Forums
Posted By: BrightSpark BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 21st Dec 2008 11:07pm
what ive been up to the past few months

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BrightSpark Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 21st Dec 2008 11:09pm
Took off some of the rust then painted it with red oxide.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][/
Posted By: BrightSpark Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 21st Dec 2008 11:10pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][/quote]
Posted By: BrightSpark Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 21st Dec 2008 11:10pm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BrightSpark Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 21st Dec 2008 11:11pm
[Linked Image]
doors got a lil hole that needs sortin
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BrightSpark Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 21st Dec 2008 11:11pm
[Linked Image]

stitch welded

[Linked Image]

sill off...... and painted

[Linked Image]

sill tacked on

[Linked Image]

sill fully on

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BrightSpark Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 21st Dec 2008 11:12pm
[Linked Image].
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BrightSpark Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 21st Dec 2008 11:14pm
and how it looks now

[Linked Image]

not really, thats what im a
aspiring to
Posted By: MGCraig Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 22nd Dec 2008 1:24am
Lot of work done there, nice one matey. laugh

Where are you finding all these old Vauxhalls as well raftl raftl .. you could have a dealership by now.

Keep us all posted how it goes...looks a very nice project happy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 22nd Dec 2008 3:08am
great work buddy happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 22nd Dec 2008 12:25pm
excellent work bud thumbsup
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 22nd Dec 2008 1:32pm
good work dude looks cooooolll

man
thanks people, took a lot a blood sweat n tears to get this far
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 22nd Dec 2008 4:06pm
great work, hope to see it soon, you other one is nice too, i`ve seen that, i`m the one who had the xr2 smile
Originally Posted by _Ste_
great work, hope to see it soon, you other one is nice too, i`ve seen that, i`m the one who had the xr2 smile

is that the blue one??
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 22nd Dec 2008 4:35pm
yeah the blue one, i got a £2000 payout from direct line for that, bought it back for £200 and sold it on ebay for £650 or £750 (can`t remember now) i was guttered to see it go though frown

i got a mk1 MR2 now, thats my baby, lol, currently in the garage awaiting a new 56k engine to be installed, theres nothing wrong with the one in it but its on about 180k now so time to change methinks smile

You`ve worked hard on this kadett mate, looking really good what you`ve done to it thumbsup

Oh yeah & what makes this extra special is its a 2 door happy
Originally Posted by _Ste_
yeah the blue one, i got a £2000 payout from direct line for that, bought it back for £200 and sold it on ebay for £650 or £750 (can`t remember now) i was guttered to see it go though frown

i got a mk1 MR2 now, thats my baby, lol, currently in the garage awaiting a new 56k engine to be installed, theres nothing wrong with the one in it but its on about 180k now so time to change methinks smile

You`ve worked hard on this kadett mate, looking really good what you`ve done to it thumbsup

Oh yeah & what makes this extra special is its a 2 door happy

done well for ur xr2 then didnt ya, id run the 180K engine until it blew up, well suppose youll have plenty of engine parts if anything goes wrong eh. u got any pics of her?

thanks alot, makes it worthwhile wen u see it comming together, i know!! it hasnt got a sunroof either another little bonus, which normally means the sills last alot longer because the drain holes for the sunroof runs INTO the sill... thick gits at vauxhalls
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 22nd Dec 2008 5:15pm
Originally Posted by BrightSpark

id run the 180K engine until it blew up, well suppose youll have plenty of engine parts if anything goes wrong eh. u got any pics of her?

thanks alot, makes it worthwhile wen u see it comming together, i know!! it hasnt got a sunroof either another little bonus.

i have two spare engines 1 has done 110k other 56k (basically i have two whole mr2`s in spares)

Mine is a targa top frown they always leak, no doubt about it.

i was thinking of running the engine into the ground but might not get round to fitting the new one in very quickly if i did, lol

heres some pics...

my MR2 couple of days after i got it, lol now has a black spoiler, wheels, windows and lights, looks nothing like this now but shall be restoring it soon as robbo_theman gets his ass into gear and welds the floor for me laugh (these are rotboxes)

[Linked Image]

These are of the doner car. One 75 year old lady owner from new, frontal damage with only 56,000 miles omg it was lying up for 3 years, all i did was put a new battery on and it started from 2cd turn of key omg everything mint apart from shell.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I will be doing a mmc post as soon as i start the project but i`m bit busy at the mo with other cars frown

Who`s spraying your car for you?

Posted By: StuyMac Re: BrightSparks: 1981 Opel Kadett D/MK1 Astra - 22nd Dec 2008 6:34pm
A lot of work has been done there matey, fair play for getting the Mk1 back to its rust free state!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral