Forums
Posted By: StuyMac StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 14th Dec 2009 12:50pm
Well, thought id start a new thead for this car which, over the winter, will transform in to the new race car for next year smile

Day of purchase...

[Linked Image]

At home after a good clean:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 14th Dec 2009 12:51pm
Well, over the weekend I set about fitting a set of BC Coilovers.

I specified different spring rates to what is supplied normally, and I also got some pillowball front top mounts in on the deal as I have spent a lot of money with one of the UK distributers wink

Coilovers:

[Linked Image]

Front:

(Brake lines are just zip tied in place at the moment as I have new front brakes with braided lines which will be bolted when they are fitted)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rear:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Before:

[Linked Image]

After: (Not too low as I have to get on the drive)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 14th Dec 2009 12:53pm
Pic of the Mugen Twin loop exhaust...

2.5" all the way through, with decat. Sounds nice, and very quite during normal driving, but screams in to life when you get to the VTEC range grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 14th Dec 2009 12:56pm
Spoon drop in filter fitted...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dave100e Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 14th Dec 2009 11:17pm
Looking good mate. Always fancied one of these.

Any major plans? Or just the usual sort the suspension, sort the breathing, sort the brakes and go from there?
very nice bud smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 15th Dec 2009 1:00am
Far too nice to race, donate it to the sanchez appeal wink
Posted By: MGCraig Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 15th Dec 2009 8:35am
You can stick to your Merc Andy Pandy wink

I have to say mate, Im definately impressed.
Its always a quick turn around with you, Get the car, and then in almost no time at all, its pretty much finished raftl

I know theres still some way to go, but I can guarantee no-one else will get as much done in such a short time happy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 15th Dec 2009 9:28am
Well, this is the cage it will be getting - I think i will be the first race car Ive had to get a full, multipoint weld in cage...

[Linked Image]

To fit, it needs the doors, boot, interior and all glass removing omg but it will be a proper job grin Looking to start the fitting in Feb by a friend who has fitted the same cage to his EP3 Type R and done a cracking job happy
Posted By: sean Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 15th Dec 2009 3:36pm
i seen that today on the 53, i was in a silver impreza coming off at b and q when you passed
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 15th Dec 2009 3:36pm
New wheels arrived today - Team Dynamics Pro Race 1's - 15" x 7"

Very light wheel and Ive already tried the brakes inside them and there is about 5mm clearance bananadance

Also ordered a set of Toyo R888s to wrap round them smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 17th Dec 2009 10:10pm
Tyres arrived today.

[Linked Image]

Had them fitted to the wheels, but it was getting a bit dark when the new wheels where on...
Posted By: MGCraig Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 17th Dec 2009 11:55pm
R888s dear boy laugh
Posted By: spinking Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Dec 2009 6:43am
POSH BITCH raftl

What are they like in the wet???
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Dec 2009 8:05am
raftl Dont forget, I get a heavy cub discount on tyres wink

They are OK in the wet, not as good as a full wet. If there is a lot of standing water then a good, new, road tyre will be better, but there does need to be standing water.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Dec 2009 8:55am
How does this thing compare to your past racing cars?

I found that with mine out of the box they were very easy and fun to drive very fast. Probably the best FWD car i have ever driven.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Dec 2009 12:29pm
Originally Posted by Beaker
raftl Dont forget, I get a heavy cub discount on tyres wink

They are OK in the wet, not as good as a full wet. If there is a lot of standing water then a good, new, road tyre will be better, but there does need to be standing water.

Hmmmmm... When we did the Pro Care stages rally, it was absolutely waterlogged. We put road tyres on for stage 1, and had a spin (if you remember) Threw the R888s back on, and had no problems for the rest of the day. I think theye a lot better than OK raftl
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Dec 2009 12:35pm
The main advantage of the 888 is the compound - its very soft smile

In the dry it also has a high area of rubber in contact with the road, and large solid areas of rubber meaning they cant move around much and over heat.

When there is standing water, there is a point where the lack of cuts in the tread cannot get rid of the water and you aquaplane. Its the only drawback to the 888.

