering what exactly to do with Asda due to lack of profit and market penetration; they are driving customer's away at a time when their own Chief Executive has stated they will be relegated to 3rd place (with Sainbury's moving up to 2nd) within the next 2 years in term's of market share...
Posted By: Waddi Re: car park fines..... - 17th Feb 2008 10:36am
Just seen a sandwich board in asda, explaining the new fines system. The Parent and Child spaces are able to be used by anyone with a child up to the age of 12 and using some sort of child seat including a booster seat.

My eldest is only 2 so obviously still needs me to put her in her seat and strap her in. So a little question for those with older kids,at what age can they sort themselves out in regards to seat belts etc. As I think 12 years old for a parking space that is widely referred to as a Baby space isnono

IMHO they should just get rid of all the parent and baby spaces and make all the spaces wider, and thats coming from someone with 2 babies that often uses the said spaces. then just have the disabled spaces near the door.
Posted By: chiccy Re: car park fines..... - 17th Feb 2008 10:45am
waddi kyles 5 an can do his own seatbelt usually, but sometimes had trouble with the strap that actually holds the seabelt over the sholder down( dont know what it is called) i think im a few more months he will of mastered that smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: car park fines..... - 17th Feb 2008 1:35pm
So would you agree that 12 years old is a bit excessive for the right to use a parent and child parking space. should be more like 6,7 or 8max

once they can climb in the car themselves, sit down properly in their seat and strap themselves in, why else would you need the widened space?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: car park fines..... - 14th Mar 2008 9:13pm
i'll still be using them as i have very large doors and im not getting car park dings full stop.

fine me if you can!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 8:25am
Originally Posted by Alex85
i'll still be using them as i have very large doors and im not getting car park dings full stop.

fine me if you can!!

what makes you different than every one else
Posted By: Mark Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 8:42am
Probably nothing,
but i think the point in there may be that they cant fine you?
At the moment?
Posted By: jonah Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 8:42am
cos he's special, he has big doors, so is exempt from the rules
Posted By: Sanchez Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 9:54am
big doors or no big door, them spaces are there for a reason !, and i think that asda tesco etc should fine you for abusing them, i hate seeing people use them.

Its quite a real pet hate of mine tbh. The funniest thing i think is when i go the gym. Every night i see nob heads fighting to get a space right out side the front door of the place, even waiting like vultures for one to come available, or parking on the road by the front door when there's tonnes of spaces at the back.

The irony is though, that these wankeers dont mind going to the gym to work out and burn cal's etc but refuse to walk 100 meters or so to the gym its self, its daft.

Now if this is the case for fittness freaks, then there's nothing down for average joe just doin the weekly shop etc. So yes fine the twaats
Posted By: Mark Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 10:13am
Ive seen it myself lol

I park further away from the entrance,
and by the time i get out, walk down there still there smack
waiting for a speck lol
Posted By: Sanchez Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 10:20am
shows the mentality of our nation, im with you mark, id rather park furture away, less stressfull etc etc
Posted By: MattLFC Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 4:55pm
But parent and child spaces are a marketing scam... they are placed in the most dangerous part of any supermarket car park. And as a result, a lot of the time, the disabled spaces get moved further away.

I refuse to park in a disabled space. I don't care about a parent and child space, because they are not there to help parents, they are there to attract parents to the store.

As I have said before, anyone who thinks a supermarket does anything to help customers is pretty stupid; everything is planned managed from Head Office, who havent got the slightest interest in helping customers, its about maximising profit.

And this is something the British public fall for time and time again.

Why should a parent ave any more right then a non-parent to park closer to the store? It is safer and easier for them to park further away, in the quiet parts of the car park, but oooooo nooooo, thats too far for some parents to be arsed walking.

Of course imho, kids who are not on reigns or in buggys should be banned from supermarkets full stop as all they see the supermarket as a day out, a fun centre, and parents in general have little control over them. Personal opinion, so dont slate me for it, but it pisses you off when you go into a supermarket to do ya shopping and there are sprogs everywhere running around like headless chickens and screaming cos they cant get their own way.

