WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,347
Posts1,033,259
Members14,550
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (3 invisible), 10,094 guests, and 611 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
JohnC, Luke2307, jharwood, TamTam, mrbigglesworth
14,550 Registered Users
New General Forums
Do we need Trident?
by derekdwc - 20th Jan 2016 1:11pm
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Looking for Joneses
by Markjon88 - 11th Apr 2019 7:06am
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 15
casper 14
bri445 4
Topic Replies
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:20pm
Gaza
by granny - 15th Mar 2024 10:13pm
Get your Money Tree ready
by StellaSimmons - 11th Mar 2024 11:50am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by bri445 - 4th Mar 2024 5:54pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by Abakumss - 2nd Mar 2024 3:52pm
Oleo Works
by diggingdeeper - 1st Mar 2024 11:51pm
Wiper mechanism needed
by Gibbo - 28th Feb 2024 12:29pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#851111 17th Jan 2014 8:39am
Mark Online Happy OP
Wiki Master
OP Online Happy
Wiki Master
Extra help for those struggling with welfare changes.

Wirral residents who are struggling to cope with the impact of welfare reforms on their personal circumstances will soon be able to benefit from additional help and support.

Wirral Council has agreed a one-year contract with the local Citizens Advice Bureau to deliver a package of free welfare advice, information and advocacy for Wirral residents who are specifically affected by welfare reforms.

Sheffield Hallam University’s Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research identified Wirral as being one of the areas worst affected by the reforms by 2014-15. Out of a total of 379 districts, researchers ranked Wirral 27th in the top 50 districts worst affected with an estimated loss per year of £127m and a financial loss per working age adult per year of £636, against the national average of £470 per year.

Against this backdrop, Wirral Council’s ruling Cabinet approved an investment of £120,000 to provide an additional, dedicated welfare advice and advocacy service, available right across the borough, to try to help the increasing number of people who are struggling to come to terms with all the changes and are suffering greater hardship as a result of welfare reform.

After a competitive tender process, Wirral Citizens Advice Bureau – in partnership with Wired - was awarded the contract to deliver this programme from January 2014.

Philip Howley, Chairman of the Trustees of Wirral CAB, said: “This is an excellent opportunity for the CAB to provide timely and much needed advice to local residents, on behalf of the Council, and in partnership with Wired. A lot of evidence points to the confusion which is being caused by the changes to welfare reform system, and I believe that this work will help our clients to better understand the changes and the impact on them and prevent many from falling into a crisis situation.”

Cllr Phil Davies, Leader of Wirral Council, added: “We are committed to doing whatever we can to help local people deal with the changes that have been inflicted upon them. Wirral CAB and Wired, through their teams of experienced staff and volunteers, are well-placed to deliver this service on our behalf quickly and effectively and I’d urge anyone who is struggling to get in touch.”

Wirral CAB plan to recruit a team of two advisers and one advocate, supported by an administration worker, to provide advice, information and advocacy on aspects of welfare reform changes, up to the stage of appeal and tribunal.

One of the reasons why Wirral CAB were successful in winning the contract is that they are already capable of dealing with a high volume of enquiries through their gateway assessment interview, delivered by volunteers, which can quickly assess impact of welfare reform on individuals.

This assessment takes into account changes to welfare benefits, including debt, personal finances, legal issues, issues connected with mental health and disability and employment. The service will provide assisted information/self help; signposting and referral to other relevant agencies together with casework and representation.

At any time throughout the process, people may also be referred to Wirral Wired for complementary services to support clients with things like professional advocacy, money management and employment support.

This full service will launch in the next few weeks. If you require assistance urgently, you can call 0844 772121 or drop into any Council One Stop Shop or Citizens Advice Bureau office.

Source Click Me

Google Ads
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Presumeably they will be told to prioritise - with Flat screen TVs, Ciggies and beer last on the list? Sorry forgot about the dog, that should of course come higher than the TV screen as it needs to be fed.
What about: Top items on the list of priorities
1: Pay the rent
2. pay the Council tax (if applicable)
3. Feed the children
4. Pay to heat and light the house
5. House maintenance (paint and gardening)
6. House and contents insurance

Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by nem12esis
Presumeably they will be told to prioritise - with Flat screen TVs, Ciggies and beer last on the list? Sorry forgot about the dog, that should of course come higher than the TV screen as it needs to be fed.
What about: Top items on the list of priorities
1: Pay the rent
2. pay the Council tax (if applicable)
3. Feed the children
4. Pay to heat and light the house
5. House maintenance (paint and gardening)
6. House and contents insurance
Thats correct,But if you not got children in the house share thefood with the dog haha.I think if your on the welfare your entitled to vouchers to cover the vet bills. smile so might get exempt as usuall wink

Last edited by Candlyfloss; 18th Jan 2014 5:35pm.
Newbeee
Newbeee
As somebody who was unemployed recently, I wondered how, with just over £70, I was supposed to..
1. Contribute to the Council Tax
2. Heat my flat.
3. Power my flat.
4. Pay for water for my flat.
5. Feed myself.
6. Clothe myself.
7. Pay for stamps for applying for jobs.
8. Travel to interviews.

If anyone can advise how to do that (please note I did not include any leisure activities such as having a television or even replacing any household items that had ceased to function), then answers on a postcard please.

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Take no notice of those that are quick to condemn, they believe everything they are told by the nasty party, they are more to be pitied because they have no humanity nor empathy toward those less fortunate, they come from a dog eat dog world where money is the god, Their masters make jokes about being imprisoned for wrecking restaurants( somebody's livelihood) carried out whilst they were drunk, that is the utter contempt they hold us in, even if you were daft enough to believe in their politics, as human beings they lack the basic substance of humanity.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by casper
Take no notice of those that are quick to condemn, they believe everything they are told by the nasty party, they are more to be pitied because they have no humanity nor empathy toward those less fortunate, they come from a dog eat dog world where money is the god, Their masters make jokes about being imprisoned for wrecking restaurants( somebody's livelihood) carried out whilst they were drunk, that is the utter contempt they hold us in, even if you were daft enough to believe in their politics, as human beings they lack the basic substance of humanity.

Where is the condemnation?
Who is the nasty party? never heard of them but an illusion to Labour approximates!
Do not generalise about those with whom you fail to agree.

In conclusion I cannot feel any association with those who are meant to suffer from your rant, I just don't think they exist and are in fact a figment of your imagination.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by markjw
As somebody who was unemployed recently, I wondered how, with just over £70, I was supposed to..
1. Contribute to the Council Tax
2. Heat my flat.
3. Power my flat.
4. Pay for water for my flat.
5. Feed myself.
6. Clothe myself.
7. Pay for stamps for applying for jobs.
8. Travel to interviews.

If anyone can advise how to do that (please note I did not include any leisure activities such as having a television or even replacing any household items that had ceased to function), then answers on a postcard please.

I don't know how old you are but when you leave the comfort of your home you take it upon yourself to look after yourself.
If you are going to have problems heating, lighting and paying for council services and water, then do not leave home. Job seekers allowance is not intended as an alternative to wages, it is a stop-gap to help you for a week or two until you find alternative employment.

Newbeee
Newbeee
Sorry Nem.

Just to clarify, I am in my 40s. I have worked relatively constantly in administrative jobs (not terribly well paid but enough to live on).

Having lived in my own flat for 15 years, I felt that going home to my pensioner mother's house was not an option (especially as she did not have a spare bedroom).

Luckily it was only a few months before I managed to find work again. In that time though, my living conditions were extremely poor.

I was also handicapped in my search for work as I simply could not afford to do several things (such as buy clothes suitable for interview).

The irony of the issue was that I was put on the work programme shortly before I actually found work.

The company (who did not help me find work in any way) who ran the work programme have since been given £2000 of your money for doing nothing!

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Oh dear, it seems I have touched on a raw spot, I know its an illusion of yours that its the Labour party, but I was alluding to the Tories, you appear to think I was referring to your post, oh well if the cap fits and all that.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by casper
Oh dear, it seems I have touched on a raw spot, I know its an illusion of yours that its the Labour party, but I was alluding to the Tories, you appear to think I was referring to your post, oh well if the cap fits and all that.

No illusion, the description does not fit with the Tories. Just look at the vast strides the government is taking us into wealth again despite the (For your benefit the nasty Lib-Dems). Jobless figures are down, the Labour debts is down, businesses are growing (see figures for last 6 months) despite Ed Balls(up) banging on about flat lining, We can now afford for the Minimum wage to be increased, need I go on about the successes this government is making for our country. Only one failing - continuing to ignore the public demand for a referendum on the EU just like the Labour and Lib-Dems are ignoring it too.

Last edited by nem12esis; 19th Jan 2014 12:36pm.
Forum Veteran
Online Content
Forum Veteran
I must go to specsavers as I can only see the 'wealth' going in one direction - to line the pockets of those who already have the most money.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by derekdwc
I must go to specsavers as I can only see the 'wealth' going in one direction - to line the pockets of those who already have the most money.

Money does and quite rightly should go to those who work hard, create jobs and save for their futures. Perhaps you are right, that visit to Specsavers is overdue.

Last edited by nem12esis; 20th Jan 2014 8:56am.
Forum Veteran
Online Content
Forum Veteran
Originally Posted by nem12esis
Originally Posted by derekdwc

Money does and quite rightly should go to those who work hard, create jobs and save for their futures. Perhaps you are right, that visit to Specsavers is overdue.

I apologise for drifting off topic

Do you live in the real world?
click
and
click

Last edited by derekdwc; 20th Jan 2014 10:41am.
Forum Veteran
Online Content
Forum Veteran
In too many countries economic growth already amounts to little more than a 'winner takes all' windfall for the richest."

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
But who actually creates the wealth? money and business acumen are only a part of wealth creation, without a workforce it amounts to nothing, so where does the deserve come into it? don't we all deserve a decent standard of living as creators.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Possible Cause of Dementia
by diggingdeeper - 22nd Feb 2024 2:08am
Wiper mechanism needed
by Peter0787 - 20th Feb 2024 4:07pm
For Sale & Free
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
Floral pavilion promo code?
by TheComputerLab - 31st Dec 2018 2:11pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am
New Enthusiast Forums
Xbox