A normal road tyre V 888 in the wet, is the compund of the rubber. Obviously in the wet you cant overheat them and its plain to see a road tyre can disperse more water than an 888. A soft road tyre will be better when there is a lot of standing water.

...dont get me wrong, if its just "wet" there is a point where the 888 will be better.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Dec 2009 3:11pm
New wheels and tyres fitted grin

The offset is slightly less on these, so they sit out a little more and have increased the track of the car smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 21st Dec 2009 3:55pm
Brakes have now been fitted smile

New V Old...

[Linked Image]

Disk mounted

[Linked Image]

Caliper bracket

[Linked Image]

Caliper on

[Linked Image]

Disk and caliper

[Linked Image]

...with the wheel refitted

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Jan 2010 11:00am
Finally got round to fitting my MFactory 4.7FD over the weekend smile

Took about 4 hrs, which includes removing / refitting the gearbox, and bursting the box to fit the new crown wheel and main shaft - and a few tea breaks wink

I was also very impressed with the condition of the box, oil was clean and synchros show no sign of wear, a credit to the previous owners.... smile

Anyway, some pics...

Box On the car..

[Linked Image]

Box off...

[Linked Image]

New FD

[Linked Image]

Bell housing opened up

[Linked Image]

New main shaft built with gears...

[Linked Image]

New Crown wheel fitted to diff..

[Linked Image]

Box back together

[Linked Image]

..bell housing resealed..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 14th Feb 2010 5:52pm
Interior is now out (apart from the dash) ready for the cage to be fitted...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
stuy mate. ur a mad man oshocked lol. nice job tho matey. cant wait to see her racing smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Feb 2010 10:30am
Car is now fully stripped, ready for the cage to be fitted...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: spinking Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Feb 2010 3:32pm
Is it a custom one matey
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Feb 2010 3:58pm
Its an "off the shelf" jobbie from Custom cages....

Fully weld in smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 24th Feb 2010 8:39am
Few more pics - basically cleaned up the floor, drilled out all the spot welds for the seat mounts, seat belts etc...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Heres everything that came out...

[Linked Image]

The cage...

[Linked Image]

Just waiting for a friend to remove the glass then we can crack on with welding the cage in smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 24th Feb 2010 9:11am
ha, classic vax hover in the background. My mums one has just packed in.

Loving the integra btw.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 24th Feb 2010 10:46pm
Doors, minus trim, windows and electric motors...

[Linked Image]

Inner skin cut away

[Linked Image]

Side Impact bar cut away

[Linked Image]

Everything removed

[Linked Image]

Also managed to start tacking in the base plates

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 27th Feb 2010 8:36pm
Cage started to go in today...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

..and my idea to keep the screen clear when it rains. Couldnt find a decent price for a heated screen, didnt want to keep all the weight of the OEM fan and Air Con unit and dont fancy the idea of one of those little clip on fans that clears an area the size of a letter box, so I came up with this...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: spinking Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 28th Feb 2010 2:49pm
Snug fit that matey
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 1st Mar 2010 10:28am
Thats the idea wink

Cage is all in now, hope to get the inside of the car painted this week and then start putting it all back together smile
Posted By: spinking Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 1st Mar 2010 10:17pm
Dunno what the proper name is stu but you getting the bars with the holes in that weld to the pillars???
Posted By: Sanchez Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 1st Mar 2010 10:31pm
Love it mate, spot on, hopefully you'll have a good season! i'll see if al pingers and knuckles are up for comin to watch a race!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 1st Mar 2010 10:44pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Love it mate, spot on, hopefully you'll have a good season!

Same here. Let me know when you're at Oulton again and I'll pop along for the day
Posted By: MrPhil Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 1st Mar 2010 11:40pm
Originally Posted by spinking
Dunno what the proper name is stu but you getting the bars with the holes in that weld to the pillars???

Gusset's
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 2nd Mar 2010 8:45am
Originally Posted by spinking

No mate, this cage doesnt use them.

It has however been welded whereever it touches te shell wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 4th Mar 2010 9:18am
Last night I got the car painted inside - just a quick and basic blowover, mainly on the cage, but everywhere got a dusting.