This is why, if I go shopping in the daytime, especially at weekends, I tend to avoid the big players and go to Somerfield, as the shopping experience is just so much more relaxed.
Posted By: jonah Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 7:53pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Of course imho, kids who are not on reigns or in buggys should be banned from supermarkets full stop as all they see the supermarket as a day out, a fun centre, and parents in general have little control over them.

you are allowed your own opinion matt, freedom of speech, just like i have a right to take my children to the supermarket with me, whenever i please, and not on reigns or in buggies. Yeh my kids are like most others, they get excited and see the trip to the supermarket as an adventure, but we control our children, they know when and how to behave in a shop and 99.9 % of the time they do just that. In fact more often than not, its the adults who are badly behaved doing their shopping. They are rude, inconsiderate self obsessed a-holes who think they are the only ones with a right to shop, by barging past/infront of you to get what they want or ramming you with their trollies as they are so important and need to get what they want before anyone else.... it is obnoxious self obsessed little tossers like this that should be banned from shopping at certain times, For somebody who goes on about taking your younger relatives out alot with you, you sometimes have very strange views about people who have children matty.... maybe one day when you hav eyour own children matty, u will realise just what it is like to go shopping with your children...
Posted By: Mark Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 9:06pm
[Linked Image]

No chance of matty having kids he's never awake lol
(p.s i didnt take the picture nor was i in his room -
That's for future readers lol )
Posted By: MattLFC Re: car park fines..... - 15th Mar 2008 9:33pm
loool covering your tracks there grin
Posted By: Sanchez Re: car park fines..... - 16th Mar 2008 11:18am
lol, i looked after a kid for a day, a 2 year old, i was with my x, it wasn t easy and there was a parent to child ratio of 2:1, so any thing to help parent is a plus,

Matty that was a fair point though about the child and parent spaces being in a dangerious place, i do agree abit in the fact they dont need to be right close to the store, because there is nothing stoppin them from walking. How ever although it is a plus if the parking goes for the parents favour but i very much doubt its going to be a big contributing factor which governs were you shop !

Jonah > then people piss me right off too !
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: car park fines..... - 16th Mar 2008 2:04pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC

As I have said before, anyone who thinks a supermarket does anything to help customers is pretty stupid; everything is planned managed from Head Office, who havent got the slightest interest in helping customers, its about maximising profit.

at the end of the day helping customers and maximising profit are linked, help the costomer get what they want they come back or spend more money with that store etc. so i must disagree with that 1. yes most things are managed for a 'head office' but they are trialed first and the things that dont work dont get implemented
Posted By: jonno40 Re: car park fines..... - 16th Mar 2008 2:16pm
Originally Posted by Brummy_Ben
lol u shud stay away from wer me sean and jimmy live terrible for parking me mum had so many parking tickets as the road is double yellows no wer to park !!!!

windsor street and vivtoria road new brighton opersit the bargain booze wink

I used to live in richmond street next to windsor and in three years i got five tickets for parking outside my own house.I used to appeal and was told to park in the carpark at the top of the road ,which used to be full of vandalised cars...Dont think so
Posted By: Anonymous Re: car park fines..... - 23rd Apr 2008 12:25am
Originally Posted by jonah
cos he's special, he has big doors, so is exempt from the rules

No you dick, because as I outlined above they cannot enforce private parking fines so they can slap as many 'invoices' as they want on my car, i dont HAVE to pay it.

Dick = joke, but you know what i mean!

As i say, ALL the time, when people give ME some respect by being careful when they get out of the car not to ding my doors, i will show some respect to others by not parking in 'restricted' bays.

