Forums
Posted By: AX_125 Criminal Damage, where do i stand - 26th Mar 2007 10:57am
I seem to be the unluckiest person I know when it comes to my car. I have always looked after my cars, I drive them very carefully and have never had a crash (yet).

When I finally decided to spend all my money on a half decent car, it seems that it has become a target for vandals.

I have had key scratched down my rear quatre, which I repaired, damage to my bonnet and yesterday I had people throwing large half brick sized stones at my car while it was parked outside my parents.

My brother and I confronted the gang of kids that were throwing them and they denied it. We called the police who got their names and I have reported criminal damage to my car.

My question is, if I wanted the get the dents and scratches fixed that the stones caused, would I have to go through my car insurance, or can I take other options to get it fixed (as I pay council tax etc)
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Criminal Damage, where do i stand - 26th Mar 2007 11:02am
Unlucky fella frown

AFAIK you need to take them to court (If the police think you / they have enough evidence) and get them convicted of it - then you can get them to pay.

Else its go though the insurance, or save no claims and pay out of your own pocket frown

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Criminal Damage, where do i stand - 26th Mar 2007 11:07am
I agree with Stuy. Sorry matey.

The government just don't seem to do anything about these ASBO case Grrrs!! mad
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Criminal Damage, where do i stand - 26th Mar 2007 11:11am
load of crap innit, not alot you can do there. your best bet is to become a war lord your self and kick the shit out of them, thats what they did in the olden days and it worked back then, i got your back for you if it turns ugly.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Criminal Damage, where do i stand - 26th Mar 2007 11:43am
Spoke to a police man, who says, unless someone saw the person throw the stone that hit my car, there isn't an awful lot i can do.

Wish we had battered them now.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Criminal Damage, where do i stand - 26th Mar 2007 11:48am
I it happens again (hopefully it won't), if you know for certain who it is, you and a friend who bears no family connection to yourself, will see them do it.

wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral