Forums
Posted By: derekdwc Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 10:57am
At the Wirral History & Heritage Association’s fair yesterday I spoke to the curator Colin Simpson? about arranging a visit to there to view old local art pics of Wirral which I believe are not on display at the moment (stored in the basement?)
I said I would get a list of any folks who would like to come along and get in touch with him to arrange a date for viewing them.
Some photos of pics were on display at the Tranmere table but would like to see the originals.
(The art could be photographed for personal use)

List for visit

1 derekdwc

Attached picture 1767 John Eyes Tranmere Pool [1600x1200].JPG
Attached picture 1859 Herman Tranmere Pool [1600x1200].JPG
Attached picture old priory view [1600x1200].JPG
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 11:21am
one more pic

Attached picture 1863 William cOLLINGWOOD  [1600x1200].JPG
Posted By: rocks Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 1:56pm
1.derekdwc
2.Rocks
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 2:35pm
Originally Posted by rocks
1.derekdwc
2.Rocks
3.Rude
$.Plus
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 3:08pm
Birkenhead was once a beautiful place it seems.

Posted By: troberts Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 7:13pm
Please add Tony Roberts + 1
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 7:23pm
1.derekdwc
2.Rocks
3.Rude
$.Plus
6.Tony Roberts +1
Posted By: troberts Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 7:52pm
Thank you
Tony
Posted By: Zubee Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 9:41pm
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
1.derekdwc
2.Rocks
3.Rude
$.Plus
6.Tony Roberts +1
7.Dilly
8.Zubee
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 10:01pm
1.derekdwc
2.Rocks
3.Rude
$.Plus
6.Tony Roberts +1
7.Dilly
8.Zubee
9.TS
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st Apr 2013 10:25pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

It still is just need more jobs and get poeple back to work to build our wirral back.get a back to work scheme going.if poeple care about the wirral then do more,
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 22nd Apr 2013 7:20am
Will get in touch with them soon and see if it can be done on a saturday or sunday if possible (it may be we have to go on a weekday- it will be up to the curator when he's available).

Opening Hours
Tuesday - Sunday 10am - 5pm
Closed Mondays and Bank Holidays.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 22nd Apr 2013 11:37am
I might come up for this.
Posted By: yoller Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 23rd Apr 2013 7:52pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

It was. See ...

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...Birkenhead_Paradise_Lost.html#Post665675
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 29th Apr 2013 11:02pm
Any developments, Degsy?
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 1st May 2013 2:27pm
Update

He's gave me a date Wednesday May 22 10.15
He will get pics of Birkenhead ready and we can discuss future viewings about other parts of the Wirral perhaps for a Sunday or Saturday visit for those that may be at work.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 1st May 2013 7:10pm
I'm O.K.for that date.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 1st May 2013 8:04pm
He's gave me a date Wednesday May 22 10.15
He will get pics of Birkenhead ready and we can discuss future viewings about other parts of the Wirral perhaps for a Sunday or Saturday visit for those that may be at work.

ok for may 22nd
1 derekdwc
2 chriskay
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 2nd May 2013 8:38am
Wednesday May 22 10.15
He would like to know how many will be coming.
I'll keep this list open until a week before we go

ok for may 22nd
1 derekdwc
2 chriskay
3 Rudebox
4 plusone
5 rocks
Posted By: Zubee Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 7th May 2013 9:17pm
Hi Derek, I'd love to come to this but I can't make week days. If you're organising any weekend stuff please let me know. Thanks, Zubee
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 15th May 2013 9:30am
one week to go.
Any more to add as I shall be getting in touch with the curator tomorrow to tell him how many are coming on Wednesday May 22 10.15

1 derekdwc + 1
2 chriskay
3 Rudebox
4 plusone
5 rocks
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st May 2013 12:47pm
Although the curator wasn't in when I phoned up, it is down in his diary as tomorrow 22nd 10-15 local history group.
So it's still on
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 21st May 2013 12:52pm
You must be a mindreader, only just posted about this, thought it had already happened!
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 23rd May 2013 9:19am
Enjoyed looking at some of the paintings,photos etc for nearly 2 hours
A shame that we didn't have enough time to view them all due to the curator having other things to do that day.
I did mention about a viewing for those that work during the week,but couldn't get a definite answer but a tentative maybe.
He said they were going to update their web site and publicise and do more viewings in the future and digitise more stuff.
A lot of work is being done there at the moment.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 23rd May 2013 1:50pm
Good to see you, Derek and Joe and thanks to Joe for the trip to see the LARC at the docks. A pity there weren't more of us.
Although it was in storage, I managed to see the Polyphon which I remember from 70 years ago when my Gran used to take me there. Then, you put a penny in and it played a tune; the one I remember best was "Killarney". I wish I could have heard it again.

Attached picture Polyphon.jpg
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 23rd May 2013 1:55pm
Glad you enjoyed your visit guys......
Posted By: rocks Re: Arranging a visit to the Williamson Art - 23rd May 2013 3:35pm
ill health forced me to pull out but hopefully i'll make it next time
© Wirral-Wikiwirral