Was pretty misty in the garage, so will get some better pics next time Im there no the air should have cleared smile

Primer goes on...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Painting begins...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Finished and baking under a car cover grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MrPhil Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 4th Mar 2010 9:30am
Lets hope you won't need the cage.

With the race series your in what mods can you do the engine?

Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 4th Mar 2010 9:42am
Pretty much anything you like can be done to the engine, though there are some things that will put you up a class, and it you dont modify certain things, you can drop a class.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 4th Mar 2010 7:51pm
This is just awesome!
Lookin great stu happy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 7th Mar 2010 6:28pm
Weekends progress....

Refitted the dash, plugged the loom back in, tucked all the loom in place and secured it., refitted the ECU, fitted the seat and refitted the doors and tailgate smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
verynice job indeed stu
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 13th Mar 2010 7:01pm
Polycarbonate windows, and new windscreen where fitted today smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 1st Apr 2010 1:35pm
Bonnet now fitted....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Also did the door cards today...

[Linked Image]
Stu what number are you raftl

Can you fit the elec saftey stuff???

Interested myself
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 2nd Apr 2010 6:10pm
31 Tony - you need glasses if you can read that wink

Hilly fitted the cut off for me - opted for an electrical one this year to try and avoid seized cables. Manual ones are pretty straight forward, there is plenty of info how to wire them up on the net smile

...stuff got the manual kill switch somewhere from the Silvia...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 2nd Apr 2010 7:00pm
All loaded up and ready for an early start in the morning to get to Cadwell... smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
have a goodun matey
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th May 2010 9:00am
Right, decided that good as the Mugen Exhaust is, it is just to quiet, it is also quite weighty due to the "Twin Loop" design, so Ive decided to replace it, along with the heavy cast 4-2-1 manifold.

Old Mugen exhaust

[Linked Image]

New Exhaust - Fujitsubo Power Getter

[Linked Image]

Japspeed 4-1 stainless manifold

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: spinking Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th May 2010 10:00pm
Sweet

What gains can you expect from it matey
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th May 2010 10:45pm
About 5bhp with the exhaust and manifold omg raftl

It will also shave another 10kgs off the car though wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 20th May 2010 9:22pm
Now all fitted grin

Piccys smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MattLFC Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 21st May 2010 4:25am
Very, very nice mate, keep it shining!! smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 21st May 2010 9:43am
What racing league/car club do you race in?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 21st May 2010 9:46am
The club I race with is the Classic Touring Car Club, and we race in a BARC championship.

Im in class F due to list 1b tyres and not running additional spiolers and the car having the original engine.
Posted By: spinking Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 21st May 2010 7:00pm
Looks good that chewy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Jun 2010 3:05pm
More weight has been lost in preperation for Thruxton...

Inner boot skin has been cut out, and frame drilled...

[Linked Image]

Charcoal cannister has been removed...

[Linked Image]

PAS removed, inc pump, cast brackets, fluid reservoir and hoses...

[Linked Image]

I hope this has saved another 10-15kgs, plus it has given the car a bit more feel through the steering, and made a few more bhp from not having to drive the PAS pump 8)
Posted By: Wheels Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Jun 2010 4:32pm
Can you run a high octane fuel or does it have to be 95 97?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Jun 2010 4:52pm
Can run whatever fuel you like matey - I generally use Optimax.

To get the most out of a race fuel ie 105RON the car needs to be mapped with extra advance on the ignition timing - only problem then is thats all it will run on, and race fuel is £3+/litre frown

Might get a few BHP from it, but a turbo'd car would get more - the starion makes 100bhp more on race fuel omg
Posted By: Wheels Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Jun 2010 5:03pm
100bhp for race fuel and map! Bloody hell.

I wish I could afford to do all this. The car is mint mate, now get down the gym so you don't feel the effects of no PAS lol. You will look like popeye after a few race's.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Jun 2010 5:05pm
raftl I did the same to the Civic, and TBH, it was only really heavy at low speed, moving the car round etc, once on track it was fine and gave so much more feedback smile

Down the gym omg Im trying to loose weight from the car, not add to it raftl
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 1st Jul 2010 10:18am
Some pics from Thruxton

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SteMars Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 20th Jul 2010 6:45pm
Great build Stuart..... smile

You dont happen to know Andy Davies do you? Im sure that he races in CTC and lives on the Wirral?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 21st Jul 2010 7:39am
Yeah, Im very good friends with Andy, Allan and PK - Allans BMW is one of the E30s in my sig pic smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Oct 2010 11:35am
Some more pics from this years racing....

Snetterton...

Getting a bit out of shape...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 22nd Oct 2010 11:43am
Oulton Park...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 9th Jun 2011 9:25am
Been a while since Ive done anything here, but plans are afoot for a few more geegees before shes out again wink

Got a Hondata S300 remappable ECU for the car now and shes booked in for a rolling road session in July.

In conjunction with that, Ive also bought the following...

An Edelbrock inlet manifold - runners are 1.5" longer than std to help flow in to the head:

[Linked Image]

Some Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams with uprated valve springs and titanium retainers:

[Linked Image]

Plus Ive also got an alloy high flow fuel rail to fit, with adjustable pressure regulator. Coupled to that, and left over from the Silvia, Ill also be fitting a high flow fuel pump with swirl pot in a 2 pump system to reduce the risk of fuel surge.

Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 11th Jun 2011 5:28pm
I thought Id add a few pics of a few little jobs Ive been up recently, and a few plans for the next month or so....

Firstly, fitted a fuel pressure gauge - this to go with the adjustable FPR and fuel rail Ive added...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Also as an upgrade to the fuel system, I still had the high flow pump I used on the old Silvia racecar and the swirl pot. So, Ive bought a load of braided fuel hose, and Ill be fitting the swirl pot and pump over the up and coming weeks - the idea being that I can keep less fuel in the car without the risk of fuel surge smile

[Linked Image]

Other items "in the post" are a pair of Brian Crower stage 2 cams and an Edelbrock inlet manifold - Ill get the manifold fitted when it turns up, but the cams will be fitted when the car goes to get the Hondata S300 ECU mapped in July wink

Plans this weekend (weather dependant) are to get the doors off, and make swiss cheese of the frames with a hole saw - again to try and shed more weight!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 11th Jun 2011 5:28pm
OK, so weather did permit today, so I attacked the doors with a hole saw to get a bit more weight out of them.

TBH there wasnt much left of the after I fitted the windows, but every little helps wink

Swiss cheese...

[Linked Image]

..and with some silver tape and the door card back on...

[Linked Image]

And with the weather being so nice I gave her a clean too - still looks ok after a year of competition, all be it, the front bumper is a bit peppered now...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DavidB Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 13th Jun 2011 10:09am
Looks nice Stu, make sure it's locked up though!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 13th Jun 2011 10:37am
Drool tease
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 17th Sep 2011 9:40am
....must......take......pics.......of.......new......stuff......done....... smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 17th Sep 2011 9:46am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
....must......take......pics.......of.......new......stuff......done....... smile

withthat

About time someone updated their post. smile

(I know you have been busy stu) wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Sep 2011 9:43am
Ill try and drag it out of the garage today Ste - between BTCC races wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Sep 2011 3:48pm
Right, few pics of the latest modifications...

Door / window trims refitted, bent these when fitting the poly windows, but managed to get another set, they just tidy the car up a bit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Holder for detatchable steering wheel.

[Linked Image]

New inlet manifold fitted with thermal gasket.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

New cams and vernier pulleys - cant see the cams, but they are in there wink

[Linked Image]

New layout for the intake - the manifold sits lower than std so a custom air intake pipe is required.

[Linked Image]

New Hondata ECU, now all mapped up wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sean Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Sep 2011 3:59pm
looking good. where did you get your poly windows from? i'm looking to get some
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Sep 2011 4:21pm
Windows are from Plastics4performance smile

Wouldnt recommend using them on a road car though, they scratch very easily, and the window slider lets very little air in the car frown
Posted By: sean Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 18th Sep 2011 5:02pm
cheers, i shall google them now. they'll be getting fitted to my track car
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 20th Sep 2011 5:47am
Brilliant work there stu, you could eat your dinner off that engine, how clean is that!

Who mapped the ecu?