Simple.
Posted By: Mark Re: car park fines..... - 23rd Apr 2008 7:20am
Fair comment wink
Posted By: BigBadStuey Re: car park fines..... - 27th Apr 2008 10:21am
Why not take the initiative and park where you're meant to then? You're probably one of the tools I have to deal with day in, day out copping crap because I've asked you to move (I work on the trolleys in the Liscard Asda) but because you're ONLY going to use the cash machine or ONLY getting a couple of bits you think it's okay to park there. A car park is bloody deadly to someone like me when you have idiots (may I point out that in over 5 years of doing the job I can almost exclusively put this in the hands of BMW, Mercedes, Audi and VW Golf drivers) who power into a space sans indicators, jump out clutching their keys for a little while too long and stride in the store boldly. In the end we're the one who get the complaints while the drivers get away with it scot-free; we can announce your car til we're blue in the face but christ, you're only coming when you're good and ready to. So do me a favour, use a proper space like most people. Oh, and no profits are made by Asda, it goes to charity.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: car park fines..... - 27th Apr 2008 10:48am
Originally Posted by BigBadStuey
Why not take the initiative and park where you're meant to then? You're probably one of the tools I have to deal with day in, day out copping crap because I've asked you to move (I work on the trolleys in the Liscard Asda) but because you're ONLY going to use the cash machine or ONLY getting a couple of bits you think it's okay to park there. A car park is bloody deadly to someone like me when you have idiots (may I point out that in over 5 years of doing the job I can almost exclusively put this in the hands of BMW, Mercedes, Audi and VW Golf drivers) who power into a space sans indicators, jump out clutching their keys for a little while too long and stride in the store boldly. In the end we're the one who get the complaints while the drivers get away with it scot-free; we can announce your car til we're blue in the face but christ, you're only coming when you're good and ready to. So do me a favour, use a proper space like most people. Oh, and no profits are made by Asda, it goes to charity.

you the man, took the words from me mouth, alex, what your saying is nonsence, people will always ding cars in parking spaces, its just one of those things, if your really worried about it then park further away from the entrance, people on the hole do tend to be curtious and not twang their door on to your car, its just the odd cock jockey with no considderation that does it
Posted By: BigBadStuey Re: car park fines..... - 27th Apr 2008 10:58am
It's just ridiculous that he thinks that because he doesn't want a ding that he has the right to park somewhere that's exclusively set out to help people who (generally, some do abuse it but with a badge there's bugger all I can do) have physical needs to be close to the store. Most people who drive take that risk and, would you believe it, don't get dinged. It's just laziness that makes people park there, it's like those who sit and wait at the front of the store for half an hour. It's a pick-up point, not a sit-and-wait-and-read-the-latest-news-in-the-paper point, you're blocking taxis collecting fares, my access to put trolleys back, people picking up/dropping off people. Honestly, knob-ends who are in the car park set me off on one! An extra twenty metre walk won't kill you. Disabled people use the store all the hours under the sun so don't park there, you tool.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: car park fines..... - 27th Apr 2008 11:09am
Originally Posted by BigBadStuey
It's just laziness that makes people park there, it's like those who sit and wait at the front of the store for half an hour. It's a pick-up point, not a sit-and-wait-and-read-the-latest-news-in-the-paper point, you're blocking taxis collecting fares, my access to put trolleys back, people picking up/dropping off people. Honestly, knob-ends who are in the car park set me off on one! An extra twenty metre walk won't kill you.

withthat
Posted By: chiccy Re: car park fines..... - 27th Apr 2008 12:46pm
i do think the child spaces SHOULD be close to the store or as close as possible! as a mum of 3 kids, i have 1 pair of hands!
so the quicker i am in the store/car the safer it is for me, my kids and other drivers.
im not saying i dont hold their hands or watch them in the car park as they know full well its is dangerous but kids bein kids dont have the perseption on HOW dangerous or fatal it could be and i think the stores have this in mind not just fancy pissing other drivers off!
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: car park fines..... - 27th Apr 2008 2:30pm
I got a parking ticket the other day, unfotunatly I was in a pay and display but the sticker had fell of onto the drivers seat. Phoned them up and have to send a photocopy of the ticket to them. How shit is that even if I never had a ticket, what that means I wait for someone to come to their car and ask them for theirs lol
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: car park fines..... - 27th Apr 2008 3:03pm
Originally Posted by chiccy
i i think the stores have this in mind not just fancy pissing other drivers off!

nope..not having that..just think they do it to annoy everyone....
grin

Was with my dad yesterday (hes 60) and we were discussing if we could still use the parent-child spaces...lol
but we though better of it!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral