Originally Posted by BBC Sport
Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has been told by manager Rafael Benitez that he has a future at the club.

The 26-year-old has been linked with a move away from Anfield as Benitez rebuilds his team over the summer.

But Crouch said: "Benitez told me I'm part of his plans and that's good enough for me. I'll relax over the summer and come back hungry for more.

"At Liverpool there's going to be competition for places, especially as the manager likes to chop and change."

The tall striker joined Liverpool from Southampton for £7m in July 2005 and has scored 17 goals in 46 Premiership appearances.

I think its a real shame the way Benitez is wasting him for they pile of pigcrap aka Dirk Kuyt. I hope Benitez see's sense and gets rid of Kuyt and retains Crouch. We need strikers who can score, and Crouch is the only remaining one who we have now that Fowler wont be here next season.

If he gets rid of Crouch (and Fowler), then we have Andriy Voronin coming in, so it says an awful lot about Rafa's ability to know a good striker when he see's one and we will almost instantly right off any chances we have of winning anything next season.

BBC Sport Report