There's a pug 205 going around with those windows on, where the window trims expensive?
When my boss had a 350z one of those cost £75 to replace.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 20th Sep 2011 7:56am
ECU Work was done by a company called RDT in Doncaster, he is a bit of a Honda Buff, and really knows his stuff with these cars; he had an EK9 with a B18 Integra motor fitted, plus a turbo strapped to the side. 425bhp at the wheels it makes - took us out in it after mine was mapped - very scary shifty

Trims came off a breaker on the integra owners club site, so they didnt cost much at all wink

As already mentioned, not sure why you would want to fit these windows to a road car, they are fixed and get hot in the summer, cold in the winter and scratch very easily, so unless the car has a cage, its just a poser to say he has plastic windows wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 20th Sep 2011 11:04am
Spare set of wheels finally got painted over the weekend - rattle can and some laquer wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

She is also booked in with Stevie @ Grinspeed in Preston in a couple of weeks, going to get all the geometry set up following the fitting of the Hardrace RTA bushes, and also get the car corner weighted smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 20th Sep 2011 11:13am
Nice job on the wheels stu happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 21st Sep 2011 4:51pm
Nice one stu looking cool thumbsup
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 5th Oct 2011 3:27pm
Quick update....

Yesterday I took the car up to Grinspeed in Leyland, and had all the geometry checked / setup and had the car corner weighted.

[Linked Image]

Car tipped the scales at 970kgs with 1/2 tank of fuel smile

Im doing a track day at Oulton in November to see if it all works, and the guy who set the car up will also be coming to twwek anything if Im not happy wink
Posted By: AlexB Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 5th Oct 2011 3:30pm
Be keen to come and watch if that's OK?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 5th Oct 2011 3:36pm
No worries Alex, Ill have a passenger seat in at some point too, but I need to test the car with just me in it - ie race conditions to check and adjust the setup. Until Im happy with that it will just be one seat and myself in the car.

Friday 4th Nov is the trackday - we also have a garage booked.
Posted By: AlexB Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 5th Oct 2011 3:45pm
Aw maaaaan, bad day for me.

Otherwise I'd have loved to drive over and have a look!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 8th Oct 2011 12:37am
That's brilliant! Nice going stu happy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 11th Jan 2012 12:06am
Right bit of an update - with some power graphs.

Had the ECU fitted a while back, but at the time of mapping my injector duty cycle was creeping up past 90% so Ideally I needed some bigger ones.

Going too big can have detremental effects, so I did some research and found that some other Hondas used bigger injectors, offering the same loom plug and resistance.

So, I foudn a set on ebay, got them cleaned and flow tested, then fitted them and took the car to Dan Dan0h at Auto Sport North for a bit of tweeking.

All figures are at the wheels - no guesstimate flywheel figures.

No more fuel was added either, just the duty cycle reduced to get the correct spray pattern...

Graphs...

After fitting S300 ECU with 240cc injectors...

Vtec comes in at 5200rpm.

[Linked Image]

After fitting Prelude injectors and a little tweek on the map for some cam movement.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So, a big thumbs up to Dan for twweking the map and finding another 11bhp - I could really tell there was a difference between driving the car there, and then driving it home. If anyone is after someone to do any ECU mapping, I can highly recommend Dan, and I know of at least 3 other guys I race with (who live locally) who will be paying him a visit soon for some fettling smile
Posted By: Wench Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 11th Jan 2012 12:12am
She really is looking sweet Stu!! When's the next outing for you?

Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 11th Jan 2012 12:18am
Theres an oil cooler in the garage to be fitted, along with a new Thermostat, so its looking like the 2nd March for a trackday.... not sure when its next competitive outing will be though think
Posted By: Wench Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 11th Jan 2012 12:28am
Gutted frown Does she sound any better for all the fiddling?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 11th Jan 2012 12:38am
An impressive increase from upgrading the injectors i`d say, well worth it happy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: StuyMac - Honda Integra DC2 Type R Race Car - 15th Jan 2012 12:23am
Oil cooler fitted today, also managed to swap the thermostat as I think the old one was sticking open....

Never had an major oil temp issues, but this has a thermostatic sandwich plate, so it doesnt allow the oil to flow to the cooler until its up to temp smile

[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral