Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Camera Insurance - 3rd Sep 2007 9:24pm
For anyone who is looking to protect their camera's from theft and accidental damage, I have heard loads of people praising Photoguard - and its pretty reasonably priced too, I had a quote of £2.35 per month for worldwide cover for my camera and its accesories upto the value of £300.

Of course the good thing about this company is they specialize in insurance for camera's and photographers, its really aimed towards to professional market, and most pro's use it, but its affordable enough for home users as well.

Dont forget, it covers everything upto a specifiec value including tripod's, memory cards, camera's, bags etc...

They will even cover loss of earnings, public liability and personal injury if you are a professional!

smile

Get A Quote Today
Posted By: Mark Re: Camera Insurance - 13th Sep 2007 11:50am
This looks a great deal, for the pro and the Amature.

Bare in mind your "Home Contents" cover may cover you
for similar. So don't double insure.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Camera Insurance - 13th Sep 2007 11:53am
Yeah it "may", but its certainly not as comprehensive as dedicated camera insurance, and also its highly unlikely they would cover you if you dropped it in a river whilst in a foreign country.

Usually home contents insurance only covers you whilst in the home, and even when it doesnt I dont think its worth risking the hassle when one considers the price of this insurance hehe.

Home contents also struggle to pay out for anything thats outside the home, especiallt theft, even when you specifically have it in your policy schedule.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Camera Insurance - 13th Sep 2007 12:00pm
Matty - Accidental Damage on Home insurance will cover you.
It will also cover your abroad. If you drop it in a river.

Mine does and will.
But each policy is different.

This is why after reading it, i realised that i'm already covered.
That's all. And only wanted to make members aware that they
may already be covered and not to double insure.

I'm not saying its a waste of time. It looks good but not for me.

That's all.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Camera Insurance - 13th Sep 2007 12:05pm
Maybe so, but id rather rely on insurance that does cover it without hassle, then having an argument with an insurance company that doesnt.

People rely far too much on their homne insurance nowadays, and its because of this that you always hear horror stories about people taking months to get things out of them, for the smallest thing.

At the end of the day, it depends how much the camera is worth to you and if you can afford to be without it for weeks/months due to insurance companies dragging their feet.

Personally, I couldnt, so I insure outside of home contents insurance. If contents insurance was so good, all these external policies wouldnt exist, because we wouldnt have any need for them.

wink
Posted By: Mark Re: Camera Insurance - 13th Sep 2007 12:22pm
No point in paying for the same insurance twice no matter how
its dressed up. That's My opinion wink

Contents claims : Family experience seems pretty good. Just a case of providing receipts. (Maybe that is where the bottle neck is).
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Camera Insurance - 13th Sep 2007 1:25pm

Description: ORDER IN THE COURT!
Attached picture 19722.jpg

Description: kaaapowww!
Attached picture 111.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Camera Insurance - 13th Sep 2007 1:29pm
In my personal opinion i would buy it seperatly as the chances of damage especially with the things i do, where i go with my cameras etc wink are inevitable!
I`d rather not risk my house insurance costs going up and like matty said i`d like a newer camera asap, not messing round waiting for insurance companys to drag their feet etc smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral