WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,175 guests, and 438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
I am utterly DISGUSTED with all these Wirral and Liverpool employers who have not replied to my job applications. I have spent yet ANOTHER depressing day, stuck in the house with nothing to do, waiting for a reply that never comes. It is absolutely SOUL DESTROYING being out of work.

What the hell is going on in this country when a person sends off hundreds and hundreds of CVs - yet never gets a reply? I mean, just what are these employers looking for?

I have 25 years of good, solid admin and customer service experience. I am fully experienced in Word, Excel and Access, and am a hard-working,, reliable, punctual worker. Yet not one single employer out there will give me a chance.

I am fast losing all hope of ever getting a job. Somebody somewhere please cheer me up, I am feeling so demoralised and dejected.

Fed Up Job Hunter
Birkenhead

Last edited by Jobneeded67; 5th Aug 2011 3:36pm.
Google Ads
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Hun, it's not just on Merseyside and the Wirral that happens....it's happening all over the country.

Your better looking for jobs over in Liverpool for admin jobs - the best site to do it right now is Jobsite.

You will find as the years go by, a new job site becomes the new 'in thing'..it's currently jobsite I believe. it also all depends on how your cv is. I have my cv set out in a certain way, and I've always got interviews, and I have only ever been to one interview that i havent got - I've had over 8 jobs so far and I'm only 23.

If you need anymore help, let me know. Another company that could be recruiting soon is Atos Healthcare - as long as you don't have a criminal record, and your not in a lot of debt - you have the opportunity of a job. I know Atos is in the news at the moment for not being the 'best' company for obvious reasons - but behind the scenes, they are a good company to work for smile

I don't know what else to suggest. I can help you as much as I can, if you want to talk more, pm me.

[Linked Image]
Nikki Abbo! wink Life isnt a practise,you have to get it right first time! smile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
advertise in the globe for training people in microsoft applications. advertise it as refresher training.
£25 perhour bud.

Smartchild
Smartchild
Which agencies are you registered with at the moment? The Business Connection on Hanover Steet also have an office in Chester, they are always looking for people with your skills. There is a lady called Franki Spreag, give her a call, or call the Chester number and ask for Sarah she is a hoot to chat to and will find you temporary or perm work, they have some great contacts in Merseyside.

Also there is a fella called Mark Radcliffe (honestly) at Manpower in Liverpool he will actively search for work for people with your skills. Don't send them all your CV and wait for them to get back to you, follow it up with a call, pop into the office with some donuts sounds silly but it puts you in their minds and when there are 50 people a day coming through the door with a similar CV, you need to stand out.

You need to change your attitude and I mean that in the nicest way possible so please don't have a go for saying that, but you have recently joined this forum and all your posts have really been negative. I feel sorry for you and I DO know what you are going through, but feeling like this WILL carry itself across in phone conversations and even in emails. You need to make yourself feel more positive and do something constructive with your time.

Think about volunteering one day a week somewhere let someone else get the benefit of your experience you never know where it might lead.

I had to sign on today, first time in years, in fact the woman was giggling when she pulled up my file on the computer and the last time I was in there was early 1990's. The problem is not the area, but the actual state of the country AND the world at the moment.

The Job Centre were incredibly helpful today and gave me some great leads to comapnies who are hiring in the industry I come from. I feel really energised by it and look forward to applying some more. Try and cheer up and feel a bit better.

And then on the way home I noticed a shop window sign and I went in and had a chat, they were lovely people it's only minimum wage but at the moment I would rather we doing something while I wait for a decent job, than sitting doing nothing.

Keep going, the next job that you apply for might actually be the one you get. And I mean what I said in my previous posts if you want your CV looking over, or you want me to give some contacts for potential employers then just get in touch,

Good luck

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Offer to do some voluntary work so you can get out of the house. It will cheer you up and look good on your CV.

See you in cyberspace!
Smartchild
Smartchild
Park Group (Hampers) were advertising last week for temporary customer care staff (on the phones) send a cv to Liz McGrath, Valley Road Birkenhead CH41 7ED

Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
Work agencies?

"C20 LET bang"
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Capt_America
Offer to do some voluntary work so you can get out of the house. It will cheer you up and look good on your CV.

withthat I cant reccommend voluntary work enough and at the same time you meet some really nice and interesting people.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Everything happens for a reason,live it,love it and learn from it.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
i agree with the above posts. may i also suggest getting out of the house daily, for a walk or to chat with friends.

anxiety can quickly lead to depression. looking after your mental health is vital.

potential employers will leave a voicemail, email etc

good luck.

