Originally Posted by LiverpoolFC.tv
Sami Hyypia insists his future is in Liverpool – regardless of whether his contract is extended this summer.

Speaking ahead of his 34th birthday on Sunday, the Big Finn revealed he'd like to follow in the footsteps of Jan Molby by staying on Merseyside into his retirement.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I can see myself staying around here. I haven't really thought about it but my family is enjoying their stay in Liverpool. I have very few, if any, reasons to consider going back to Finland."

The centre-back, who has made 409 Liverpool appearances since 1999, thinks he'll remain in football long after hanging up his boots – but not as a manager.

"I think I'd like to stay involved in football somehow. I don't know if I want to be a manager. I've seen a lot of managers in my career and I know that it maybe wouldn't be good for my health."

I hope he gets another season or two, he doesnt have the pace anymore to keep up with the fastest strikers in the game, but as he's proved this season, when we have an injury at centre back, he is the best replacement we have (as both Carragher and Agger have been injured).

We only have two other centre backs at present, even if we sign another one id like to know that big Sami is there to provide more cover, as we really needed it when himself and Carra were both injured at the same time leaving only Agger as CB.

409 games for the club and counting, he's been a legend, his heart is obviously in the club and the city, he was the captain when we won the treble, give him another season or two!

smile

LiverpoolFC.tv News Report

[Linked Image]