Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,926 guests, and 465 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#673984 8th Mar 2012 11:03am
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
was reading in the local newspaper last night that they are moving food distribution centers to wallsey and couldnt believe it how can the government let people/families live in such despair,to become so poverty stricken that we need places like these?it made me very angry and very sad to think there are such hard up families living on the wirral.sad times indeed.

Google Ads
Addict
Addict
I'd be really interested in finding out more.
I have an allotment and usually have a surplus of fruit and veg even after I've passed it out to my neighbours, would be nice to be able to donate to somewhere like this and know that the produce was going to be put to good use and to people who really need it

Last edited by Handbag; 8th Mar 2012 12:37pm.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
We used to go to Thombo's, there's always been people on Wirral with a bit less than others. Never thought it would come to big distribution centres though, it don't ring right.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by Handbag
I have an allotment and usually have a surplus of fruit and veg even after I've passed it out to my neighbours, would be nice to be able to donate to somewhere like this and know that the produce was going to be put to good use and to people who really need it
its in the wirral news think its run by local churches etc its so nice to know there are people like you out there who still care and are willing to help out others even though times are hard for everyone!

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
We used to go to Thombo's, there's always been people on Wirral with a bit less than others. Never thought it would come to big distribution centres though, it don't ring right.
its unbelievable isnt it bandy so sad. :((

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Oh my god!----rewind} don't know why I wrote that as there's no such thing! Damn smack don't let the media get ya, drill all kinds a crap into ya brain so they do.

No, let's not help the people in our own country who prefer to spend their dole money on drink and drugs, how about helping these peeps out instead and putting the money to a better cause eh?

Damn people are so messed up.

Watch....

[youtube]YdldABYWHEY[/youtube]

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by lauralou2
Originally Posted by Handbag
its in the wirral news think its run by local churches etc its so nice to know there are people like you out there who still care and are willing to help out others even though times are hard for everyone!

If it is the one run by the Churches, then it will be very many pensioners who are donating! That doesn't seem right either does it ?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Oh my god!----rewind} don't know why I wrote that as there's no such thing! Damn smack don't let the media get ya, drill all kinds a crap into ya brain so they do.

No, let's not help the people in our own country who prefer to spend their dole money on drink and drugs, how about helping these peeps out instead and putting the money to a better cause eh?

Damn people are so messed up. dont let the media get ya???whats that your tellin people to watch???theres hardship all over the world that doesnt mean theres anything wrong with helping out people on our own doorstep when we cant help others elsewhere was waiting for athe usual"smackhead" comment a little tiresome there are actually genuine families in need on the wirral

Watch....

[youtube]YdldABYWHEY[/youtube]

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I happen to find it diabolical that they are taking from the good pensioners of Wirral.
Nobody goes without in this country, they get sufficient funds for living expenses, they maybe minimal but what do peeps expect? Money for jewellery, nights out on town, ciggies, ale? People seem to forget that those little items are a luxury.

There are genuine people in this world that need helping out who don't get anything at all! Never mind people who have it easy in our country getting free dole money to spend on what they like.

Blooming outrageous, taking from pensioners no

Whatever next confused

Putin khuilo
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
well ste thats a very blinkered way to see things its a shame that you think everyone in wallasey or the wirral who claims benefits is a smackhead or lazy im sure that would make lots of people very angry though i do agree with what you say about pensioners however it just happens the benefactors for these distribution centres are the big supermarkets not pensioners so your point is mute

Newbeee
Newbeee
To be honest i totally agree with Ste, JSA benefit and simular benefits like non working parents child benefits should be provided via food stamps and utility bills and a bus pass for travel with a pocket money allowance of 10 per week. this would ensure that the people who enjoy the free ride lifestyle would want to get a job and try harder rather than spawn out more children for more money etc.

Food and bills are essential with clothing money is not needed for anything else.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
well ste thats a very blinkered way to see things its a shame that you think everyone in wallasey or the wirral who claims benefits is a smackhead or lazy im sure that would make lots of people very angry though i do agree with what you say about pensioners however it just happens the benefactors for these distribution centres are the big supermarkets not pensioners so your point is mute

When may i ask did i say everyone in wallasey or wirral who claim benefits are "smackheads"?

It was you who said that, not me....

theres hardship all over the world that doesnt mean theres anything wrong with helping out people on our own doorstep when we cant help others elsewhere was waiting for athe usual"smackhead" comment a little tiresome there are actually genuine families in need on the wirral

Sooo columbo, if these familys cannot afford food (even though the cash for the said food is provided for them free) where is the money going that they are provided with?

smirk

Bloody good point made by popeye, "stamps" excellent idea, that would go well with the method of paying the landlord direct too clap

Putin khuilo
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
read the papers take a look around and read up your own comments to find the drug reference you made first hercule i was only saying how sad for some families to be in such a dire situation no need to feel you have to get on your high horse as if you know everything ignorance is bliss after all i spose

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Lauralou2, Ste's opinion is not blinkered and it's not mute.He is quite correct except for one thing.No one is forced. If the Church are organising this food distribution, (as you said), then firstly they put out an appeal to the congregations of the Churches, and as we know the majority are pensioners these days. They donate willingly and are not forced at all, but that is what the Church and congregation is about. You'd be surprised how many charitable organisiations they help and how much hard work is done behind the scenes, without shouting about it. They never stop!
Even if the suprmarkets do get involved, how much will you be donating to the cause, or is that not the sort of thing you do, because you would rather rely on others, supermarkets or not?

Last edited by granny; 8th Mar 2012 10:26pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Smartchild
Smartchild
What distribution centres are you on about?

You mean soup kitchens?

Last edited by ASE71; 8th Mar 2012 10:33pm.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am