N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
You're going to make yourself ill at this rate.

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
I am utterly DISGUSTED with all these Wirral and Liverpool employers who have not replied to my job applications. I have spent yet ANOTHER depressing day, stuck in the house with nothing to do, waiting for a reply that never comes. It is absolutely SOUL DESTROYING being out of work.

What the hell is going on in this country when a person sends off hundreds and hundreds of CVs - yet never gets a reply? I mean, just what are these employers looking for?

I have 25 years of good, solid admin and customer service experience. I am fully experienced in Word, Excel and Access, and am a hard-working,, reliable, punctual worker. Yet not one single employer out there will give me a chance.

I am fast losing all hope of ever getting a job. Somebody somewhere please cheer me up, I am feeling so demoralised and dejected.

Fed Up Job Hunter
Birkenhead

You're not the only one. I did (until very recently) put SAE's in with my CV and still got no reply.

Get out and do something instead of sitting in the house. One would assume you're fully fit and able to walk etc? Count yourself lucky and make the most of it! Do some voluntary work, offer to do a work trial for employers, hand your CV in personally instead of posting/emailing it - get your face known.

Without you taking it the wrong way, if you put as much energy into getting out of the house and doing something as you do moaning about it, you might get a bit further. Go to the world, don't wait for it to come to you! Sometimes agency jobs lead to full time posts.

Just an idea smile

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I hope you take the advice offered, as responses to your posts.
Unemployment/ 'rejection' (its not personal) may appear soul destroying but what can you do, for yourself to improve your situation?
Perhaps, a change of mindset?
Yes, continue doing what you can to gain employment but also 'balance' that by taking Time Out. Visit the Park, the Baths, the Library-whatever it takes for you personally to boost and/or maintain Esteem.
Dont let the fuckers grind you down. X

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Hi Sallybear

Thanks for your reply. Your advice was much appreciated, as was the advice given to me by all the other people here, and I shall certainly take everything you said on board.

Re. Voluntary work - well, I have actually enquired about that too, and you know what? Even some of these employers can be as unreliable as paying employers, and by that I mean some of them asked me to send them my CV, which they said they'd pass on to their "manager." But then, just like all the other employers, that was it. No more word from them. A couple of others to whom I enquired about voluntary work said they'd added me to their database and will "contact" me should anything arise in the future. I've also tried a few charity shops, but at the moment, nothing definite offered.

So you see, all you people who claim I am just sitting around the house - I AM actually doing something to alleviate my misery. It's just a question of finding the right form of voluntary work that is forthcoming. Being patient for word back from the bosses and all that.

I do appreciate what some of you have said, that I am "moaning" somewhat about my unemployment plight, but the thing is, I just can't help it. I have no money, just my JSA, have bills to pay, and generally have nothing to enjoy life with whatsoever. Can't afford nights out or holidays etc. You know, the usual handicaps that come with unemployment. Anyway, don't want to start going on again too much. Am sure you all take my point, anyway.

I mean, I am that keen to get back into work that I would even be willing to work for ONE WHOLE WEEK UNPAID, a fact that I have made abundantly clear to employers. I am a very honest, reliable, dilligent and punctual person, and I really do think that all my previous admin and customer service experience would prove highly useful to any employer who would be willing to give me a chance.

Having said that, I would again like to offer my deepest thanks for all the advice given, and I shall certainly keep knocking on the doors in the hope that one day - just one day - I will receive a positive answer from an employer!

Last edited by Jobneeded67; 6th Aug 2011 1:37am.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Good luck. Stay positive. smile

Smartchild
Smartchild
It is soul destroying when you know you are good at jobs but cannot make a break through. I've been there - quals, exp - the lot. However, I looked at organisations that were needing updated staff and with current exp and quals got in through the door. My past 3 jobs were that I became friendly with the managers whilst handing my CV and kept in touch with them. Although they had to officially advertise the job, they knew that I would fit in with the organisation and how much more enrichment I would bring. Please make sure you do not offer lots of unpaid work to them - they will mostly use this and expect you to still volunteer when the vacancy has been filled by someone else. Keep up your self-respect. Target the employers who have an outdated workforce first - only my advice. If I hear anything I'll pm you. Agency work is a good start. - how about going into teaching with your computer/IT skills? - money not too good as its ad hoc but could be a great change of career you may enjoy - ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am